Women's World Cup Finals - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Anyone here who has the cheek to pour scorn on women's football should really have a look at themselves.

We're supporting the least technically gifted Male football team that's ever been. I don't think we have any right to mock anyone in any forms of football. 

Using their logic about not supporting teams because of the standard of play, shouldn't this be a forum for Scottish fans of Belgium, Brasil, Spain, or Germany etc?

One reason you might watch this rather than amateur park football is if you are interested in supporting Scotland.

The World Cup could also be an opportunity to attract new (female) members to the TAMB,  as more women get interested in football

Edited by exile

Just now, exile said:

One reason you might watch this rather than amateur park football is if you are interested in supporting Scotland.

The World Cup could also be an opportunity to attract new (female) members to the TAMB,  as more women get interested in football

Amateur football is still entertaining as well. 

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Using their logic about not supporting teams because of the standard of play, shouldn't this be a forum for Scottish fans of Belgium, Brasil, Spain, or Germany etc?

I'd say so.

It's utterly embarrassing. It's almost 24 hours since we sneaked a win against CYPRUS and yet they feel strong enough to mock ladies football.

1 minute ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'd say so.

It's utterly embarrassing. It's almost 24 hours since we sneaked a win against CYPRUS and yet they feel strong enough to mock ladies football.

To be fair they are probably just as critical as the men’s team. 

But surprised by some of the disparaging comments on here. Technically these lassies are really good. You can’t compare it to men’s football at all because strength and size is such a material factor. 

I’ve been impressed. 

If they get to have an all female commentary team while we are subjected to their boring must have at least three burds rambling on MoTD / Sportscene then fuck your women's world cup your arse. Sexist as fuck. And shit football.

Full-time - 2-1 England. The second half performance was much better than the first - and something that we can build on going into the Japan game. Considerably improved starting point than the 6-0 a couple of years back.

6 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If they get to have an all female commentary team while we are subjected to their boring must have at least three burds rambling on MoTD / Sportscene then fuck your women's world cup your arse. Sexist as fuck. And shit football.

Don't worry you don't need to watch another game, its not compulsory.

Good comeback by Scotland, hopefully they can build upon that and take some confidence from the second half performance.  They started brightly in the first half I just think got the wind taking out of them with the VAR decision but grew in confidence.  Emslie deserved the goal, put in  a really good shift on the right hand side.

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

I’m commenting on football and it was eye watering bad. Horrendous to witness. And people pay money to see it too. Clowns. 

The standard of women's football is not as good as men's but it has improved immensely.  It may never be as a good as mens but so what, it is still entertainment, its still people trying to do their best.  And in this context its about wanting your country to do well.  What bugs me is they'll men who'll come onto this forum and slag off women's football when they are no exactly Messi or Ronaldo themselves.  Funny many male professionals seem to respect the women's game for what it is and yet those who never p[played professionally seem to think its okay to say how shite it is.

8 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Good comeback by Scotland, hopefully they can build upon that and take some confidence from the second half performance.  They started brightly in the first half I just think got the wind taking out of them with the VAR decision but grew in confidence.  Emslie deserved the goal, put in  a really good shift on the right hand side.

The penalty definitely knocked them and were shaken for rest of the half.  Glad they responded and played well second half against simply a better team. Keeping the goal difference to -1 v top seed could be crucial.

The women are obviously hugely proud to represent Scotland and anyone comparing it to the blokes is being a bit churlish. 

Edited by ThistleWhistle

12 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Don't worry you don't need to watch another game, its not compulsory.

I know. The point was why has every male game got to have boring know nothing women commentating whose game is amateur level at best but when they play we get all female commentary no problem blah blah. It is rank hypocrisy. 

Edited by thplinth