Post Match Boozers - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Post Match Boozers

21 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Avoid anywhere advertising a β€˜ Tartan Army Party β€˜ or similar type event. πŸ‘

I don't mind then on matchday. We don't sing much on the terraces so good to have somewhere to sing Scotland songs and get in the mood for the match with a few beers.

I tend to avoid the ones abroad that are on every night though.

• 2 months later...

Mango is horrific. Shoved into that tiny wee fucking barn thing, warm tins of mediocre lager? At least Campus let us have the run of the fucking place.Β 

Sack that for a carry on. Went in for five mins the first time we were there post-match. That was plenty. The lack of options is a real scunner.Β 

the problem though as hinted atΒ by RightPeg is that a lot of places won't let you in with colours on. Despite it being Scotland colours. In Scotland.Β 

They don't like the idea of you having been on it all day already, I suppose.Β 

Friday night in Glasgow, imagine most places are going to be full by time you get back into town.

Usually I head to the Horseshoe to wait for my train down the road, though last few games I have went to Stereo as its always quiet and get served faster, and they have never had a issue with football colours.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Friday night in Glasgow, imagine most places are going to be full by time you get back into town.

Usually I head to the Horseshoe to wait for my train down the road, though last few games I have went to Stereo as its always quiet and get served faster, and they have never had a issue with football colours.

Aye fair point, I watched the Kazakhstan game in Stereo... not been in since, funnily enough.Β Β But decent boozer and plenty in with tops on at the time, myself included. I can understand busy places picking and choosing not to let us in after a game, but i mind being knocked back after the Slovenia home game on Sauchiehall street from a quiet pubΒ on the grounds of us having Scotland tops on. My mate's retort of 'a lot of Slovenians in the night, aye?' wasn't likely to win them around mind you.Β 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, AndyDD said:

Mango is horrific. Shoved into that tiny wee fucking barn thing, warm tins of mediocre lager? At least Campus let us have the run of the fucking place.Β 

Sack that for a carry on. Went in for five mins the first time we were there post-match. That was plenty. The lack of options is a real scunner.Β 

Agreed.Β  Terrible venue.Β  Enjoyed Campus but I think the venue for this has to be changed.Β  It will never work in Mango.Β  We ended up going to the Savoy the last time...they usually let TA in and it was infinitely better than Mango.

Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

This may well be my first sober Scotland game as I’m taking my wee boy to his first game πŸ˜‚. It’s more pre-match tonight then straight back up the road to Broughty Ferry. Fan zone looks like it’ll be pretty good for kids and just read that Idlewild are playing a set before the anthems, at 7.15. Great band - thank god its not cheesy techno from a super dooooper excited dj πŸ™„πŸ‘