Jump to content
GaryWood34

UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open

Recommended Posts

FYI for those swithering on applying for tickets.

Uefa are selling 85% off all available tickets for UEFA 2020 in this phase of ticket sales regardless of stadium capacity, Hampden capacity listed with them as 52, 060.  The remaining 15% are being held back for sponsors + tickets for the retrospective football associations fans to apply for tickets when the teams and fixtures are announced after the qualification ends in November.

Of this15%. approx. 9% is took by sponsors and white collar affiliated members and 3% each will be given to each Football Association for game day matches. therefore 3% will be given to the SFA for the SSC members presuming we qualify. 3% is only 1562 tickets, so If you don't want to take a chance applying for tickets the now through the UEFA 2020 site and you would rather wait to see if we qualify then currently you will have to have 11 points or more to have a chance of getting a ticket, no one below 11 points currently will have a chance to get a ticket through the SSC points system. Obviously the number of people on the points system will change with some away games coming off and others being added but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

...but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

Fugsake 😳

I might scrape in, but 1562 tickets for regular supporters is miserable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1562 tickets would be worst case scenario as the other country(s) we would face may not take their full allocation which would be passed to us, the sponsors may not take there full allocation and they can pick and choose them for more prestigious games or the 85% being sold right now do not sell out and we would have a 2nd window of opportunity to buy direct from UEFA after November when we find out if we have qualified. Going by my  experience this is likely but they will most likely be Cat 1 tickets so minimum £165 up to £285. the Cat 3 tickets almost always sell as ticketing site robots but these up for reselling purposes, hospitality is minimum  780£(euro)

The only saving grace for members on less than 10 points, say from 8-9 upwards is if the England game goes ahead at Wembley it almost doubles our allocation due the increased capacity. so it does bring almost double available tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

FYI for those swithering on applying for tickets.

Uefa are selling 85% off all available tickets for UEFA 2020 in this phase of ticket sales regardless of stadium capacity, Hampden capacity listed with them as 52, 060.  The remaining 15% are being held back for sponsors + tickets for the retrospective football associations fans to apply for tickets when the teams and fixtures are announced after the qualification ends in November.

Of this15%. approx. 9% is took by sponsors and white collar affiliated members and 3% each will be given to each Football Association for game day matches. therefore 3% will be given to the SFA for the SSC members presuming we qualify. 3% is only 1562 tickets, so If you don't want to take a chance applying for tickets the now through the UEFA 2020 site and you would rather wait to see if we qualify then currently you will have to have 11 points or more to have a chance of getting a ticket, no one below 11 points currently will have a chance to get a ticket through the SSC points system. Obviously the number of people on the points system will change with some away games coming off and others being added but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

Are you sure this is correct as the UEFA brochure shows following as allocations

Quotas                                                                            2016  2020
General public                                                                 42%  50% (1.5m tickets)
Participating National Associations (PNAs)             32%  32%*
Commercial partners (sponsors and broadcasters) 13% 9%*
Official Hospitality                                                             6%  4%*
UEFA football family and corporate social resp.          4% 1%*
Host country/countries and host cities                         2% 3%*
VIP guests                                                                           1% 1%*
Comparison of ticket allocations for EURO 2016 and EURO 2020

I read this as being 32% for the teams competing in a game which is 16% each and SFA will also get 3% as being the host country irrespective of who plays at Hampden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, Mushet84 said:

FYI for those swithering on applying for tickets.

Uefa are selling 85% off all available tickets for UEFA 2020 in this phase of ticket sales regardless of stadium capacity, Hampden capacity listed with them as 52, 060.  The remaining 15% are being held back for sponsors + tickets for the retrospective football associations fans to apply for tickets when the teams and fixtures are announced after the qualification ends in November.

Of this15%. approx. 9% is took by sponsors and white collar affiliated members and 3% each will be given to each Football Association for game day matches. therefore 3% will be given to the SFA for the SSC members presuming we qualify. 3% is only 1562 tickets, so If you don't want to take a chance applying for tickets the now through the UEFA 2020 site and you would rather wait to see if we qualify then currently you will have to have 11 points or more to have a chance of getting a ticket, no one below 11 points currently will have a chance to get a ticket through the SSC points system. Obviously the number of people on the points system will change with some away games coming off and others being added but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

What’s your source for this?

Everything I’ve read about it states the minimum number of tickets available for associations will be at least 17% (depending on the stadium). The 17% figure is for St Petersburg so all other grounds should be a bit higher.

This would mean the SFA should have at least 4,500 tickets at least to sell to SSC members which would mean anyone with around 7 points should get a ticket. 

The actual figure might be somewhere between my estimate and yours but I can’t see it being as low as what you have suggested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

What’s your source for this?

Everything I’ve read about it states the minimum number of tickets available for associations will be at least 17% (depending on the stadium). The 17% figure is for St Petersburg so all other grounds should be a bit higher.

This would mean the SFA should have at least 4,500 tickets at least to sell to SSC members which would mean anyone with around 7 points should get a ticket. 

The actual figure might be somewhere between my estimate and yours but I can’t see it being as low as what you have suggested. 

Unless I have read things wrong have England not already designated an area for their supporters club members?

Just noticed it is only for semis and final.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody applied for finals tickets like this before? I was thinking of 2 Hampden group games and 2 for the final.

In the unlikely event that we don’t make it to the final, how easy is it to punt the tickets?

NB - I wouldn’t be making a profit. On the Hampden games anyway! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Has anybody applied for finals tickets like this before? I was thinking of 2 Hampden group games and 2 for the final.

In the unlikely event that we don’t make it to the final, how easy is it to punt the tickets?

NB - I wouldn’t be making a profit. On the Hampden games anyway! 😊

I sold 2x Iceland v Hungary Euro 2016 tickets in Marseille 5 mins in to the official re-sale period. Was amazed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Has anybody applied for finals tickets like this before? I was thinking of 2 Hampden group games and 2 for the final.

In the unlikely event that we don’t make it to the final, how easy is it to punt the tickets?

NB - I wouldn’t be making a profit. On the Hampden games anyway! 😊

Doesn't look like you pay for the tickets now...

Imagine there will be some kind of reseller option ?
But only after draw made and you have paid for them.
Anyone else know / read small print ?

UEFA taking piss with ticket prices

 

Edited by Haggis_trap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...