Cancer... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I have been meaning to circle back to the diabetes thread you started and nearly posted earlier without watching it to enquire if the cure was low carb diet. I am sure it is one route at least. It can reverse type II for sure and I have read amazing things even about type I. When you start to total up the health benefits you really start to question if carbs are the source of a huge amount of our health problems. Sugar for sure is poison IMHO. 

I’ll watch it later when I have time.

Low carb and / or intermittent / 24-72 hour fasting. It’s a fascinating watch, it sounds so simple and completely at odds with how we treat type 2 diabetes now. 

We are poisoning ourselves for sure. The attack on fat from sugar benefiting companies was genius really. 

14 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Here's a pic of a member of one of the healthiest tribes on the planet poisoning themself.

140414163516-hadza-tribe-tanzania-honeyc

I cannot encourage you enough to get that sugary stuff down your throat. I implore you to eat as much as you can. Seriously eat a shot load of it.

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Low carb and / or intermittent / 24-72 hour fasting. It’s a fascinating watch, it sounds so simple and completely at odds with how we treat type 2 diabetes now. 

We are poisoning ourselves for sure. The attack on fat from sugar benefiting companies was genius really. 

The sugar lobby is the oldest and the most ruthless, up there with the tobacco industry. Nixon said that I think.

just ignore him. Never offers anything, reminds me of Larky in fact that way.

We should all agree to just put them on ignore and we can go on having conversations without he negativity, it's not like we're actually being intellectually held to account or anything.

OK i've done it. up to everyone else.

Edited by phart

Anyway on the sugar issue. Here's the difference in the "poisoning" and why putting a picture of someone eating sugar in comparison with our diets is entirely facile.

Sugar isn’t poison, but it definitely isn’t good for you. One sugar in particular (glucose) lies at the core of virtually all of the metabolic reactions going on in your body because it is the primary molecule from which your body “knows” how to get energy. Most of what you eat that’s going to be consumed for energy gets converted into glucose before it gets metabolized.

Given its prominent role in metabolic energy pathways, your body cares a lot about how much glucose is present in both cells and the blood. It has multiple overlapping surveillance pathways that constantly monitor how much glucose is present, and mechanisms for altering its concentration if necessary. Your body has a finely tuned concentration of blood glucose (blood sugar) that it prefers, and it will go to great lengths to keep it there.

Most non-processed foods that we eat force the body and metabolism to “work” (in a sense) for its sugar. Complex carbohydrates have to be broken down into their constituent parts, fats have to be metabolized into sugars, and non-digestible fiber has to be slowly broken down to grant your digestive system access to molecules that will themselves be slowly converted into sugar. In other words, most foods lead to gradual increases in blood sugar because they slowly release sugars.

Foods containing added refined sugars, on the other hand, release those sugars all at once. Your body responds to this rapid increase in blood sugar by making and secreting insulin, which tells cells that there’s an excess of sugar in the blood and that any cells that can should start hoarding and warehousing sugar while it’s around. High levels of insulin essentially instruct your body to start using sugar to make fat. Chronic high levels of insulin will eventually cause your cells to start ignoring it, which causes your body to make and secrete even more insulin; this is the downward spiral that eventually leads to diabetes.

Readily available sugar strongly interferes with your body’s ability to regulate itself, which is why it’s so much more problematic than most other things you can eat. However, our palates love sugar, which is why industrial food producers add it to almost everything. Every time you eat something processed, you’re probably also unwittingly consuming added sugars that interfere with the delicate process of balancing your blood sugar. It’s not a problem if it’s occasional, but if you’re anything like the typical American, it’s way more than occasional!

Edited by phart

2 minutes ago, phart said:

We should all agree to just put them on ignore and we can go on having conversations without he negativity, it's not like we're actually being intellectually held to account or anything.

I agree. The only way to deal with trolling is to ignore it. 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Well now they no longer exist. I posted above a post Doc's , talking about sugar.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, phart said:

You were probably saying the same thing to folk saying use weed for epilepsy or Parkinson symptoms.

People don't realise Big Pharma is the main lobby group in most western countries.

From just today.

Former police officer Lisa Quarrell never imagined she would break the law - but this year she began smuggling a cannabis product into Scotland.

Lisa, from East Kilbride, travelled to the Netherlands to bring back a medical cannabis oil to give to her six-year-old son Cole, who has severe epilepsy.

Cole has had brain surgery and tried many anti-epileptic drugs, but nothing was helping his seizures.

Lisa has spent thousands of pounds to bring the drug back illegally.

She told BBC Disclosure: "I'd sell my house. I would. I can't let him get sicker. I need to get him better. There's nothing else for it."

But now her smuggling days could be behind her after Cole was prescribed cannabis oil legally by a private London hospital.

A bad day for Cole could mean up to 16 seizures, most of which would happen at night.

"Cole had never had a dream because he didn't get to sleep long enough or deep enough to ever have a dream." << imagine that ffs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48542984

Edited by phart

Thing is, we can all eat healthy, run, exercise, eat properly, but the scary part is the cancer that decides your fate. My mate that was diagnosed is 34 year old. Never smoked, pints after football, played golf, ate healthy, and then this. Just. You never know with this..

C'mon guys get your act together.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I have been meaning to circle back to the diabetes thread you started and nearly posted earlier without watching it to enquire if the cure was low carb diet. I am sure it is one route at least. It can reverse type II for sure and I have read amazing things even about type I. When you start to total up the health benefits you really start to question if carbs are the source of a huge amount of our health problems. Sugar for sure is poison IMHO. 

