Iran - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I’ve never understood why Saudi Arabia are given a free pass in the West, yet Iran are constantly pained as the bad guys. Well I do understand, but can’t think of the correct word to use. 

We haven’t had a good Middle East war for a while, so it’s probably due. Would pretty much seal a second term for Trump, and give Boris a chance to cosy up. We can focus on bad Muslims while Brexit is a fucking clusterfuck. 

Iran might green light everyone though.

Hezbollah pouring thousands of rockets into Israel. Hamas as well.

It's a dangerous game for a lot of innocent folk that have no say in what their leaders are doing.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

We haven’t had a good Middle East war for a while, so it’s probably due. Would pretty much seal a second term for Trump, and give Boris a chance to cosy up. We can focus on bad Muslims while Brexit is a fucking clusterfuck. 

Treat their wumin like shiite too. Very very bad people who are constantly infringing on US base territory's in the middle east, central asia and south asia

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

War with Iran has likely been in the works for awhile now. 

Aye they're the last country to be dealt with for wanting to do away with oil being traded in US dollars. They've got nuclear capability tho so a bit more messy this time.

4 hours ago, Lobey said:

Worth noting that the USS Maddox probably wasn't even attacked at all. Anymore than the Spanish sank The USS Maine - the yanks have a habit of this sort of crap and don't even have the ability to do it well.

Israel real fond of it as well, with USS Liberty and Lavon Affair.

No idea why the Japanese Tanker owner hates freedom so much.

" The owner of a Japanese tanker attacked on Thursday said U.S. reports have provided “false” information about what happened in the Gulf of Oman. "

Yutaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken fuel tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japanese-tanker-owner-trump-administration-195513013.html

Edited by phart

On 6/14/2019 at 10:42 AM, Och Aye said:

The captain of the USS Maddox, which was attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin kicking off the Vietnam war, apparently said - we were sent here to be attacked to start a war they really want to start.

Same old shit happening again with Iran.

Gulf of Trumpkin moment here for sure. Be interesting how Trump plays this... will tell you a lot about him.

Edited by thplinth

22 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Check out Jeremy Hunts response. What an utter cun........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

This from a guy who on a state visit to China in front of a Chinese dignitary told them his wife is Japanese too compounded by the fact his wife is actually Chinese. How a bloke worse at international, and matrimonial, diplomacy than Boris Johnson can still pass serious comment is beyond me.

17 hours ago, phart said:

No idea why the Japanese Tanker owner hates freedom so much.

" The owner of a Japanese tanker attacked on Thursday said U.S. reports have provided “false” information about what happened in the Gulf of Oman. "

Yutaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken fuel tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japanese-tanker-owner-trump-administration-195513013.html

If the tanker was leaving the area and was hit on the starboard side that would indicate a missile of some description from seaward. With all the warships in that area they would have detected a lauch of a missile and sure as shit if was an Iranian one it would be all over Fox etc.. 

If i remember the Yanks tried in vain to pin some of the blame on Iran after 9/11 so that they could "liberate" the Iranian population. 

This could get interesting if Russia decides to "help" the Iranians.. 

4 minutes ago, Lobey said:

The only video we have seen  appears to show an Iranian guards vessel removing a mine - not attaching one - bit odd all togetther.

US won't attack Iran, Iranians have some of the best air defences outside Russia.

No s 400 though cause the Russians wisely decided against sending them to try and not escalate by everyone sending their best weapons to the region.

I've been reading opinion pieces that Bolton is on his way out so hopefully that will simmer the pot down a bit.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:44 AM, kumnio said:

Is it wrong to hope that Iran absolutely annihilates America and indeed us if we decide to pal up to the yank wanks.

The greatest danger to the world is Washington, not Tehran.  

Yes its wrong

US are our allies

has the country gone so left : anti establishment that people can turn themselves inside out to support the other side

14 hours ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Yes its wrong

US are our allies

has the country gone so left : anti establishment that people can turn themselves inside out to support the other side

Should we support our allies without question? Support them at all costs? 

Even if they act inappropriately?