Jump to content
romanticscot

Starting 11 v Belgium

Recommended Posts

Despite his shortcomings Burke gives us options and even as a sort of loose cannon could unsettle a defence. Hope to see him at some point in the proceedings.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the line up will resemble closer to the team at FT last night than the team that started the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marshall

O’Donnell,

Mulgrew

McKenna

Robertson

McTominay

McGinn

Armstrong

Forrest

Burke

Fraser

 

Two sitting ball winners with pace elsewhere to cause the opposition problems.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Marshall

O’Donnell,

Mulgrew

McKenna

Robertson

McTominay

McGinn

Armstrong

Forrest

Burke

Fraser

 

Two sitting ball winners with pace elsewhere to cause the opposition problems.

 

I don't think we will see 4 attacking players from the start. 

Possibly McLean for Armstrong would be closer to the mark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marshall

O’Donnell Mulgrew McKenna Robertson

McTominay

Forrest McGinn McLean McGregor

Burke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 - 5 - 1 for me strong, organised and difficult to beat and hope for a draw 

Marshall

O'Donnell     Mulgrew     McKenna     Robertson

Armstrong      McGregor   McTominay   McLean    Fraser

Burke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marshall

O'Donnell     Mulgrew     McKenna     Robertson

McGregor   McTominay 

Forrest    Armstrong     Fraser

Russell

Keep back 5. 

2 DM who have mobility to break forward and pass.

Want Armstrong in to carry team up the park.

The attacking 3 are my biggest concern.  Feel Forrest and Fraser are running on empty. 

Our #9. Brophy did nothing but the had no service.  Burke scored but i just don't get him, like an overdeveloped Theo Walcott who runs to dead ends.  Russell has mobility and is fresher due to MLS season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Marshall

O'Donnell     Mulgrew     McKenna     Robertson

McGregor   McTominay 

Forrest    Armstrong     Fraser

Russell

Keep back 5. 

2 DM who have mobility to break forward and pass.

Want Armstrong in to carry team up the park.

The attacking 3 are my biggest concern.  Feel Forrest and Fraser are running on empty. 

Our #9. Brophy did nothing but the had no service.  Burke scored but i just don't get him, like an overdeveloped Theo Walcott who runs to dead ends.  Russell has mobility and is fresher due to MLS season.

You raise a good point with freshness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're 18-1 to win this game! When was the last time we've been that unfancied to win a game, odds wise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, todd said:

We're 18-1 to win this game! When was the last time we've been that unfancied to win a game, odds wise?

10 mins against Kazakhstan...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't play Forrest. He will barley get a kick of the ball against Belgium.

Yes that’s how to compete against the best teams. Put your best players on the bench. 

I do understand your logic to an extent but I would still have him in the starting 11. I’d probably just use him differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't play Forrest. He will barley get a kick of the ball against Belgium.

I doesn’t really matter if he’s got the diligence to stop their full back from getting up the park. Pace and endurance counts for a lot as it makes the other team think twice. When we had Ritchie in the team the opposition could do what they like safe in the knowledge he could have a 20 yard head start and they’d still catch him before he could get close enough to shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I don't care what the team and formation is.

If Belgium are up for this they'll score at least 5.

It'll be entertaining at the very least.

Go away then. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't play Forrest. He will (barley) get a kick of the ball against Belgium.

Wheat you talking about? 😁

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Same as last night apart from McTominey for McGinn and Burke for Brophy.

Could cause the problems with pace on the counter attack.

Read the topic title and thought that before I opened the thread.

Was pleased to see McGregor play well on the left side of the midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I don't care what the team and formation is.

If Belgium are up for this they'll score at least 5.

It'll be entertaining at the very least.

Aye, nothing like the entertainment of watching your team get pumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...