I’ll watch it later when I have time.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Anyway on the sugar issue. Here's the difference in the "poisoning" and why putting a picture of someone eating sugar in comparison with our diets is entirely facile.

Sugar isn’t poison, but it definitely isn’t good for you. One sugar in particular (glucose) lies at the core of virtually all of the metabolic reactions going on in your body because it is the primary molecule from which your body “knows” how to get energy. Most of what you eat that’s going to be consumed for energy gets converted into glucose before it gets metabolized.

Given its prominent role in metabolic energy pathways, your body cares a lot about how much glucose is present in both cells and the blood. It has multiple overlapping surveillance pathways that constantly monitor how much glucose is present, and mechanisms for altering its concentration if necessary. Your body has a finely tuned concentration of blood glucose (blood sugar) that it prefers, and it will go to great lengths to keep it there.

Most non-processed foods that we eat force the body and metabolism to “work” (in a sense) for its sugar. Complex carbohydrates have to be broken down into their constituent parts, fats have to be metabolized into sugars, and non-digestible fiber has to be slowly broken down to grant your digestive system access to molecules that will themselves be slowly converted into sugar. In other words, most foods lead to gradual increases in blood sugar because they slowly release sugars.

Foods containing added refined sugars, on the other hand, release those sugars all at once. Your body responds to this rapid increase in blood sugar by making and secreting insulin, which tells cells that there’s an excess of sugar in the blood and that any cells that can should start hoarding and warehousing sugar while it’s around. High levels of insulin essentially instruct your body to start using sugar to make fat. Chronic high levels of insulin will eventually cause your cells to start ignoring it, which causes your body to make and secrete even more insulin; this is the downward spiral that eventually leads to diabetes.

Readily available sugar strongly interferes with your body’s ability to regulate itself, which is why it’s so much more problematic than most other things you can eat. However, our palates love sugar, which is why industrial food producers add it to almost everything. Every time you eat something processed, you’re probably also unwittingly consuming added sugars that interfere with the delicate process of balancing your blood sugar. It’s not a problem if it’s occasional, but if you’re anything like the typical American, it’s way more than occasional!

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Thing is, we can all eat healthy, run, exercise, eat properly, but the scary part is the cancer that decides your fate. My mate that was diagnosed is 34 year old. Never smoked, pints after football, played golf, ate healthy, and then this. Just. You never know with this..

'Eating healthy' is what maybe gave them the cancer. Maybe eating healthy is not healthy at all?

Want to hear a mega crazy thing? Electricity causes cancer.

“There is no known mechanism by which magnetic fields of the type generated by high voltage power lines can play a role in cancer development. Nevertheless, epidemiologic research has rather consistently found associations between residential magnetic field exposure and cancer.”

So they don't know of any mechanism but the more electricity you live near the more folk seem to get cancer.

Edited by phart

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

'Eating healthy' is what maybe gave them the cancer. Maybe eating healthy is not healthy at all?

Who knows what is healthy these days. Eat vegetables,  fruit, I agree mate. But what is "safe" healthy?  Better off eating a deep fried Mars bar than a fucking salad sprayed with God knows what when it was harvested. I see your point..

50 minutes ago, phart said:

45 minutes ago, thplinth said:

.........set........match.

30 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Go low carb. You will be amazed how better you feel. It is not easy though...

You say that, it's not that simple in reality. Not everyone is the same, not everyone has the same reactions to food. I have ulcerative colitis. I can no longer handle many fruits and vegetables. And different people with my condition have all sorts of varying experiences with different foods. Sometimes when I'm flaring, for example, the unhealthiest food is all I can handle. It's a fucked up condition and it has fucked up my life.

Things ain't  black and white. And there are all sorts of variables.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Want to hear a mega crazy thing? Electricity causes cancer.

“There is no known mechanism by which magnetic fields of the type generated by high voltage power lines can play a role in cancer development. Nevertheless, epidemiologic research has rather consistently found associations between residential magnetic field exposure and cancer.”

So they don't know of any mechanism but the more electricity you live near the more folk seem to get cancer.

Being a sparky, this isn’t good news at all. 

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Exactly mate. My wife is very careful on what we eat now being a nutritionist. You are bang on. All the pesticides that are spared on foods, and all these artificial ingredients must be a concern as 20 years ago cancer was not near as bad as it is now..

Sorry but cancer has always been there. It's a horrible disease but there is more chance now of surviving. 

40 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Being a sparky, this isn’t good news at all. 

Don't worry i think it got disproven by newer studies, it's only when the radiation is much higher frequency it is harmful.

Cancer is malignant cells joining together

An average human body makes about 240 billion new cells in a day to replace about 70 billion that die

(Google is great)

If you live to 80 you wouldnt get very good odds on not getting some malignant cells in your lifetime

45 minutes ago, Alan said:

Sorry but cancer has always been there. It's a horrible disease but there is more chance now of surviving. 

Yes, as someone pointed out earlier. I am 51, so makes sense do to my age why I am hearing about it more..Never heard or bothered me as much when I was at a younger age..

Can things like mobile phones and microwaves etc have any part in the apparent increase? Everyone is constantly walking around with phones plastered to their ears, microwave ovens now cook things in minutes that used to take hours, I can't imagine all these waves have a positive effect on the body.