UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open

GaryWood34

FYI for those swithering on applying for tickets.

Uefa are selling 85% off all available tickets for UEFA 2020 in this phase of ticket sales regardless of stadium capacity, Hampden capacity listed with them as 52, 060.  The remaining 15% are being held back for sponsors + tickets for the retrospective football associations fans to apply for tickets when the teams and fixtures are announced after the qualification ends in November.

Of this15%. approx. 9% is took by sponsors and white collar affiliated members and 3% each will be given to each Football Association for game day matches. therefore 3% will be given to the SFA for the SSC members presuming we qualify. 3% is only 1562 tickets, so If you don't want to take a chance applying for tickets the now through the UEFA 2020 site and you would rather wait to see if we qualify then currently you will have to have 11 points or more to have a chance of getting a ticket, no one below 11 points currently will have a chance to get a ticket through the SSC points system. Obviously the number of people on the points system will change with some away games coming off and others being added but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

26 minutes ago, Mushet84 said:

...but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

Fugsake 😳

I might scrape in, but 1562 tickets for regular supporters is miserable.

The 1562 tickets would be worst case scenario as the other country(s) we would face may not take their full allocation which would be passed to us, the sponsors may not take there full allocation and they can pick and choose them for more prestigious games or the 85% being sold right now do not sell out and we would have a 2nd window of opportunity to buy direct from UEFA after November when we find out if we have qualified. Going by my  experience this is likely but they will most likely be Cat 1 tickets so minimum £165 up to £285. the Cat 3 tickets almost always sell as ticketing site robots but these up for reselling purposes, hospitality is minimum  780£(euro)

The only saving grace for members on less than 10 points, say from 8-9 upwards is if the England game goes ahead at Wembley it almost doubles our allocation due the increased capacity. so it does bring almost double available tickets.

4 hours ago, Mushet84 said:

Uefa are selling 85% off all available tickets for UEFA 2020 in this phase of ticket sales regardless of stadium capacity, Hampden capacity listed with them as 52, 060.  The remaining 15% are being held back for sponsors + tickets for the retrospective football associations fans to apply for tickets when the teams and fixtures are announced after the qualification ends in November.

Of this15%. approx. 9% is took by sponsors and white collar affiliated members and 3% each will be given to each Football Association for game day matches. therefore 3% will be given to the SFA for the SSC members presuming we qualify. 3% is only 1562 tickets, so If you don't want to take a chance applying for tickets the now through the UEFA 2020 site and you would rather wait to see if we qualify then currently you will have to have 11 points or more to have a chance of getting a ticket, no one below 11 points currently will have a chance to get a ticket through the SSC points system. Obviously the number of people on the points system will change with some away games coming off and others being added but id say you will have to be on minimum 11-12 points to be in with a chance to get tickets if we do qualify.........

Are you sure this is correct as the UEFA brochure shows following as allocations

Quotas                                                                            2016  2020
General public                                                                 42%  50% (1.5m tickets)
Participating National Associations (PNAs)             32%  32%*
Commercial partners (sponsors and broadcasters) 13% 9%*
Official Hospitality                                                             6%  4%*
UEFA football family and corporate social resp.          4% 1%*
Host country/countries and host cities                         2% 3%*
VIP guests                                                                           1% 1%*
Comparison of ticket allocations for EURO 2016 and EURO 2020

I read this as being 32% for the teams competing in a game which is 16% each and SFA will also get 3% as being the host country irrespective of who plays at Hampden

On 7/1/2019 at 9:34 AM, Mushet84 said:

What’s your source for this?

Everything I’ve read about it states the minimum number of tickets available for associations will be at least 17% (depending on the stadium). The 17% figure is for St Petersburg so all other grounds should be a bit higher.

This would mean the SFA should have at least 4,500 tickets at least to sell to SSC members which would mean anyone with around 7 points should get a ticket. 

The actual figure might be somewhere between my estimate and yours but I can’t see it being as low as what you have suggested. 

11 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

What’s your source for this?

Everything I’ve read about it states the minimum number of tickets available for associations will be at least 17% (depending on the stadium). The 17% figure is for St Petersburg so all other grounds should be a bit higher.

This would mean the SFA should have at least 4,500 tickets at least to sell to SSC members which would mean anyone with around 7 points should get a ticket. 

