2-0 tonight - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2-0 tonight

bonny78

6 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

That would be 0-2 which is not what I typed

I know what you typed. Why not tell us what you would be happy with?

Edited by exile

Who would ever take a defeat before a ball is kicked? Crazy.

We’re not San Marino or Liechtenstein. We may not be the best, hell we’re not even the best Scotland team there’s ever been, but Jesus Christ we’re surely always in with a shout of snatching even a draw against anyone?

No doubt it’s going to be tough and they’d beat us 8 times out of 10, but why can’t tonight be one of the 2?

I suspect a few on here would’ve taken a 2-0 defeat in France before Faddy got involved.

Never accept defeat until you’re defeated.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Who would ever take a defeat before a ball is kicked? Crazy.

We’re not San Marino or Liechtenstein. We may not be the best, hell we’re not even the best Scotland team there’s ever been, but Jesus Christ we’re surely always in with a shout of snatching even a draw against anyone?

No doubt it’s going to be tough and they’d beat us 8 times out of 10, but why can’t tonight be one of the 2?

I suspect a few on here would’ve taken a 2-0 defeat in France before Faddy got involved.

Never accept defeat until you’re defeated.

Am not accepting it. Just predicting it

2 hours ago, FuNsTeR said:

Russia won 1 nil at home against Cyprus ... they also struggled .... Russian teams don't travel well

That's true they don't travel well.  They do seem to have some decent depth given they have had important players regularly out of the squad for the past 18 months. With that they still managed a Quarter Final at the World Cup and have had stable results.

I disagree on saying they struggled with Cyprus, I just finished watching the match and Russia thoroughly outplayed Cyprus. On another day I feel the Russians could have put 4 or 5 past Cyprus, finishing was dreadful and one of the 2 disallowed goals was definitely not offside. 

The Russians are quite mobile, weak at the back. If we fail to win we can forget about finishing in the top 2. 

Cyprus had 0 shots on target over 90 minutes.  

ruscyp.JPG

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Good saves though

Did he make a good save? He made saves that if anyone had let in we'd be saying it was embarrassing..
But I'm not sure h made any actual good saves.

And he spilt a few which seemed straight down his throat.

Combined with repeatedly punting it out of play..

Soo.. glad to be rid of Gordon. Jeez.. THAT guy.

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Did he make a good save? He made saves that if anyone had let in we'd be saying it was embarrassing..

Goal keeping in the least of our problems.     Scoring away from home on the other hand... 

2 hours ago, andyD said:

Made a pile of saves he should make, and made a lot of them badly and was lucky not to get punished.

Thought he was kicking it into touch rather than kicking it out of play, probably thought a Belgium throw in was a better result than a Scottish player losing it in the middle of the park..

Still glad to be rid of Gordon though, he is such a good TV pundit.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:08 AM, infamous said:

That's true they don't travel well.  They do seem to have some decent depth given they have had important players regularly out of the squad for the past 18 months. With that they still managed a Quarter Final at the World Cup and have had stable results.

I disagree on saying they struggled with Cyprus, I just finished watching the match and Russia thoroughly outplayed Cyprus. On another day I feel the Russians could have put 4 or 5 past Cyprus, finishing was dreadful and one of the 2 disallowed goals was definitely not offside. 

The Russians are quite mobile, weak at the back. If we fail to win we can forget about finishing in the top 2. 

Cyprus had 0 shots on target over 90 minutes.  

ruscyp.JPG

cheers for the Stats, that does shine a different light on the actual game itself