Starting 11 v Belgium - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Belgium

romanticscot

The ball through the middle of the park was where that goal was lost. Bodies standing admiring it rather than chase it let everyone down there. It’s a pity, where as we haven’t really looked a threat, there was always a chance of nicking something, now it’s damage limitation. 

7 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

De Bruyne. Two yards. 

Have had another look - he was offside by about a foot when Hazard turned and tapped the ball with the inside of his heel but onside when Hazard played the pass. Not sure what the rule is anymore...

Just now, TDYER63 said:

We never looked like scoring but that was a far better performance than I expected tonight. Belgium are ruthless and in a different league. 

I feel strangely positive overall though. 

Here's a chastening thought: Wales beat this team twice in recent years in euro competitions.

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

We never looked like scoring but that was a far better performance than I expected tonight. Belgium are ruthless and in a different league. 

I feel strangely positive overall though. 

I think Darren Fletcher's assessment on Sky was spot on. If we could have got to half-time level then who knows? However, we looked more organised and competitive, tougher to break down. We lost 4-0 against Belgium at home less than a year ago and here we are away to Belgium and lost 3-0. Rember as well we were dealt a blow losing our best player Andrew Robertson just before the match.

McKenna found wanting badly this evening. This was never going to be a game we’d get anything unless we had a backs to the wall performance so as much as it’s disappointing at least it wasn’t a rout like it would have been under the drunk. 

Gives me hope that we can build for the play offs.

Plenty of decent performances. Thought Taylor was excellent. Contrary to his counterpart at the other side of the pitch. 

Forrest has to score. The confidence taken from from losing 2-1 instead of  3-0 could be telling. 

Fraser changed the game - would like to understand more about his “niggle” and why he didn’t start. 

First goal aside, I thought McTominay and McLean were outstanding. 

Thought Burke actually did quite well.