Angelo Alessio - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Not a Killie fan and I appreciate what Gary Holt said about British managers being overlooked but quite nice to get  a different name.  Sometimes in the past Scottish football has just seem a bit of a merry go round with one fairly mediocre manger getting sacked by one club just to join another one a few months later

30 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Not a Killie fan and I appreciate what Gary Holt said about British managers being overlooked but quite nice to get  a different name.  Sometimes in the past Scottish football has just seem a bit of a merry go round with one fairly mediocre manger getting sacked by one club just to join another one a few months later

Scottish football has been pretty loyal to British managers, if not Scottish. In fact there’s been a fairly strong resistance to foreign managers in many quarters. Possibly due to some of the dabbles in the foreign market in the 90s. 😂

I hope the Killie squad embrace any new ideas he brings.

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Scottish football has been pretty loyal to British managers, if not Scottish. In fact there’s been a fairly strong resistance to foreign managers in many quarters. Possibly due to some of the dabbles in the foreign market in the 90s. 😂

I hope the Killie squad embrace any new ideas he brings.

Advocaat (Rangers)

Venglos (Celtic)

Ebbe Skovdahl (Aberdeen)

Ivano Bonetti (Dundee)

Ivan Golac   (Dundee Utd)

Valdas Ivanauskas (Hearts)

Paulo Sérgio Bento Brito (Hearts)

Csaba László  (Hearts & Dundee Utd)

Frank Sauzee (Hibs)

Mixu Paataleinen  (Cowdenbeath, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd)

Paul Le Guen (Rangers)

Pedro Caixinha  (Rangers)

quite a few there  

2 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Advocaat (Rangers)

Venglos (Celtic)

Ebbe Skovdahl (Aberdeen)

Ivano Bonetti (Dundee)

Ivan Golac   (Dundee Utd)

Valdas Ivanauskas (Hearts)

Paulo Sérgio Bento Brito (Hearts)

Csaba László  (Hearts & Dundee Utd)

Frank Sauzee (Hibs)

Mixu Paataleinen  (Cowdenbeath, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd)

Paul Le Guen (Rangers)

Pedro Caixinha  (Rangers)

quite a few there  

There’s probably more than that in EPL now. 😂

A few teams including the national team had one and decided the rest must be equally shite, despite having a procession of shite British managers.

Harri Kampman 😱

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I had a laugh when I read that the other day, especially as I knew it was complete bull!

Bell seems like a "nice but dim" kind of lad.:-))

Still remember like yesterday Bell's incredible string of saves for Kilmarnock against Celtic in 2010 that helped "tear up the script" for Robbie Keane's debut.

21 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bell seems like a "nice but dim" kind of lad.:-))

Still remember like yesterday Bell's incredible string of saves for Kilmarnock against Celtic in 2010 that helped "tear up the script" for Robbie Keane's debut.

Aye, he annoyed me leaving for the lower league football with the Huns but cannot dislike him for that game and the Cup Final against Celtic too where he was MOTM.

Image result for CAMMY BELL KILMARNOCK LEAGUE CUP FINAL

17 hours ago, macy37 said:

Mate is pals with both Livy Chairman and a director. He lumped a lot on him at 16’s.😂😂

Well I know Gary well and I can assure you Killie never even spoke to him or Livi, never mind him knocking it back! (which he would never do in a million years - he could walk from his house to RP in about 30 secs!)

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Confirmed the big man is away...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48674593

Killie's greatest top league goalscorer in nearly 100 years, all the best to him..

Saw a thing on Facebook that said Boyd made his Killie debut as a sub for Ally Mccoist in his last game.

I didn’t know that. (Presuming it’s correct)

Whatever you think of the pair, quite a fitting changing of the guard, which nobody would’ve really been aware of at the time it happened.

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Well I know Gary well and I can assure you Killie never even spoke to him or Livi, never mind him knocking it back! (which he would never do in a million years - he could walk from his house to RP in about 30 secs!)

I can only go on what he said. Would you have had him before this appointment ?

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Saw a thing on Facebook that said Boyd made his Killie debut as a sub for Ally Mccoist in his last game.

I didn’t know that. (Presuming it’s correct)

Whatever you think of the pair, quite a fitting changing of the guard, which nobody would’ve really been aware of at the time it happened.

Not quite, Boyd came on after McCoist had aleady gone off. It still was their first and last games respectively though. 

https://www.11v11.com/matches/kilmarnock-v-celtic-20-may-2001-7274/

Edited by Toepoke

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Not quite, Boyd came on after McCoist had aleady gone off. It still was their first and last games respectively though. 

https://www.11v11.com/matches/kilmarnock-v-celtic-20-may-2001-7274/

Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.  I was at the game and could have sworn McCoist came off minutes from the end when Killie were already winning. (My age addled brain may also have convinced me it was him that scored the goal!!).