Malky Mackay Interview - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Malky Mackay Interview

UpTheSlope

53 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

Anyone able to shed some light on why Malky Mackay was booed when he was interviewed pitchside at half time on Saturday night?

Because he's a misogynistic, racist homophobe.

You knew that already though and you're doing your usual boring wee routine.  

I didn't like those texts but I feel the time since it happened, his apology and actions since then it needs to be put to bed.  It was texts ffs.  People in this country love to point fingers and shout racist at people.  He was an idiot.  He apologised.  Time to move on.

Lets be honest regardless of Mackay getting caught out the folk booing him were probably fktard morons just looking for someone to boo.  Either that or mental rangers fans (Mackay ex Celtic of course)

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I didn't like those texts but I feel the time since it happened, his apology and actions since then it needs to be put to bed.  It was texts ffs.  People in this country love to point fingers and shout racist at people.  He was an idiot.  He apologised.  Time to move on.

So as long as your racism/sexism/bigotry is delivered in the form of text then it's fair game? Interesting. The guys clearly an arsehole and people want him punted.

58 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

I’d bet that they were probably the same imbeciles who couldn’t hold their water for just one minute during the minutes silence for Lennart Johannson

If we hadn't have qualified for France 98 I might have struggled there myself. 

27 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

So as long as your racism/sexism/bigotry is delivered in the form of text then it's fair game? Interesting. The guys clearly an arsehole and people want him punted.

Indeed. He should be nowhere near a position of power within our game.

49 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If we hadn't have qualified for France 98 I might have struggled there myself. 

Quite, his actions following the three second game in Tallinn were pretty disreputable.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Because he's a misogynistic, racist homophobe.

You knew that already though and you're doing your usual boring wee routine.  

Except he is none of those things.

You knew that already though and you’re doing your usual boring wee routine.

24 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’ll be honest and admit I’ve probably said worse in group chats. 

But you are not in a public position of power and influence near the top of our football association. That's the difference.

I am not saying Mackay should never work again. However certain roles should probably be off limits for him including the one he is in at the moment.

1 minute ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

But you are not in a public position of power and influence near the top of our football association. That's the difference.

I am not saying Mackay should never work again. However certain roles should probably be off limits for him including the one he is in at the moment.

That you know of ;)

I see what you’re saying but I wouldn’t give him a hard time etc like others, although it was a surprise he got the job, he’s hardly a stand out candidate.

21 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Except he is none of those things.

You knew that already though and you’re doing your usual boring wee routine.

Is he not? You'll have to educate me then. Generally when someone displays racist, homophobic and misogynistic behaviour it's because they are those things.

21 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think if someone has genuinely remorseful - and only those close to him and the employer can know - they should be given a second chance.  I agree for positions of state but not for jobs within a private industry.

15 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

your point?  Is Jordan Peterson a former racist?

Funnily enough he isn't.

Jordan Bernt Peterson (born June 12, 1962) is a Canadian clinical psychologist and a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. His main areas of study are in abnormal, social, and personality psychology,[1] with a particular interest in the psychology of religious and ideological belief[2] and the assessment and improvement of personality and performance.[3]

Peterson has bachelor's degrees in political science and psychology from the University of Alberta and a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from McGill University. He was a post-doctoral fellow at McGill from 1991 to 1993 before moving to Harvard University, where he was an assistant and then an associate professor in the psychology department.[4][5] In 1998, he moved back to Canada as a faculty member in the psychology department at the University of Toronto, where, as of 2019, he is a full professor.

Peterson's first book, Maps of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief (1999), examined several academic fields to describe the structure of systems of beliefs and myths, their role in the regulation of emotion, creation of meaning, and several other topics such as motivation for genocide.[6][7][8] His second book, 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, was released in January 2018.[4][9][10]

You pretty much advised me to get my hole for quoting the above guy while defending Malky McKay at the same time... you're maybe not the best judge of character is all I am saying.

8 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Funnily enough he isn't.

You pretty much advised me to get my hole for quoting the above guy while defending Malky McKay at the same time... you're maybe not the best judge of character is all I am saying.

You have this guy on the brain way too much