Russian tourist visa is a nightmare - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russian tourist visa is a nightmare

Haggi

The Russian tourist visa is a nightmare. Details they want is a big invasion of privacy. They want your children's passport details, Income, old passport numbers, Do you take drugs have you ever taken drugs, Mother Father birth & Death details, where you work, criminal record, they even want the x wife's place of birth, age, where she was born & her current address, where you were last time you left the UK & for how long. I have stopped filling in the form reason being I need the boy's Passport number etc & I am having second thoughts. Some questions are reasonable, like when you are expected to arrive, the rest is B/S

I booked accommodation yesterday. I am now thinking of canceling, the visa has done my head in...

3 hours ago, Haggi said:

The Russian tourist visa is a nightmare. Details they want is a big invasion of privacy. They want your children's passport details, Income, old passport numbers, Do you take drugs have you ever taken drugs, Mother Father birth & Death details, where you work, criminal record, they even want the x wife's place of birth, age, where she was born & her current address, where you were last time you left the UK & for how long. I have stopped filling in the form reason being I need the boy's Passport number etc & I am having second thoughts. Some questions are reasonable, like when you are expected to arrive, the rest is B/S

I booked accommodation yesterday. I am now thinking of canceling, the visa has done my head in...

Just be thankful it’s only a tourist visa you need or you’d need to get tested for the Weedgie flu ana’

8 hours ago, Haggi said:

trying applying for a UK Visa - worst by far by a mile - have to give them 10 years of travel details which is nightmare if you are going abroad 5-10 times year 

2 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Looking at staying in an AirBnB, would I put that down as staying with an "individual" rather than in a hotel?

I clicked Hotel then wrote apartment at the start of the address. I use booking dot com because you pay cash when you arrive. AirBNB grabs your money before you have left the house. lol.

14 minutes ago, Haggi said:

I clicked Hotel then wrote apartment at the start of the address. I use booking dot com because you pay cash when you arrive. AirBNB grabs your money before you have left the house. lol.

Hmm, like the Airbnb option as is way more comfortable. Rather have it all paid in advance to get it out the way tbh

14 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Hmm, like the Airbnb option as is way more comfortable. Rather have it all paid in advance to get it out the way tbh

I am maybe a wee bit bias against AirBNB I booked an apartment in May, Nis Serbia, paid. Seconds later email from the owner saying she was booked up & had to cancel my booking. Then I had to wait to get a refund which took awhile.    

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Just put down any old shite, they don't even check it. I picked random hotels from booking.com, and got my visa, no questions asked.

I may do that, your advice sounds good.

Found this guide which says that you only need to enter the countries that you have stamps of visas in your passport and that you do not need to enter places where you don't. Not sure how accurate it is. It also says you don't need to put education or previous employment. Looks a nightmare though. You also need the invite letter and tourist voucher which I have seen for 8.99 from an agency.

http://www.ruvisa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Step-by-Step-Guide-Business-Edinburgh-2014.pdf

2 minutes ago, DoubleSC said:

Found this guide which says that you only need to enter the countries that you have stamps of visas in your passport and that you do not need to enter places where you don't. Not sure how accurate it is. It also says you don't need to put education or previous employment. Looks a nightmare though. You also need the invite letter and tourist voucher which I have seen for 8.99 from an agency.

http://www.ruvisa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Step-by-Step-Guide-Business-Edinburgh-2014.pdf

It looks like the one I started to fill in.  My copy never saved, I will have to start from scratch. Nightmare. lol. The invite letter and tourist voucher? I got that, I think it maybe a con, you can maybe by pass that & go direct to your link. It cost me, the mug, $40.

31 minutes ago, Haggi said:

lol:  I have not got that far just the last country dates & how long for. Throw the dolls out the pram & have a big glass of lidls whiskey.

It's going to be fkin October by the time I finish this fker... got to provide previous passport pish!? 

Yeah I was still able to use my FAN ID (Which acts as a visa) from the World Cup on my second visit to Russia in 2018 but a friend of mine who travels extensively told me he didn't write everywhere he has been. I don't think they are that thorough about it. They would receive around 20+million of these applications a year.