Copa America 2019 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Copa America 2019

On 6/27/2019 at 2:47 PM, McTeeko said:

I actually fly out to Colombia on Friday night, by the time we land hopefully they’ve won! We’ll see both semi-finals over there but desperately hoping Colombia reach the Final as that weekend we’re heading along to Barranquilla to meet up with our World Cup pals from last year. It’ll be magic to watch Colombia in the Final with them! 👍🏼🇨🇴 

Just arrived in Bogotá to find out Colombia were beaten on penalties by Chile. Baws 😩🇨🇴

34 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Yeah a shame that. Enjoy your time there though despite Colombia's exit.

Aye, aw well. 

Hopefully Messi can go on to eventually lift something with Argentina now 👍🏼

Really poor result for Colombia, was there tournament to lose imo, been no one that impressive at all so far. If Uruguay make it through tonight then it's the big 4 in the semi's, shame the kick off times are so bad for UK viewers.

Everyone here seemed right up for a Colombia win too - the currency exchange people, the taxi drivers, the guy behind the desk at our hotel, ALL of them wearing the Colombia top! 

South America though huh, it’s fitba before family for most of them! 😆

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Aye, aw well. 

Hopefully Messi can go on to eventually lift something with Argentina now 👍🏼

They are progressing but look decidedly average. But you never know they may just get the job done. Uruguay for me still look the pick of the teams although their goalkeeper is poor and he could cost them.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Really poor result for Colombia, was there tournament to lose imo, been no one that impressive at all so far. If Uruguay make it through tonight then it's the big 4 in the semi's, shame the kick off times are so bad for UK viewers.

Chile actually played well though. Their veteran team looks to be over the scars of missing the world cup last summer. Tonight 2000 for Uruguay v Peru and 2100 next Sunday for the final is not bad for us over here but the 0130 wed/thurs morning kickoffs for the semis are a nightmare for anyone who has an early start at work on those days (as I do).

35 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Where are you Morrie?? It’s just after 2pm here in Bogotá - the family have crashed out jet lagged so I’m in a pub with a few Uruguayans watching their game 👍🏼

That sounds like a good scene over there. Enjoy. I'm just at home in Stirling watching on Premier Sports ha ha. Decent first half, Uruguay the better team but Peru looking to unlock them on the break.

9 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

That sounds like a good scene over there. Enjoy. I'm just at home in Stirling watching on Premier Sports ha ha. Decent first half, Uruguay the better team but Peru looking to unlock them on the break.

Ah right, sorry, for some reason I read your posts as if you were abroad!

Cavani’s miss though! 🙈

Cracking result for Peru in the other semi, pumping Chile 3-0. Hope they go on to win it now 👍🏼

The Chilean boy making an arse of the Panenka penalty was enjoyable!

Edited by McTeeko

10 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Cracking result for Peru in the other semi, pumping Chile 3-0. Hope they go on to win it now 👍🏼

The Chilean boy making an arse of the Panenka penalty was enjoyable!

Brazil v Chile final at Maracana on Sunday. Rematch of their group game which Brazil won 5-0 two Saturdays ago. Hope the final is a good competitive game.

6 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Brazil v Chile final at Maracana on Sunday. Rematch of their group game which Brazil won 5-0 two Saturdays ago. Hope the final is a good competitive game.

*Peru 😉

Well Brazil took it on home soil. Though the final was a pretty watchable game. On the whole though this Copa will be remembered for the poor standard of refereeing and the quite frankly baffling use of the VAR system at times.

45 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Well Brazil took it on home soil. Though the final was a pretty watchable game. On the whole though this Copa will be remembered for the poor standard of refereeing and the quite frankly baffling use of the VAR system at times.

This seems to be the theme this summer.  Any issues at the African cup or were they clever enough not to use??

3 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

This seems to be the theme this summer.  Any issues at the African cup or were they clever enough not to use??

Haven't watched much of it to be honest. I'm sure though I was watching an early group game and the commentator said they weren't using it until the knock out rounds.