Crocker - Sky - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crocker - Sky

GaryWood34

I was a bit more annoyed they didn’t even have a dedicated studio panel for our game, they just had a player from each of the home nations to talk about all the games.

Having said that, if they were all called Chris with a K, we’d be aswell with James Collins and the Irish boy.

A slight tangent, but I question the choice of Hayley McQueen as their Scottish anchor. I can’t imagine someone from MUTV is the best person available to present Scottish football, if they want to have a female that’s completely fine, they can even be English, but I wonder whether she is just ticking a box, rather being the best person for the role?

Yeah, it's dreadful coverage from Sky. 

As I've stopped going to as many games in recent years it is really starting to become a pain in the tits having to listen to them.  The commentary team have been around for far too long and need freshened up. 

The Sky studio and combined analysis team covering other home nations is just cheapness and crap. The anchor is rubbish as well. 

I coughed up for a one day NowTv pass for last night as I refuse to give Sky recurring money. I think I'll go to the bother of heading for the pub in future and maybe put some headphones in so I don't need to listen to the crap. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

Crocker and Provan, I can't think of a worse pairing to commentate on Scotland games in my life time. 

I know Liam McLeod isn't everyone's cup of tea due to who he supports but he is unbelievably passionate about scottish football. He wuld be perfect for a scotland match commentator

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know Liam McLeod isn't everyone's cup of tea due to who he supports but he is unbelievably passionate about scottish football. He wuld be perfect for a scotland match commentator

Couldn't even tell you who he supports, I like him as a commentator.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Couldn't even tell you who he supports, I like him as a commentator.

I've read on here that he is a sheep shagger but I can't confirm. 

I think he's the best scottish commentator around right now. 

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye, he’s definitely an Aberdeen fan, but I’d be worried if he didn’t have a team.

I quite like him, presume OF fans have a problem with him as he’s not Tam Boyd or Derek Johnstone.

:lol:

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Each to their own. He’s not impressed me when I’ve heard him. 

Rory Hamilton is good on BT Sport and Premier Sports. Personally don’t mind Crocker that much.

Eilidh Barbour will be presenting for Sky next season.

The whole set up was weird to me last night.

Cut to a studio with a random Welsh and Irish guy too.  

I don't have sky so not sure if that main event thing is normal but took away from what was supposed to be a Scottish event surely.

We've got our real "national" commentators on the radio and a bunch of randoms with a fleeting interest in Scotland on the tv.  Surely not beyond the wit of man to have had folk that give a monkeys on the tv!  

Before anyone pipes in.  It's not the nationality I found weird.  Tom English packie Bonner,  Russell Latapy or whoever would have mad more sense.  No way they would lump all the "home nations " all together if it was an England game .

Anyway agreed on topic, get a Rob Mclean or Mcleod in.

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

A slight tangent, but I question the choice of Hayley McQueen as their Scottish anchor. I can’t imagine someone from MUTV is the best person available to present Scottish football, if they want to have a female that’s completely fine, they can even be English, but I wonder whether she is just ticking a box, rather being the best person for the role?

I'd imagine she was picked due to being a Sky employee and who her old man is.

In terms of 1966, the c*nts even got a reference to that in during the Nations League final, pointing out if Portugal won it would be the first time a Wolves player had won an international medal since 1966...

19 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Crocker and Provan, I can't think of a worse pairing to commentate on Scotland games in my life time. 

He’s not my cup of tea because he sounds about 8 years old and can’t stop reading out statistics regardless of what’s happening on. the pitch. I don’t think kids get even get taught stats till about 5th year. 

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s not my cup of tea because he sounds about 8 years old and can’t stop reading out statistics regardless of what’s happening on. the pitch. I don’t think kids get even get taught stats till about 5th year. 

can't say I have noticed the stats he reads out, I think its refreshing to hear someone who is passionate about our game. 

David Attenborough would be my choice 

“Here we see a team of creatures that rarely leave the safety of their own home.   These gun-shy blue skinned Neanderthals are prey for their much stronger European counterparts.    Watch what happens when one of them tries to use a spherical tool.... a quirk of evolution”

Edited by bonny78

3 hours ago, bonny78 said:

David Attenborough would be my choice 

“Here we see a team of creatures that rarely leave the safety of their own home.   These gun-shy blue skinned Neanderthals are prey for their much stronger European counterparts.    Watch what happens when one of them tries to use a spherical tool.... a quirk of evolution”

But you're a cunt.

At least the spelling was good on this occasion.