Best way of getting a ticket for a non SSC - Cyprus v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best way of getting a ticket for a non SSC

WirralScot

18 hours ago, WirralScot said:

What's the best way of getting a ticket for the game if you're not a member of the SSC?

I'd like to sign up in the future, but all memberships expire 31st December, so I don't think it's worth the price at the mo. 

I will look into this. Cyprus has issued fan cards to all fans who want to attend matches to try and combat the hooliganism problem here. You have to register and be a resident of Cyprus to get one. I was asked for my fan card for the first time ever at an international match v San Marino a few months back. They did issue temporary paper fan cards on the night of the match but even for the small 6000 crowd the queue was a lengthy one. I will try and find out if you can register for a temporary one on just your UK passport.

3 hours ago, DavyP said:

I will look into this. Cyprus has issued fan cards to all fans who want to attend matches to try and combat the hooliganism problem here. You have to register and be a resident of Cyprus to get one. I was asked for my fan card for the first time ever at an international match v San Marino a few months back. They did issue temporary paper fan cards on the night of the match but even for the small 6000 crowd the queue was a lengthy one. I will try and find out if you can register for a temporary one on just your UK passport.

Did/do they have a hooligan problem at internationals Davy?

7 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Did/do they have a hooligan problem at internationals Davy?

No it is a very family friendly environment but unfortunately club football has tarnished all games. Most of the hooligan element don’t follow the national team.

Edited by DavyP

Ditto! Bringing the girlfriend and she wants to go to the game as well. 

Think she doesn't trust me........😇 

On 6/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, WirralScot said:

What's the best way of getting a ticket for the game if you're not a member of the SSC?

I'd like to sign up in the future, but all memberships expire 31st December, so I don't think it's worth the price at the mo. 

join the SSC at the current reduced rate.

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 5:32 AM, DavyP said:

Any update ?.

10 hours ago, jamkam said:

Any update ?.

I am meeting with bus company/Polis/Cyprus FA in a few weeks to discuss buses. I will ask about tickets. I was at APOEL game & CY v Kaz last week and they were issuing temporary fan cards valid for that match to anyone who had ID with them. There is an area in the main stand that they can segregate for visiting fans and I reckon any tickets would be for there. I reckon it seats 6-800.

13 hours ago, DavyP said:

I am meeting with bus company/Polis/Cyprus FA in a few weeks to discuss buses. I will ask about tickets. I was at APOEL game & CY v Kaz last week and they were issuing temporary fan cards valid for that match to anyone who had ID with them. There is an area in the main stand that they can segregate for visiting fans and I reckon any tickets would be for there. I reckon it seats 6-800.

Thanks for update, cheers.