UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open

GaryWood34

You can now apply for tickets for euro2020 on UEFA.com

I have a question - if you get all selections (unlikely I'm sure) are you obliged to pay for them all or can you release some and keep others?

Is it all of your selections or nothing?

Dont think I can afford £3000 haha.

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

You need to pay for whatever you were successful for, or get none of them.

I applied for the 3 group games at Hampden for me and my son. Category c though. Not made of money unfortunately 

Bugger. Oh well. I better edit it haha

2 minutes ago, cranna said:

Whats the deal here if we do qualify?  Do we get tickets for the Home and Away team anyway?  So that SFA will get a small % of hampden in any case?

SSC will get their usual 5-10% (not sure exact figure) which will be distributed through the normal routes (so about 3-5k for games at Hampden)

Thing is, these will not be any cheaper.

Prices are extortionate....especially as Hampden is such a poor venue from behind the goals. And these were the only ticket prices in my budget.

But I guess UEFA have experience selling at these prices and know the will sell out. Even when no-one knows who the actual games are at this stage.

Market forces etc........we could argue that they price accordingly for the everyday football fan. But they could end up with a UEFA final scenario.

With fans of 2 teams unable or unwilling to travel to one of the venues and end up with an empty stadium.

Could be worse. the final could be Hampden for £295. At least Wembley is more suited to football and is a better overall experience.

I heard of someone that applied for tickets for every game at all venues. He's going to be bankrupt if successful on them all.

Just been on cheapest 50 euros a ticket.

.  no child discount as far as i can see.,

4 games scheduled at Hampden. 

anyone got any idea who might be playing? 

best guess....

1 hour ago, The Golden Vision said:

I heard of someone that applied for tickets for every game at all venues. He's going to be bankrupt if successful on them all.

That can't be true. The website won't let you apply for tickets for more than one game on any given day so it may be that they have applied for tickets for every single day that the tournament is on, but not every game.

50 minutes ago, stocky said:

best guess....

Well Hampden is paired  with Wembley so assuming that England qualify, they would be in the group. The other two teams will be made up of countries excluding other hosts so the likes of Italy, Germany, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Russia, Romania, Hungary and Denmark won't be in our group.

Toss of a coin who the other teams would be.

49 minutes ago, stocky said:

best guess....

Borderline impossible to guess accurately just now.

The last 16 game at Hampden will involve the winner of group E, which could be Spain. The other team would be one of the 3rd placed teams from A, B, C or D.

Things would be easier to work out roughly if D2= 2nd seed, D3=3rd seed etc. but looking at Euro 2016 on wiki, it doesn't seem like that was/will be the case. Only the 1st seeds were A1, B1, C1 etc...

France and Portugal could be the non-host 2nd seeds to avoid. England are already there, hopefully they take the 1 seed.

If we qualify we'llget an allocation as a competing nation. I'd expect this to maybe be around 20 to 25% and our opponents will have a similar allocation available.

This means no guarantee of a ticket for SSC members as we are technically not at home and there won't be an allocation big enough.

Some tickets will be available for fans in the stadium's country - Scotland in our case. The remainder will be via sponsors and gravy train riders. I can't wait to see them try and shift £165 tickets for a Scotland match!

My understanding was that tickets via the UEFA website could be cancelled once fixtures are announced. We'd need to check the tournament rules to confirm.

11 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

If we qualify we'llget an allocation as a competing nation. I'd expect this to maybe be around 20 to 25% and our opponents will have a similar allocation available.

This means no guarantee of a ticket for SSC members as we are technically not at home and there won't be an allocation big enough.

Some tickets will be available for fans in the stadium's country - Scotland in our case. The remainder will be via sponsors and gravy train riders. I can't wait to see them try and shift £165 tickets for a Scotland match!

My understanding was that tickets via the UEFA website could be cancelled once fixtures are announced. We'd need to check the tournament rules to confirm.

If Scotland qualify those £165 tickets will go in seconds.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Be a double blow if we don’t qualify and you end up with £2000 worth of tickets for games between Finland, Bulgaria and Latvia.

:lol:

Fucking loads of them at Braehead stealing dugs and weans according to a lassie on Facebook, shouldn't be too hard to shift those tickets 

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Surely it will go down to loyalty points though

I'd fully expect that as that's the purpose of the loyalty points. What I meant is that not every SSC member will get a ticket. There will be folk who think they're guaranteed a ticket for Hampden that don't realise our allocation is much less than a home match.

5 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Be a double blow if we don’t qualify and you end up with £2000 worth of tickets for games between Finland, Bulgaria and Latvia.

:lol:

That's my worry. 

Seems such a backward way of doing things. Buying tickets for a match in which you don't know who is playing. Must be an easier way. Simply has to be.

Gonna be some judgement call when I get offered these tickets and have to decide whether to purchase. Could be £900 down the pan.