NAT MCGARRY- crook - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

NAT MCGARRY- crook

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Stealing money from an independence group and a food bank, Tory behaviour. 

That's pretty lame.  It's criminal behaviour, nothing more, nothing less.

What other examples of Tories stealing from food banks do you have to back that up?

Just now, aaid said:

That's pretty lame.  It's criminal behaviour, nothing more, nothing less.

What other examples of Tories stealing from food banks do you have to back that up?

None. You know when i said in spirit it was a tongue in cheek comment having a dig at the Tories. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Or you don’t have a sense of humour.

Maybe we’re both right. 

Funny how a lot of your throwaway lines turn out to be "jokes" when you're challenged on them though.

Just now, aaid said:

Funny how a lot of your throwaway lines turn out to be "jokes" when you're challenged on them though.

I don’t think that’s the case. 

I though the “in spirit” made it clear that I wasn’t meaning she was an actual Tory but there you go. 

5 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

the thing  I dont udnerstand is it's reported she showed no remorse.

I don't think we're talking about a nice person here.

Its a mess of a situation.   She sacked her lawyers, plead guilty, then tried to rescind that plea.  Her current position is that she's innocent - hence the lack of any remorse, or at least she can't show remorse as that would be seen as an admission of guilt.

God only knows what's going on.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

Its a mess of a situation.   She sacked her lawyers, plead guilty, then tried to rescind that plea.  Her current position is that she's innocent - hence the lack of any remorse, or at least she can't show remorse as that would be seen as an admission of guilt.

I think it's quite clear.  She's guilty and she's showing no remorse.

Definitely left a mess though.

edited to add: she's obviously been caught red handed.  and she's obviously guilty so why claim otherwise?  if she was genuinely remorseful she'd have plead guilty and stuck to it.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

7 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I think it's quite clear.  She's guilty and she's showing no remorse.

Definitely left a mess though.

edited to add: she's obviously been caught red handed.  and she's obviously guilty so why claim otherwise?  if she was genuinely remorseful she'd have plead guilty and stuck to it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's not guilty, just commenting on what seems to have been going on.  People can draw their own conclusions from her behaviour. 

She's a thieving cow.  As for remorse, well she's probably just got a criminal mentality.

Years ago, in a place I worked, we had a secretary who got away with a 5-figure sum over a few years.  She was putting expense forms in for her department to the petty cash, waiting a few weeks and putting them through again.  Her reaction when she got caught?  "I suppose it was bound to happen one day!"  You'd think butter wouldn't have melted in the lassie's mouth as well, but as I said - the criminal mentality.

McGarry deserves all she gets.  My S/O to WFI was maybe going straight in that boot's pocket?  Makes me fkin seethe.  I thought it was going towards campaigning material to target that vital demographic.  And as for nicking from folk who didn't have anything to begin with - utterly beneath contempt.

she was one of those that used to #tweetyourtea to all the scottish commentariat as well.  pfff. alright hen..  a sure sign of a look at me psycho.  weird weird folk.

There's a good few SNP people that are so twee they're not real.  That Mhairi Hunter's the same.  Seem to all be addicted to their mobile phones and twitter.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

17 hours ago, aaid said:

There's so much about this case that - pardon the expression - doesn't add up.

Initially I believe WFI were prepared to sort the matter out in-house but she refused and so the police got involved - which leads to where we are now.

Stacking her lawyers then changing her plea, then changing it back - it's insane. Maybe she isn't of sound mind, I don't know, but if not why aren't the people closest to her not looking out for her?

One thing I am sure of is she's a disaster, and a lot of people have suffered as a consequence of this horrible affair.

16 hours ago, PapofGlencoe said:

she was one of those that used to #tweetyourtea to all the scottish commentariat as well.  pfff. alright hen..  a sure sign of a look at me psycho.  weird weird folk.

There's a good few SNP people that are so twee they're not real.  That Mhairi Hunter's the same.  Seem to all be addicted to their mobile phones and twitter.

Oh fuck, aye, I remember that.

It was never just beans on toast she was tweeting pictures of either!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:34 AM, scotlad said:

There's so much about this case that - pardon the expression - doesn't add up.

Initially I believe WFI were prepared to sort the matter out in-house but she refused and so the police got involved - which leads to where we are now.

Stacking her lawyers then changing her plea, then changing it back - it's insane. Maybe she isn't of sound mind, I don't know, but if not why aren't the people closest to her not looking out for her?

One thing I am sure of is she's a disaster, and a lot of people have suffered as a consequence of this horrible affair.

Oh fuck, aye, I remember that.

It was never just beans on toast she was tweeting pictures of either!

Chip butty house of commons cafe ?

On 6/8/2019 at 10:34 AM, scotlad said:

Initially I believe WFI were prepared to sort the matter out in-house ....

That's just as concerning and unbelievable as everything else in this case. And probably just as criminal. 

I have no doubt this sort of thing happens in may organisations and its covered up in house. 

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

what a joke and a waste of time.  she's admitted it.  Bizarre judgement.

I don't think its a straightforwards as it looks.    She initially plead guilty just before the trial was about to go ahead.  Then she sought to change her plea to not guilty before sentencing - which I think anyone is entitled to attempt to do.  The sheriff threw this out and passed sentence.  Hence the appeal.

I'm assuming that the appeal court will make a judgement on whether or not the sheriff was right to summarily sentence her.  If they decide that he wasn't then I imagine there'll be a retrial - not that there actually was a trial but hopefully you get my gist.

Edited by aaid