Aztec Retro - New Top / Experiences? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aztec Retro - New Top / Experiences?

GaryWood34

I've booked holidays all over the world, booked and bought for many years and never been scammed. Slightly worried I may have been.

I've ordered this :  https://aztecretro.com/products/scotland-1978-world-cup-home-shirt and now I feel a bit stupid. Upon ordering it I've decided to check how long delivery was as it was 'free' so expected it to be 7-10 days. Nope it's 6 weeks as they're based in China haha. What an idiot I am.

Has anyone used them? Did it arrive? If it did by some miracle arrive then what state was the item in. Have visions of a upside down liam rampant and the Umbro logo being a big 'U'.

I've never used them but they look like a fairly legit company. The quality of shirt can be up and down from what I've seen. I've bought a few NFL jerseys from China before and it was decent quality for a fake.

If it's 6 weeks it'll likely be coming by freight train. It stops a few times in China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus etc. before coming to the UK. I've been given tracking numbers a few times when ordering from China. You might be able to track the train.

I follow them on Twitter and there are plenty positives - pictures of guys wearing the tops they have bought

You'll be alright

As with PL i also bought an NFL jersey and later discovered it was coming from China

They are reliable albeit 4-6 weeks delivery

I bought the 1980 red away top earlier this year which they’ve just put back on sale again!  The quality is good and I’ve no complaints about them, I nearly bought the 78 top they’ve got out just now!

I can’t remember exactly how long delivery took but it definitely didn’t take as long as 6 weeks!

I bought the Aberdeen away top from 83 a couple of months ago, it cane within about 10 days of release, but do order minimum of a size up and they can be quite nippy, I had to return an aberdeen 86 top as it wasn’t the size they stated, which led to my only negative, they seemed to only respond to my complaint about it when I took to twitter to try and get an answer after ignoring several emails and photos I had sent them. 

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I bought the Aberdeen away top from 83 a couple of months ago, it cane within about 10 days of release, but do order minimum of a size up and they can be quite nippy, I had to return an aberdeen 86 top as it wasn’t the size they stated, which led to my only negative, they seemed to only respond to my complaint about it when I took to twitter to try and get an answer after ignoring several emails and photos I had sent them. 

Had a issue with a order which I received no updates after 4 week. Opened a refund case with PayPal and after several emails. They finally decided to send it out and I received the shirt 2 weeks later. 

The guy who runs it has a bad reputation, but remember what he is doing is effectively illegal, hence why he is pretty hard to get hold of.

A lot of football shirt collectors hate him (there is a Welsh shirt collector who has been trying to find him for years, but he is pretty hard to pin point, but knows he lives in the Bristol area, but his website is registered in the Far East somewhere) and he does have a habit of changing his website and social media names every so often when heat starts to come his way.

Edited by wanderer

Their twitter has been closed down, apparently it happens every summer as the kit makers complain about him and force him away. 

Dear Customer,

Twitter have taken our account down. 
This is the 4th account we have lost, and at this time of year the big fish want to sell their new kits, so they target companies like us to make way.

Please rest assured business is as normal and we trust you will continue to support us
We are considering how we approach things from here...we may or may not open a new account.

We will be in touch tomorrow.
Remember. We never give up. This only makes us stronger.

12 hours ago, wanderer said:

The guy who runs it has a bad reputation, but remember what he is doing is effectively illegal, hence why he is pretty hard to get hold of.

A lot of football shirt collectors hate him (there is a Welsh shirt collector who has been trying to find him for years, but he is pretty hard to pin point, but knows he lives in the Bristol area, but his website is registered in the Far East somewhere) and he does have a habit of changing his website and social media names every so often when heat starts to come his way.

The SFA were on his case a few years back after he brought out the 82 home, unsurprisingly they weren’t happy.

• 1 month later...

Wee update on this one - Avoid like the plague.

They sent me a tracking number which didn't work. I phoned DHL and they say that they were due to provide them with a package but didn't bother.

6 emails sent to Aztec Retro in 10 weeks and no response. Emailed Paypal for full refund.

If it's too good to be true....

35 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

Wee update on this one - Avoid like the plague.

They sent me a tracking number which didn't work. I phoned DHL and they say that they were due to provide them with a package but didn't bother.

6 emails sent to Aztec Retro in 10 weeks and no response. Emailed Paypal for full refund.

If it's too good to be true....

He sent out a email last night that his business contact in the Far East has been in hospital recently and he has been unable to process orders from last few weeks.....

In other words someone is coming down hard on him and he is keeping a low profile for the moment before resurfacing under a new name.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Rab The Crab said:

I’ll be surprised if they’re back for long. 
Dunnottar are worth checking out, Scottish based and a hell of a lot more trustworthy.

They've only released one Scotland top so far(90 away)but it’s a belter and they have more planned before playoffs.

https://dunnottar.scot/

Unsure what to make of him.... some of his tops are fantastic (and as close to the original as you will get) but others look like poor DH Gate/Marmaras Flea Market knock off (the amount of detail they put into their Hamilton Accies shirts alone is amazing!)

21 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

I’ll be surprised if they’re back for long. 
Dunnottar are worth checking out, Scottish based and a hell of a lot more trustworthy.

They've only released one Scotland top so far(90 away)but it’s a belter and they have more planned before playoffs.

https://dunnottar.scot/

God, those are awful. The Dons 01/02 away effort is utterly, utterly horrendous