Kilmarnock get safe standing - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilmarnock get safe standing

Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to become the first provincial club in Scotland to install safe standing areas within Rugby Park.

Working with Trust in Killie, the club has identified an area of the East Stand and one section of the Moffat Stand to introduce rail seats, which can be flipped up or even locked in place to create a standing area.

Celtic were the first club in Scotland to install a safe standing section in 2016 with the aim of improving the matchday atmosphere and we hope to achieve the same at our stadium.

Director Cathy Jamieson said: “We have been looking at the option to install safe standing areas for the past few months and after much research, we are delighted to announce that we have agreed on an installation schedule and will be able to offer this very soon. 

“Our supporters have been paramount to the process and as the first provincial Club in Scotland that will be able to offer this to fans, we really look forward to seeing the project to completion.

“Funded by Trust in Killie, a supporter lead organisation, we expect demand for this new area in the East Stand to be high and look forward to improving the matchday experience for our fans in the grounds where comradery will further enhance the matchday atmosphere.

“I would like to thank existing Season Ticket holders in this area, some of which have held their seats for a number of years, as they have very kindly agreed to move from the areas affected. 

“We have been working hard to ensure they are satisfied with the service they received from our team to make sure they got the best alternative arrangements. Supporters in this area and Trust in Killie members will get first refusal in the new safe standing areas, but we are sure that there will be enough to appeal supporter demands.”

15 hours ago, jailender said:

As far as I know, it's for under 16s only

Incorrect.

There are two sections, one in the family stand (where U16s and adults are allowed in) and another in the East Stand that will be over 16 only.

They wanted the kids included too and all family season tickets are in the Moffat, so they are having sections in both Moffat and East Stand.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

16 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

great news. can only add to the atmosphere at games and hopefully another incentive to attend. roll it out across the top flight - including Hampden (at least to stop the usual "someone was standing up in front of me again" posts (although I believe UEFA wouldn't sanction this). 

Someone WAS standing up in front of me again on Saturday night : )   

He and his mate spent more time trying to get everyone else around them to stand, join in his singing than watch the game. It was mostly families and young football teams around us so no-one was interested.

In fact its not an exaggeration to say he spent more time looking back up the stand to see if anyone was going to join him and see what the atmosphere was like than actually facing the pitch.

Having said that its the first time I was able to buy tickets on the edge of the North Stand for me and my 11 yo boy. So I was well aware it would have been my own fault. A bigger game and everyone would have been standing and he would have seen nothing. 

I am all for standing sections and think its a great initiative to have a specific standing kids section as well. 

For me, The moaning about standing at Scotland games is symptomatic of the un-suitableness of Hampden for football matches. Even for a family section the East Stand is horrendous. For views of the pitch and atmosphere.

39 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Brilliant stuff. What a transformation in a club. Really impressive things happening there. Any news on the gaffer front? Not be long until Europe starts.

Gaffer should be announced by tomorrow all going smoothly is what I've been told.

Expect a name that's not been wildly linked with us.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Brilliant stuff. What a transformation in a club. Really impressive things happening there. Any news on the gaffer front? Not be long until Europe starts.

ffs Macy what’s  got into you you seem a rather nice and positive chap the day your normally a very negative chap if you don’t mind me saying 

7 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

I see moyes is 5/2  what do you think humper  ?

I took him on Tuesday on 80/1 but I can't see that at all.

I was told it's a fairly big name/coup but I think that would b e pushing it!  Price was too big to ignore though.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

it's not him anyway.

If the story is right, from what I've been told, the guy getting the job hasn't even been quoted!