Crocker - Sky - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crocker - Sky

GaryWood34

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

How would they "benefit" from it exactly ? 

I'd actually find it quite interesting and refreshing to listen to a commentary on one of our games from two non-Scottish commentators who have have done their research.

The whole tartan tinted specs viewpoint is something I hate. 

Aye, ok, you’re right. Preferring a Scottish commentator for a Scottish international game makes me a claymore-wielding maniac. See, the counter argument to your post would be to point out we should get away from the cringe of thinking the job (any job) could be done better by our big brothers down south, you know, from the big team of these islands, the important one. But I can’t be arsed.

6 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Aye, ok, you’re right. Preferring a Scottish commentator for a Scottish international game makes me a claymore-wielding maniac. See, the counter argument to your post would be to point out we should get away from the cringe of thinking the job (any job) could be done better by our big brothers down south, you know, from the big team of these islands, the important one. But I can’t be arsed.

Just because I'm not a "my country right or wrong" guy doesn't mean I have "the Scottish cringe".

I just don't think we are any greater or any worse than other nations and like to hear what others think about us because often they see things we are blind to.

Stubbornly refusing to heed the good advice and the examples of other nations was, in my opinion, one of the major reasons we ended up having to wait over twenty years to qualify for a tournament. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just because I'm not a "my country right or wrong" guy doesn't mean I have "the Scottish cringe".

I just don't think we are any greater or any worse than other nations and like to hear what others think about us because often they see things we are blind to.

Stubbornly refusing to heed the good advice and the examples of other nations was, in my opinion, one of the major reasons we ended up having to wait over twenty years to qualify for a tournament. 

And nor am I what you think I am! I embrace learning from other nations. I didn’t want a Scottish manager cos I thought a certain mentality was holding us back. I’m glad to be proved wrong on that one. But what in the name of holy fuck can we learn from a commentator?!

5 minutes ago, duncan II said:

And nor am I what you think I am! I embrace learning from other nations. I didn’t want a Scottish manager cos I thought a certain mentality was holding us back. I’m glad to be proved wrong on that one. But what in the name of holy fuck can we learn from a commentator?!

A totally different point of view from someone who's far removed from Scottish footballs still frustratingly conservative and insular culture.

It would also be nice to listen someone more articulate than the most of Scotland's poorly educated ex-pros. An exception to the latter of course are Michael Stewart and Stevie Thompson who are good broadcasters.

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A totally different point of view from someone who's far removed from Scottish footballs still frustratingly conservative and insular culture.

It would also be nice to listen someone more articulate than the most of Scotland's poorly educated ex-pros. An exception to the latter of course are Michael Stewart and Stevie Thompson who are good broadcasters.

An even bigger exception is Neil McCann.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Che Evans was quality 🤣

Fuck me Proven is past it. Madness

He was actively supporting Denmark. 

All very odd those 2. I like McFadden in the studio. Sure he's blinkered when it comes to Scotland and is the worlds most positive man but that's what I was on my commentary in a Scotland match. I don't need doom and gloom - I've had it for 23 years. 

• 2 months later...

Crocker spends the first fifteen minutes of a game reading out facts, his commentary after that consists of saying player names and repeating the same facts. There is less repetition while playing a game of FIFA. I hate watching  ANY game that he is involved in, not because he's English, it's because he's shite.

17 hours ago, mentalist said:

Crocker spends the first fifteen minutes of a game reading out facts, his commentary after that consists of saying player names and repeating the same facts. There is less repetition while playing a game of FIFA. I hate watching  ANY game that he is involved in, not because he's English, it's because he's shite.

Aye, and getting in as many references to poor past results Scotland have had against the same opponents as he can. The guy's a fkin walloper.

17 hours ago, mentalist said:

He's not great although compared to Davie Provan he's a model commentator.

Imagine Provan being the last voice they hear on death row when time is up.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, RabtheBruce said:

I’m delighted tae see the back of Provan. McCoist is so much better than that total erse.

Davie ‘terrific’ Provan. Jerking off every time the opposition do anything remotely half decent & labelling it ‘‘terrific’’ whilst willing the ball into our net and criticising our players and standard for 90 minutes. Bye Davie. 

On 6/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, Hercules Rockefeller said:

He's not great although compared to Davie Provan he's a model commentator.

Imagine Provan being the last voice they hear on death row when time is up.

😂

Just saw this! 

Not quite sure how many of TAMB are death row candidates, probably only a couple! But it is a great thought that as a serious criminal, your final judgement on earth would be delivered by Davie Provan as Ian Crocker’s finger hovers over the button.

• 5 weeks later...