The actual figure might be somewhere between my estimate and yours but I can’t see it being as low as what you have suggested. 

Unless I have read things wrong have England not already designated an area for their supporters club members?

Just noticed it is only for semis and final.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Has anybody applied for finals tickets like this before? I was thinking of 2 Hampden group games and 2 for the final.

In the unlikely event that we don’t make it to the final, how easy is it to punt the tickets?

NB - I wouldn’t be making a profit. On the Hampden games anyway! 😊

I sold 2x Iceland v Hungary Euro 2016 tickets in Marseille 5 mins in to the official re-sale period. Was amazed. 

On 7/10/2019 at 8:45 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Has anybody applied for finals tickets like this before? I was thinking of 2 Hampden group games and 2 for the final.

In the unlikely event that we don’t make it to the final, how easy is it to punt the tickets?

NB - I wouldn’t be making a profit. On the Hampden games anyway! 😊

Doesn't look like you pay for the tickets now...

Imagine there will be some kind of reseller option ?
But only after draw made and you have paid for them.
Anyone else know / read small print ?

UEFA taking piss with ticket prices

Edited by Haggis_trap

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but hopefully someone will be able to help. Should we qualify, when do we find out where our games are? There is a demand for holidays in June in my work and if I can avoid blocking out 2 weeks I will. I haven't had time to scroll through various threads, apologies if this has already been discussed.   

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question but hopefully someone will be able to help. Should we qualify, when do we find out where our games are? There is a demand for holidays in June in my work and if I can avoid blocking out 2 weeks I will. I haven't had time to scroll through various threads, apologies if this has already been discussed.   

IF we qualify we will have two games at Hampden. The England game has to be at either Hampden or Wembley, so that will be Wembley.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

IF we qualify we will have two games at Hampden. The England game has to be at either Hampden or Wembley, so that will be Wembley.

Ok. So if we qualify , Wembley is our only away game in the group stages? We would only travel further afield if by some miracle  we got out the group ? 

31 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Wembley is as far as we will travel for the group stage, yes. 

Thanks,  its ridiculous I didnt know this  I haven't been paying proper attention. 

In that case I dont need to worry about holidays, I could probably just take a 1/2 day. How boring, travelling to the Euro finals with my Scotrail card on the Johnstone train. 🙄

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Thanks,  its ridiculous I didnt know this  I haven't been paying proper attention. 

In that case I dont need to worry about holidays, I could probably just take a 1/2 day. How boring, travelling to the Euro finals with my Scotrail card on the Johnstone train. 🙄

43 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Get a cab then..... mix it up a bit doll 😉

And pick me up at Milliken Park while you're at it :)

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Get a cab then..... mix it up a bit doll 😉

🙂 Aye, I will pack a bottle of fever tree  Mediterranean  and ask the driver to turn the heater up. Will seem just like France. 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

And pick me up at Milliken Park while you're at it :)

You can bring the Bombay Sapphire. 

My application was partially successful:

Match 31,Tuesday 23 June 2020, Glasgow,Group Dvs.Group D

As long as it doesn't end up being the group game while we're at Wembley (and we qualify of course!) I'm happy enough with that, less of a hit financially only getting one ticket too :)

Edited by in5omniac
Took the silly midnight KO time off

Applied for four Hampden and one Wembley; got the second group game at Hampden.  Bit disappointed I suppose but better than nothing.

You'd think there will be a fair amount of tickets to be re-released.  Mind you, I thought that in France and I got one game and about 19 failed applications...

Match 14,  Wednesday 17 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*),  Rome,    Group A  vs.  Group A

Midnight?   Spread my applications about a bit... just the one ticket for 50 euro.   

I was partially successful - 

• Match 19, Friday 19 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*), Glasgow, Group D vs. Group D
  • Match 31, Tuesday 23 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*), Glasgow, Group D vs. Group D
  • Match 43, Tuesday 30 June 2020, 00:00 (local time*), Glasgow, 1stE vs. 3rdA/B/C/D

Total: 300.00 EUR

I missed out on the final.

55 minutes ago, in5omniac said:

My application was partially successful:

Match 31,Tuesday 23 June 2020, Glasgow,Group Dvs.Group D

As long as it doesn't end up being the group game while we're at Wembley (and we qualify of course!) I'm happy enough with that, less of a hit financially only getting one ticket too :)

I got two tickets for that too.