Starting 11 v Belgium - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Belgium

romanticscot

1 minute ago, SMcoolJ said:

Plenty of decent performances. Thought Taylor was excellent. Contrary to his counterpart at the other side of the pitch. 

Forrest has to score. The confidence taken from from losing 2-1 instead of  3-0 could be telling. 

Fraser changed the game - would like to understand more about his “niggle” and why he didn’t start. 

First goal aside, I thought McTominay and McLean were outstanding. 

Thought Burke actually did quite well. 

I was watching Fraser on Saturday and he was flexing his leg like you do when you get cramp. I just think he was totally knackered - too knackered to start tonight.

That aside I agree with your points.

Went about how I expected to go. Belgium many levels above Scotland. Need to take the encouraging things from the game about the disciplined shape defensively & build from there. Must get Tierney, Robertson, Griffiths, Naismith & Fletcher back in for September.

Also hoping Clarke can work on getting Snodgrass back into the frame and maybe persuade a couple of eligible players to declare for us. Need more depth to the squad as we do run short of quality after 14-15 players.

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Here's a chastening thought: Wales beat this team twice in recent years in euro competitions.

Three years ago and four years ago before their recent run where they've won pretty much every game they've played. Three years ago they had good players now they're putting it together a s a team.

I still feel reasonably positive. In a couple of years McTominay will be a great player and I hope Gilmour and Turnbull will, too. They didn’t look quite so clever when we had a go at them and perhaps with the aforementioned players we’ll be able to trouble teams more in the near future. Burke was reasonable and things could go either way for him.

Edited by er yir macaroon

It feels clutching at straws to think we might have conceded one less, and might even have scored one. But even then would have been 2-1. Just need to take it on the chin, the game we were not expected to take anything from. Let's hope we are full strength for the return fixture, and the Russia games, and no dodgy offsides.   

Edited by exile

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Taylor did very well indeed. For an international debut against a way better side than us then he can be very proud. I'd have no issues about calling on him again if need be.

i was like get Taylor tae! then i seen him with some clearances brilliant! a way better side than us?  belgium are way better that most countries.

50 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The ball through the middle of the park was where that goal was lost. Bodies standing admiring it rather than chase it let everyone down there. It’s a pity, where as we haven’t really looked a threat, there was always a chance of nicking something, now it’s damage limitation. 

Aye Kompany was just stoting up and playing the ball every time, nobody challenging him and noone closing the space.

29 minutes ago, neilser said:

Have had another look - he was offside by about a foot when Hazard turned and tapped the ball with the inside of his heel but onside when Hazard played the pass. Not sure what the rule is anymore...

It was offside easily when he played the pass

9 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Went about how I expected to go. Belgium many levels above Scotland. Need to take the encouraging things from the game about the disciplined shape defensively & build from there. Must get Tierney, Robertson, Griffiths, Naismith & Fletcher back in for September.

Also hoping Clarke can work on getting Snodgrass back into the frame and maybe persuade a couple of eligible players to declare for us. Need more depth to the squad as we do run short of quality after 14-15 players.

We are past snoddy, I was a big fan but don't think he would give anything we don't have. And eligibles can fuck off, sick of half rate English cunts getting In The squad ahead of our own youngsters. 

Also nice to see Forrest back to his usual shite self, why he felt the need to try and control it in the box I don't know. Fucking hit it

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Thought he did ok or maybe Hazard is over rated

Worst Scot on the park tonight. Plenty positive ms though. We really need all our players fit and available as we struggle when we are missing any more than 3 or 4 players. Things do look more positive though. Bulgaria in the play off maybe as Finland continue there form. MON again showing just what an absolute abortion of an appointment Eck was.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Thought he did ok or maybe Hazard is over rated

Mctominay was the only player who looked comfortable at that level

He wasn't raised in Scotland

Our youth coaching isn't good enough and needs drastically changed

Belgium will become the next small country to win a major championship

But still we won't change

Just now, macy37 said:

Worst Scot on the park tonight. Plenty positive ms though. We really need all our players fit and available as we struggle when we are missing any more than 3 or 4 players. Things do look more positive though. Bulgaria in the play off maybe as Finland continue there form. MON again showing just what an absolute abortion of an appointment Eck was.

Any Idea how Norhern Ireland managed to get their first four games against the worst two teams?

15 minutes ago, Kirk said:

It was offside easily when he played the pass

I thought if the player was running away from goal he could turn and run onto the ball like De Bruyne did - like I said though, the rule is beyond me now.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any Idea how Norhern Ireland managed to get their first four games against the worst two teams?

No, they’ve taken full points though. Under Eck we would have been lucky to take 4.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

The same way we managed to get our firsts three against the alleged three worst teams in our group?

28 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Forrest has to score. The confidence taken from from losing 2-1 instead of  3-0 could be telling. 

Fraser changed the game - would like to understand more about his “niggle” and why he didn’t start. 

First goal aside, I thought McTominay and McLean were outstanding. 

Thought Burke actually did quite well. 

Agree with most of that but I dont think the score will dent confidence too much, more worried that it might make Russia more confident.