UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA Euro 2020 ticket portal - Open

GaryWood34

I’m maybe massively misjudging people, but i don’t know anyone from Glasgow who would pay nearly £200 for a group match at Hampden without Scotland in it. I’d be struggling to justify it if we were. :lol:

It would almost be easier to justify for a game abroad, in a “what’s another £150” kind of way.

I’ll apply for a £50 ticket for the 4 games at Hampden though.

On 6/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, tartanmartin said:

I'd fully expect that as that's the purpose of the loyalty points. What I meant is that not every SSC member will get a ticket. There will be folk who think they're guaranteed a ticket for Hampden that don't realise our allocation is much less than a home match.

Nobody should think they’re guaranteed a ticket for a home game at Hampden because we aren’t guaranteed tickets for home games at Hampden.

3 hours ago, RightPeg said:

Anyone else complete the stupid wee game captcha for it to say "continue to your action" but there's nothing else there? If I hit the "Submit" button it refreshes the game and I'm stuck in a loop. 

Any help appreciated. 

Yeah, I got stuck on that too. Looks to be fixed now though! 

I think I'm gonna apply for tickets to one of the Hampden matches. Has anyone smart figured out any way of telling if one of them will be more exciting than the others? 

I guess in theory the last 16 will be the best match if the 4, hieeoi like the idea of Friday 19th match. Getting the weekend started in style! 

13 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I think I'm gonna apply for tickets to one of the Hampden matches. Has anyone smart figured out any way of telling if one of them will be more exciting than the others? 

I guess in theory the last 16 will be the best match if the 4, hieeoi like the idea of Friday 19th match. Getting the weekend started in style! 

There's the chance that even if we qualify, one of the group ones won't feature us if the England - Scotland game was at Wembley.  As far as I know there's no way of knowing that, or any of the potential fixture details at the moment though.

14 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Is that your Finnish friend?

In the unlikely event that Scotland qualify, we will play at least two of our games at Hampden. The England v Scotland game will probably be at Wembley. That isn't official yet but we all know that that will happen. Which means the other group game at Hampden will be between the other two teams in the group. In the even more unlikely event that we make the last 16 there is no guarantee that we will play at Hampden. So, that game could be between any of the other teams. 

So, the short answer is, no, we don't know who will be playing when, yet.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

In the unlikely event that Scotland qualify, we will play at least two of our games at Hampden. The England v Scotland game will probably be at Wembley. That isn't official yet but we all know that that will happen. Which means the other group game at Hampden will be between the other two teams in the group. In the even more unlikely event that we make the last 16 there is no guarantee that we will play at Hampden. So, that game could be between any of the other teams. 

Haha I have no idea where that word came from or what it means! 

Thanks both for your answers. I like that you're convinced we'll draw England if we make it through!

I was more wondering if there was a clever way to work out the chances of the games being bigger matches or not. Knowing that the usual format for tournaments is the first matches in a group are seed 1 v seed 4 and seed 2 v seed 3 I think? Time to get a spreadsheet out... 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

They'll flip a coin for the England v Scotland match to see which venue is selected.

16 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Haha I have no idea where that word came from or what it means! 

Thanks both for your answers. I like that you're convinced we'll draw England if we make it through!

I was more wondering if there was a clever way to work out the chances of the games being bigger matches or not. Knowing that the usual format for tournaments is the first matches in a group are seed 1 v seed 4 and seed 2 v seed 3 I think? Time to get a spreadsheet out... 

We are guaranteed England in our group if we both qualify. It's been confirmed. 

I was actually quite looking forward to Euro 2020 having games in Scotland. However those prices have killed any excitement stone dead. For one I wouldn't be paying €50 to watch a game between two random countries that I have no affiliation to. And secondly there is now way I am paying €125 or €175 to watch Scotland games. I wouldn't pay €175 to watch Scotland playing in the World Cup final at Hampden, v San Marino, and starting 3-0 up from the first leg! So no chance that I am paying that for group games at the Euro's. 

I believe there is a second ballot later in the year where you can apply for tickets for your actual country instead of blind booking games where you have no real idea who is going to be playing? I will take my chances with that, if we qualify, and SSC, over spunking money on games where I couldn't give a hoot who wins.

On 6/18/2019 at 11:41 AM, mrniaboc said:

So, if we do qualify then isn't it most likely our first match will be against England? Since it's normally 1st seed v 4th seed in the first match? Or do I have that wrong? 

I thought that too but I don't think that's the case any more. Looking at Euro 2016 on wiki, the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seeds group numbers for the fixtures are randomised. So 3rd seed could be D4, 4th seed could be D2 etc.

They could put all the hosts at home in their 1st game of the tournament too (and have two hosts in the same group play each other on the second matchday for balance).

Assuming we get there, as a wild guess I'd say the game against England would be on 19th June.

On 6/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, DaveyDenoon said:

Nobody should think they’re guaranteed a ticket for a home game at Hampden because we aren’t guaranteed tickets for home games at Hampden.

If we qualify and they don't use they don't use the SSC loyalty points system then I'll never join it ever again

6 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

If we qualify and they don't use they don't use the SSC loyalty points system then I'll never join it ever again

They’ll definitely use the points system but the question is how many tickets will be left after the public sale and usual corporate bollocks?

If you are a member of the SSC and are sitting on 0-5 points next April then you are unlikely to get a ticket for the finals matches at Hampden should Scotland qualify. If you have 10-24 points then you should be ok. 

I ended up going for the 3 Glasgow group games and 1st London group game just in case that ends up being us v England (the other two London dates clash with Glasgow).

All we need to do is qualify now if I get the tickets...

2 hours ago, in5omniac said:

I ended up going for the 3 Glasgow group games and 1st London group game just in case that ends up being us v England (the other two London dates clash with Glasgow).

All we need to do is qualify now if I get the tickets...

We could end up playing England at Wembley the same day that the other two teams in our group are playing at Hampden.

56 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We could end up playing England at Wembley the same day that the other two teams in our group are playing at Hampden.

Yep, but that was the only round of games where you could pick the Wembley and Hampden one due to the clash.  1 in 3 chance it'll be that one IF we're at Wembley for that tie.  Of course there's the chance I'd have to try getting a Wembley ticket and stuck with a Hampden one for a game featuring the Playoff D winner that no bugger would want to buy.

Would expect Category 3 seats to be full for 3 group matches if we qualify and categories 1 and 2 against  England if we play them  at home which I think UEFA would prefer since it`ll be easier to sell out Wembley for other match with so many fans  of other countries living in London.  Poland , Wales and Northern Ireland are not hosts and would probably sell a good number of tickets. Last 16 match at Hampden  is  winner of group E  which could be Spain against 3rd of A,B,C or D which could be us . Winner of that match will play QF in Rome  4 days later so not much time for fans to make plans .

10 hours ago, ironbrew said:

Would expect Category 3 seats to be full for 3 group matches if we qualify and categories 1 and 2 against  England if we play them  at home which I think UEFA would prefer since it`ll be easier to sell out Wembley for other match with so many fans  of other countries living in London.  Poland , Wales and Northern Ireland are not hosts and would probably sell a good number of tickets. Last 16 match at Hampden  is  winner of group E  which could be Spain against 3rd of A,B,C or D which could be us . Winner of that match will play QF in Rome  4 days later so not much time for fans to make plans .

I've booked my flights and hotel just in case.