Starting 11 v Belgium - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Belgium

romanticscot

10 hours ago, Alan said:

What's been positive about the 2 games?  Andy Robertsons goal?  McTominay showing promise?

I'm not saying Clarke is at risk.  I still want him in the job but the 2 games have been disappointing.  Strachan went offensive and challenged (and sometimes beat) teams like Croatia, Germany and England.  Culturally we cannot sit back and at Killie he pressed teams higher up the pitch and reduced options and made opposition make mistakes.

When we had the McKenna chance that was a great passing move up the pitch and the morale and confidence would have soared if we had scored and I'm confident we'd have had them pinned back in their own half.  

Need to be more positive and play higher up the park.

Hopefully Clarke is starting to realise that McTominay should be starting, like just about everyone on here. I almost posted before the Cyprus game that if he didn't start it would be my last game. He is a better centre half than any we have, a better right back than O'Donnell and probably a better striker than Brophy, McNulty or Burke in that sort of game.

Kenny McLean was excellent as well in both games so if he continues his end of season form he looks like a solid starter.

Ryan Fraser can play at any level even against world number ones Belgium.

Negatives for me were Mcginn in the first game, starting to think he isn't an EPL player. He wins tackles in the championship but also loses a fair few. How will he do against stronger, faster and better readers of the game next season? same three points apply to his passing. Hopefully I am wrong and he will improve against better players.

We don't have any defenders and despite thinking O'Donnell did all right last night we still need a right back. I think I'm on my own in thinking Paterson is our best option and if Teirney is to play out of position it should be as the left sided centre half.

You could use tiredness as an excuse for anyone, bar probably McLean and Burke but they are all professional athletes.

I just went to read the articles at the Daily Record and I am frankly shocked at the negativity surrounding Clarke's appointment.  I think there were many positives last night, we had a good solid shape Belgium had to work hard for their win.  We wont always play how we did last night, and Clarke had the sense to change the formation and tactics to suit the opposition. Doesn't feel good to loss, but feels good to know it wont be the same team setup the same way every game.    

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

I just went to read the articles at the Daily Record and I am frankly shocked at the negativity surrounding Clarke's appointment.  I think there were many positives last night, we had a good solid shape Belgium had to work hard for their win.  We wont always play how we did last night, and Clarke had the sense to change the formation and tactics to suit the opposition. Doesn't feel good to loss, but feels good to know it wont be the same team setup the same way every game.    

Wasn’t that just a pathetic “Hotline” clickbate headline?