Crocker - Sky - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crocker - Sky

GaryWood34

50 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I agree. There are points in the match when Provan is there, when it goes quiet and you can almost feel Crocker is willing him to make an input into the game, and it doesn't come, so the repeated facts start, to fill in the time. McCoist is a fan, so it's natural for him to talk freely about the game

The fact McCoist is a motormouth also helps with that. 😂

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I flicked on Georgia vs Sweden and he seemed genuinely more excited when Georgia scored than any time I can remember with us and was waxing lyrical about how they were playing - If it had been Scotland he'd have spent 90 minutes telling us how shite Sweden were and how many players they had out.

Hope Crocker and McCoist are long term because they seem to bounce off each other - even when Crocker comes out with a negative stat it's more tongue in cheek now whereas Provan would have just depressed everything further.  

Kris Boyd was the co-commentator on Sky for that game. Provan did the Croatia-Russia match on Sunday.

Mcmoist was good. No probs with him at all. Like him. Crocker in comparison was squealing like a stabbed pig every time Denmark came close but failed. 

Why the fuck do we have pricks like this commenting on our national team? How many nations on earth put up with this shit. As for Provan… not missed for one second by anyone. Miserable cunt.

Ally is a fan and you can tell. The others you can also tell…

16 hours ago, todd said:

Speaking of Sky, is anyone else a bit peeved that the Scotland games haven't been available in UHD?  Even the Wales games are.  A real first world problem, I know but there you go!

At the risk of sounding like my dad when HD came out I genuinely can’t tell the difference between HD and UHD. Must be my old eyes. 

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

At the risk of sounding like my dad when HD came out I genuinely can’t tell the difference between HD and UHD. Must be my old eyes. 

😄 Its not a huge difference I must say, probably the biggest difference I've noticed is the frame rate (that's what my son says its called) whereby you don't get that motion lag, where the ball sometimes looks like it's got little wings like that golden ball thingy off of Harry Potter 

22 hours ago, morrie21 said:

Kris Boyd was the co-commentator on Sky for that game. Provan did the Croatia-Russia match on Sunday.

Cheers for that - was scrabbling about in my memory as remembered it was an early game (I think) so had convinced myself it was the Sweden game.  He wasn't excited either but even though the Russian guy scored a comedy own goal to cement Croatia's position he still sounded proper bored of it all.

Apart from that though I absolutely nailed it! 🤣  

56 minutes ago, todd said:

😄 Its not a huge difference I must say, probably the biggest difference I've noticed is the frame rate (that's what my son says its called) whereby you don't get that motion lag, where the ball sometimes looks like it's got little wings like that golden ball thingy off of Harry Potter 

FFS, I've never seen anything like that. You sure you haven't been on the mushrooms? 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I've never even heard of UHD. 🤣

Just another gimmick to try to sell stuff to you.

😂😂😂 I’m not quite that bad but I have read that the human eye is only capable of seeing a picture to a certain definition and we are pretty much at that point now. 

Like you say, it won’t stop the technology companies trying to sell us something we don’t need. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

FFS, I've never seen anything like that. You sure you haven't been on the mushrooms? 

😂 I see it whether I'm on the 'shrooms or not!  You'll be looking out for it now in the next game you watch 😁 Unless you're watching in uhd in which case you won't 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

😂😂😂 I’m not quite that bad but I have read that the human eye is only capable of seeing a picture to a certain definition and we are pretty much at that point now. 

Like you say, it won’t stop the technology companies trying to sell us something we don’t need. 

There must be someone else on here that has watched football in uhd to confirm that it is better than hd? Come on, someone back me up please. Although I do have my suspicions that Sky have just been sneakily degrading normal hd to make uhd look better, I'm sure that's what they did with standard definition to get us all to swap to hd🤔

3 minutes ago, todd said:

There must be someone else on here that has watched football in uhd to confirm that it is better than hd? Come on, someone back me up please. Although I do have my suspicions that Sky have just been sneakily degrading normal hd to make uhd look better, I'm sure that's what they did with standard definition to get us all to swap to hd🤔

The colours are a bit more vivid I think but apart from that I don’t think it’s significantly better. Likely depends on your telly as well I suppose. 

I mean how much sharper can a picture get? 

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The colours are a bit more vivid I think but apart from that I don’t think it’s significantly better. Likely depends on your telly as well I suppose. 

You're right the quality of the tv definitely makes a difference, with my Panasonic in the lounge the difference is quite apparent but not so much on my sons tv in his room.  I even notice a marked improvement in picture quality on Netflix compared with Sky hd.  Perhaps my vision is just overly sensitive🤔

45 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Your last sentence really does make you sound like your dad! 😂

5 hours ago, todd said:

Any decent telly won't have the wee "Wing things" even at normal HD, this smacks of a 55" £249 polaroid bad boy,, Admit it man,, c'mon

25 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Any decent telly won't have the wee "Wing things" even at normal HD, this smacks of a 55" £249 polaroid bad boy,, Admit it man,, c'mon

😂😂 No can do mate, it's a 42" Panasonic Oled so I can't even blame that, perhaps it is just the mushrooms!

16 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Cheers for that - was scrabbling about in my memory as remembered it was an early game (I think) so had convinced myself it was the Sweden game.  He wasn't excited either but even though the Russian guy scored a comedy own goal to cement Croatia's position he still sounded proper bored of it all.

Apart from that though I absolutely nailed it! 🤣  

Aye, Croatia v Russia was early on Sunday. That was a game I made a point of watching as it was basically a straight shootout for the automatic qualification spot, although a draw would have done Russia. Turned it on and heard Provan's woeful delivery and instantly knew I wouldn't enjoy the game as much as I had anticipated.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:46 PM, todd said:

Speaking of Sky, is anyone else a bit peeved that the Scotland games haven't been available in UHD?  Even the Wales games are.  A real first world problem, I know but there you go!

19 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I've never even heard of UHD. 🤣

Just another gimmick to try to sell stuff to you.

I thought it was maybe a Sky tv channel , I dont have Sky 🙄

I was going to reply to the poster saying STV were no better and I had to sit through 35 mins of the England highlights when I got home from the match, then the Northern Ireland game,  before our game eventually came on which got about 12 mins 😂🙄

15 hours ago, todd said:

You're right the quality of the tv definitely makes a difference, with my Panasonic in the lounge the difference is quite apparent but not so much on my sons tv in his room.  I even notice a marked improvement in picture quality on Netflix compared with Sky hd.  Perhaps my vision is just overly sensitive🤔

"When you ingest psilocybin, your gut converts it into another chemical called psilocin, which triggers changes in the brain. It increases activity in the visual cortex, leading to changes in perception and it decreases network activity in the "default mode network," driving the experience of ego loss."