Car parking - where is best? - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Car parking - where is best?

Cove_Sheep

Found a brilliant parking spot purely by chance about five years ago  and have succesfully used it ever since.

Closer than Kings Park and none of the congestion experienced around those streets after the game.

Perfect for getting back onto the M80 postmatch in a matter of minutes as well.

But if I was to tell you where it was you could pinch it😁

If the car is full, we find parking in the residential area just up from the north stand is easy to get out of. Only costs a £30 penalty, which if split up, can work out £6 each for all day parking. 

Thank me later. 

20 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If the car is full, we find parking in the residential area just up from the north stand is easy to get out of. Only costs a £30 penalty, which if split up, can work out £6 each for all day parking. 

Thank me later. 

Bit of a pisser if they clamp you though.

38 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Bit of a pisser if they clamp you though.

The angle grinder would soon see to that. 

In all seriousness though, I’d be very suspicious of a car was clamped on a residential street for a few hours of being there. 

• 2 months later...

Found last min parking in Kings park for Cyprus game, 15 min walk to ground but was ideal for getting back to Edinburgh. Normally park near to the Old Smiddy pub but as was cutting it fine last time found all spaces taken.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to hampden straight from work in Govan at 4.30pm . Looking to park near the Montford pub up by Asda to get out onto the M74 pronto after the game.  Does this area have parking restrictions. We were gonna walk down to cathcart rd for a curry and a pint but is the Montford any good for food or will it be too busy.