Starting 11 v Belgium - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 v Belgium

romanticscot

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Just for full transparency, you’ve also dropped Forrest 

Aye. If I thought he would get another hat-trick I'd have played him. Nothin fancy the night Son............................

If he does get a hat trick tonight I will not have words to describe my joy - unless we get beat.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The same Belgium that beat the mighty Cyprus 2-0 a couple of months back yet our fans are hoping for a 3-0 defeat?

Nothing harsh with saying that is pathetic.

McTominay can't even get in the team BTW and as for ranking in triple digits - wise up.

If the team goes on the park tonight thinking like that they've had it, but if the fans are being pessimistic they've good cause. Better Scotland sides than this have gone there and lost by similar scorelines to inferior Belgium teams than this one. The last time we played Belgium they outclassed us, and they've improved since then whereas we've kind of stagnated.

If we're going to have a chance tonight we mustn't concede early on.

4 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Never a truer word said!!

He got the winner on Saturday but his game more summed up by his first action of coming on. getting ball, running past a couple of their players and then straight into another Cyprus player. Heidless chicken.

I see what you're saying but personally I'd be happy for a repeat of a heidless chicken that scores a winning goal!

I know the odds and past experience will point to a Belgium victory but sooner or later Scotland need to get a result against one of those top teams, and why not start today?

There are times we have played top ranked sides and got duly beaten and we console ourselves that it's the natural order, only for another team to come along and get a shock result, and then the mighty invincible power is reinterpreted as actually crumbling after all. So we must be ready and be set up to take that advantage when the opportunity comes.

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The same Belgium that beat the mighty Cyprus 2-0 a couple of months back yet our fans are hoping for a 3-0 defeat?

Nothing harsh with saying that is pathetic.

McTominay can't even get in the team BTW and as for ranking in triple digits - wise up.

Not to mention the fact Fraser hasn't exactly done very much in a Scotland shirt.

I think it was clear that there would be changes. If you look at Saturday's game both Fraser and Forrest looked physically spent. To expect them to start again was expecting too much but they could be handy to bring on in the second half. Losing Robertson to a hamstring is a blow but we have to make the best of it. At least we will get an idea of whether Taylor can hack it at international level.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I think it was clear that there would be changes. If you look at Saturday's game both Fraser and Forrest looked physically spent. To expect them to start again was expecting too much but they could be handy to bring on in the second half. Losing Robertson to a hamstring is a blow but we have to make the best of it. At least we will get an idea of whether Taylor can hack it at international level.

We'll get an idea allright

5 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

So our three best players aren't on the pitch?Fuck. One step forward and three steps back. Why does this keep on happening to us?! 

Cause they won't push it for us

Cricket score coming up

Guest ElChris04

Probably the worst line up I’ve ever seen for a Scotland Team. Our best attacking players benched, and Robertson injured. We’re in for a long night. 

My only positive is Steve Clarke is in charge, but cmon it’s belgium... 

I can totally understand the line up.

It is sensible.

Tonight will be backs to the wall stuff. Forrest and Fraser aren't the best at doing that.

McGinn was blowing out of his arse for the last 30 mins against Cyprus.

And nothing we can do about Robertson

OK, my initial shock is over. Maybe Taylor will step up to the mark. Maybe Fraser and Forrest would have been a bad idea as we won't have the ball most of the time. Maybe these lads will have something to prove. Maybe maybe maybe. C'mon Scotland! 

2 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Probably the worst line up I’ve ever seen for a Scotland Team. Our best attacking players benched, and Robertson injured. We’re in for a long night. 

My only positive is Steve Clarke is in charge, but cmon it’s belgium... 

There been far worse, trust me.