Malky Mackay Interview - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Malky Mackay Interview

UpTheSlope

16 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Nobody beyond the professionally offended would have cared if he got the managers job, expect that he’s not a very good manager. 

As for those who are happy to shame him for his private emails and texts, would you be happy if your private communication was made public?

Why are you speaking for everyone? I’m not ‘professionally offended’ but I wouldn’t want to see him in the Scotland job. 

Private messages or not, they’ve been made public and show him in a bad light. Some of his messages weren’t even that private, such as the ‘black monopoly’ email he sent to more than one person using his work email address. 

People are entitled to hold any views they like, even if they are arseholish in nature but as soon as those views become public (no matter how this happens) then the person’s reputation and employability is affected and the person only have themselves to blame. 

I’m not suggesting MacKay shouldn’t be allowed to work in football but he shouldn’t be the Scotland manager or be in a position where his decisions on people’s futures could be scrutinised and be potentially deemed racist or whatever and could tarnish the SFA’s reputation (not that their reputation is worth much I suppose).

I’m pretty sure MacKay was fairly well thought of as a manager before this all happened as well.  

Edited by Texas Pete

41 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Nobody beyond the professionally offended would have cared if he got the managers job, expect that he’s not a very good manager. 

As for those who are happy to shame him for his private emails and texts, would you be happy if your private communication was made public?

So as long as you're a racist/homophobic arsehole behind closed doors then it's fair game?

There is being offended for the sake of it and there is knowing the difference between right and wrong.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Why are you speaking for everyone? I’m not ‘professionally offended’ but I wouldn’t want to see him in the Scotland job. 

Private messages or not, they’ve been made public and show him in a bad light. Some of his messages weren’t even that private, such as the ‘black monopoly’ email he sent to more than one person using his work email address. 

People are entitled to hold any views they like, even if they are arseholish in nature but as soon as those views become public (no matter how this happens) then the person’s reputation and employability is affected and the person only have themselves to blame. 

I’m not suggesting MacKay shouldn’t be allowed to work in football but he shouldn’t be the Scotland manager or be in a position where his decisions on people’s futures could be scrutinised and be potentially deemed racist or whatever and could tarnish the SFA’s reputation (not that their reputation is worth much I suppose).

I’m pretty sure MacKay was fairly well thought of as a manager before this all happened as well.  

I’m certainly not speaking for everyone, although it may have looked that way, more just giving my opinion on those going out there way to be offended. 

3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

So as long as you're a racist/homophobic arsehole behind closed doors then it's fair game?

There is being offended for the sake of it and there is knowing the difference between right and wrong.

No I just don’t think it’s fair to have a go at someone for private messages when I’d hazard a guess that the vast majority of people have said things in private that would offend others if made public.

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m certainly not speaking for everyone, although it may have looked that way, more just giving my opinion on those going out there way to be offended. 

I can’t speak for others but I wouldn’t say I was offended by MacKay texts and emails. Women, homosexuals, Asian people, black people and Jews may well be offended though. 

The guy is an absolute walloper and should be nowhere near the Scotland job, or the job he’s in,  in my opinion.

If you feel he was unlucky because his racist, homophobic, anti Semitic and misogynistic views weren’t meant for public consumption then that’s up to you. If you think it’s ok to hold those views and work at the very top of Scottish football as long the public don’t know about them then again, up to you. 

So much for showing racism the red card.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I can’t speak for others but I wouldn’t say I was offended by MacKay texts and emails. Women, homosexuals, Asian people, black people and Jews may well be offended though. 

The guy is an absolute walloper and should be nowhere near the Scotland job, or the job he’s in,  in my opinion.

If you feel he was unlucky because his racist, homophobic, anti Semitic and misogynistic views weren’t meant for public consumption then that’s up to you. If you think it’s ok to hold those views and work at the very top of Scottish football as long the public don’t know about them then again, up to you. 

So much for showing racism the red card.

You’ve made quite a few leaps there.

Not sure if unlucky is the right term but I do think it’s unfair to judge someone on what they’ve said in private communications, potentially out of context. It would be hypocritical of me to do so. 

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’ve made quite a few leaps there.

Not sure if unlucky is the right term but I do think it’s unfair to judge someone on what they’ve said in private communications, potentially out of context. It would be hypocritical of me to do so. 

That would be quite a lot of texts/emails to be taken out of context. Having just re-read them I am struggling to see how any of them were.

The fact is the guy has tarnished his reputation so much that I doubt he’ll ever get a decent management job again and I, for one, am glad he didn’t get the Scotland job. I doubt it would have ended well. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

The fact is the guy has tarnished his reputation so much that I doubt he’ll ever get a decent management job again and I, for one, am glad he didn’t get the Scotland job. I doubt it would have ended well. 

Doubt many would disagree.