Russian tourist visa is a nightmare - Page 2 - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russian tourist visa is a nightmare

Haggi

On 6/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, kumnio said:

Just put down any old shite, they don't even check it. I picked random hotels from booking.com, and got my visa, no questions asked.

Did you have to present any further documentation like travel insurance when you submitted your visa application?

I am heading to Manchester next Thursday to apply for my Russian visa.

1 hour ago, CAT said:

Did you have to present any further documentation like travel insurance when you submitted your visa application?

Nope, nothing apart from a letter of invitation. 

16 hours ago, CAT said:

Take copies of everything just to be on the safe side. Should be ok tho. 

Think the more we moan about it the worse people expect it to be, it's actually no that bad if you have the information to hand, you'd have to be pretty strange to have all that to hand tho! 

19 hours ago, Robbo fae Ayr said:

The great thing is you can look at the questions save as draft , find the answers then just go back where you left off and you have not lost any of the completed form 

Aye, very efficient, it's just a pain getting the info but once it's done it's done. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The lassies at the Edinburgh office are dour faced buggers.

Good result!!!... Sending Russians to Scotland is maybe a punishment for some criminal act. We used to send criminals to Australia. lol.

3 hours ago, dan cake said:

handed my visa in yesterday 5 minutes nae probs

ill be impressed if anybody can get a smile out of the staff tho

hopefully the locals are a bit less "cold"  Seemingly they like to party but do not smile at people they do not know. lol. Transport is cheap have a look at the video in this thread it gives you the information how to get to the football stadium.

hopefully the locals are a bit less "cold"

10 minutes was all it took.  Only problem was with the photo.  I took a pic using my phone and printed it on photographic paper.  The receptionist said it was too blurred.  She helpfully said that they could take a suitable photo in the Visa Centre.  £10 later, and the result was just as blurred as the original but strangely was acceptable.  

For you!

English          Russian         

Hello                                                             Privet                                                 

Good Okay                                                   Khorosho                           

Goodbye                                                       do svidaniya                         

Good evening                                              Dobryy vecher                                    

Good Night                                                  Dobroy nochi                                     

Good afternoon or good day                      Dobryy den'                                       

Good Morning                                              Dobroye utro                                   

Thank you                                                      Spasibo                                              

Yes                                                                  da                                                        

No                                                                   net    

No problem                                                    net problem                                       

Pardon                                                             pomilovaniye                                     

Excuse me                                                        Izvinite menya                                                                                                                

Excuse                                                               opravdaniye                                    

Stay                                                                    ostat'sya                                         

How near                                                           kak blizko                                              

How far                                                               kak daleko                                           

Do you speak english                                        Vy govorite po-angliyski                    

On 7/23/2019 at 10:27 AM, Tartan_McCole said:

The lassies at the Edinburgh office are dour faced buggers.

I remember they were like that when l applied for my visa in 2010, must be the same ones! The locals in Moscow can seem like that but the ones that would help you out were superb and couldn't be nicer. Must be a capital city thing (Edinburgh excluded of course).

Well one part that wasn't a nightmare was getting the "Letter of Invitation/Voucher" from Fortuna Travel. It took about one hour ten minutes give or take a few seconds. Oh and I could pay for it using PayPal so I didn't have to use my Debit Card.

Visa's arrived today Recorded Delivery,  on the day they said. Process was long winded but steady and check, check and check again. Used the office in London and only in there less than 1 hour

As others have said the process as posted on this forum was correct and many thanks to the experts