Crocker - Sky - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crocker - Sky

GaryWood34

44 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Correct. Shows how bad he is if anything.

Nobody is blaming him for the defeat but it's just his attitude when commentating. Makes you feel fairly depressed before a ball is kicked.

Harry Kane would be a good commentator instead. 

I actually think Crocker was playing a game with a twitter user with the 66 references, I saw him replying on twitter to a fan praising him saying he’s “the only English commentator who never mentions 66” after the Cyprus game and it popped into my head when he said it.

in terns of commentators I liked Sky Sports English commentator who did most of our euro 2008 qualifiers, think he normally does the Wales or Ireland games now for Sky Sports but his commentary for some of McFaddens goals that campaign really sticks with me, some great lines.

7 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

I actually think Crocker was playing a game with a twitter user with the 66 references, I saw him replying on twitter to a fan praising him saying he’s “the only English commentator who never mentions 66” after the Cyprus game and it popped into my head when he said it.

in terns of commentators I liked Sky Sports English commentator who did most of our euro 2008 qualifiers, think he normally does the Wales or Ireland games now for Sky Sports but his commentary for some of McFaddens goals that campaign really sticks with me, some great lines.

Bill Leslie, really good commentator

Can't stand Liam McLeod or Rob McLean. Used to love David Begg on Radio Scotland and could never understand why he never got near TV. We should bring back Archie. He did a game on Celtic TV a few years ago and pronounced Izaguirre as 'itsaqueery'. Brilliant and probably grammatically correct! 😊

Guest ElChris04

From the presenters to the punditry team, the whole sky team need a clear out. Hayley McQueen is atrocious in the studio to listen to, and on top of that, the punditry from Crocker and Proven has to be the most depressing “pundits” out there. So negative on our team it’s embarrassing.

What sky should be Doing is attempting to bring in Darrell Currie,John Heartson, Chris Sutton ( still a laugh ) ,Steve Thompson, Micheal Stewart, from BT and BBC. Darrell is a tremendous presenter and has a good vibe before matches. And the punditry and discussion from the likes of Heartson,Sutton,Thompson,Stewart would be a good laugh and some actual honest positive punditry and most importantly a freshen up from actual experts who know our team and league. 

Edited by ElChris04

56 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

From the presenters to the punditry team, the whole sky team need a clear out. Hayley McQueen is atrocious in the studio to listen to, and on top of that, the punditry from Crocker and Proven has to be the most depressing “pundits” out there. So negative on our team it’s embarrassing.

What sky should be Doing is attempting to bring in Darrell Currie,John Heartson, Chris Sutton ( still a laugh ) ,Steve Thompson, Micheal Stewart, from BT and BBC. Darrell is a tremendous presenter and has a good vibe before matches. And the punditry and discussion from the likes of Heartson,Sutton,Thompson,Stewart would be a good laugh and some actual honest positive punditry and most importantly a freshen up from actual experts who know our team and league. 

I'll keep Thompson & Stewart on BBC thank you. Sky can gtf. 😋

4 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

John hartson? Are you taking the Michael? 

He always seems to think hes commentating for Celtic tv. 

6 hours ago, slasher said:

Can't stand Liam McLeod or Rob McLean. Used to love David Begg on Radio Scotland and could never understand why he never got near TV. We should bring back Archie. He did a game on Celtic TV a few years ago and pronounced Izaguirre as 'itsaqueery'. Brilliant and probably grammatically correct! 😊

That'll be the same Archie McGobshite that insisted on pronouncing Jean-Claude Darcheville as Jean-Claude Darkyville?"

Personally I like the boy who commentates the BT sports and Premier Sports games, even if they do badly scrape the barrel with their punditry team including encouraging McCoist and Suttton into petty arguments to keep getting publicity.

But the long and short of it is that BT have priced Sky out of the running for a lot of the lucrative club football, e.g the whole of the Champions League. Until such times as BT have any competition in that regard we won't see them sillying themselves with international football meaning we will be stuck with the Sky team.

Sky broadcasting international football is the equivalent of BBC and the FA Cup. It's something they CAN actually afford

6 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

1710 views of this topic. 

Someone is reading it. 

The sad fact is Gary, that in the unlikely event of Crocker reading this thread, I suspect he’d be pretty pleased with himself.

5 minutes ago, jamboman said:

I started a topic months ago on this clown and its good you all are coming around. Its no coincidence that we have had so much negativity around the national team since this guy started commentating

It's true, I almost feel we're beaten as soon as the studio hand over to that pair of nauseating bellends Crocker and Proven, not sure which one is worse!