Starting 11 v Belgium - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Belgium

romanticscot

Robertson picked up a knock on Saturday and was 50/50.  I suspect that Fraser and Forrest are what Clarke meant when he said that some players who would play against Cyprus wouldn't be the right players to play against Belgium.  Obviously looking to be more defensive.   Looks like a 4-5-1 set up 

9 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Probably the worst line up I’ve ever seen for a Scotland Team. Our best attacking players benched, and Robertson injured. We’re in for a long night. 

My only positive is Steve Clarke is in charge, but cmon it’s belgium... 

Kazakhstan was worse. 

Very sensible and understandable lineup tbh. Robbo is a blow but here’s to hoping Taylor can step up. Probably best that he has a midfielder in front of him instead of Fraser to help his defensive duties then try hit on the break with Burke and Russell.

6 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Bitter blow, losing Robertson.

That defence... :(

i only saw brief highlights (once) v cyprus ; but i thought Robertson looked at fault a couple of times ; defending

conceding corner , and marking - not sure it was his man but he seemed closest - was another tackle earlier in game where it broke off him to leave the cypriot player the ball

i should likely watch again , but was my initial thoughts - kind of stood out after hearing all the best left back in the world stuff

great goal though

4 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Looking at the Belgian subs, I would fancy them to give us a pasting. Could be a long night.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Sels, Dendoncker, Vermaelen, Carrasco, Catagne, Praet, Januzaj, Mertens, Origi, Benteke, Batshayi.

It's OK they're not playing.

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

At work, have we fuckin scored yet??? Intae the cnuts!!!

Am watching on a minute lag so aye probably 0-1 Scotland by now. The way we are pinned to our box so far bodes well.

Edited by thplinth