Women's World Cup Finals - Page 26 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Think it was a lot later than that tbh. Late 80s I would guess. 

Googled - 1997 it was changed that a keeper could move his feet on the line.

Wow, as late as that. I would not have guessed that. :ok:

The refs are just enforcing the law. If folk aren't happy with that, they should come with a better law. I think the balance is about right and the odds should be heavily in favour of the kick taker. 

On 6/21/2019 at 9:12 AM, McTeeko said:

You’ve mentioned that about three times now yet folk are STILL going on about not being able to move! 🙈

You’re absolutely right though. Keepers ARE allowed to move, as long as they stay on the line. They can run and touch each post if they want providing they don’t move off the line. I have no idea why some are finding it so hard to grasp. It’s always been a rule, nothing has changed except it’s now being enforced a lot more strictly. 

but it is a fad to strictly apply these rules. it will die down and quickly be forgotten and no referee will order a retake when the keeper leaves their line before the ball is kicked.

similar to the goalkeeper holding on to the ball for more than 6 seconds - attacking players used to count and draw it to the ref's attention and quite often the goalkeeper was penalised. this happened for about a month and then no one cared anymore. Keepers now routinely hold on to the ball for more than 10 seconds (unless the rule has changed which I doubt). I know cause sadly I sit there and count!

and then there is kicking the ball away after the referee blows for a foul. again clamped down on zealously for a short period but now happens routinely with no punishment. same with players waving imaginary cards to incite a booking. 

Casey Stoney - Manchester United manager - "I'm questioning the ability of the officials at this tournament"

Another day, another goal that went to VAR and the referee mistakenly gave the goal the green light. The first German goal was a German striker got her head to the ball, a German player was just in front of the keeper, distracting her, and yet it wasn't given as offside.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the officiating is ruining this tournament. The pundits are saying it and the managers are saying it. The contentious decisions are going to VAR, the refs have absolutely no reason to get things wrong. T

7 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

but it is a fad to strictly apply these rules. it will die down and quickly be forgotten and no referee will order a retake when the keeper leaves their line before the ball is kicked.

similar to the goalkeeper holding on to the ball for more than 6 seconds - attacking players used to count and draw it to the ref's attention and quite often the goalkeeper was penalised. this happened for about a month and then no one cared anymore. Keepers now routinely hold on to the ball for more than 10 seconds (unless the rule has changed which I doubt). I know cause sadly I sit there and count!

and then there is kicking the ball away after the referee blows for a foul. again clamped down on zealously for a short period but now happens routinely with no punishment. same with players waving imaginary cards to incite a booking. 

I know what you're saying, but in Scotland's case two were booked for that just as the collapse started.   Rattled.   Ref and players.

On 6/22/2019 at 7:14 AM, Orraloon said:

Wow, as late as that. I would not have guessed that. :ok:

The refs are just enforcing the law. If folk aren't happy with that, they should come with a better law. I think the balance is about right and the odds should be heavily in favour of the kick taker. 

You are wrong. May as well have the keeper standing on his head, such is the difficulty of compliance. The rule is as well balanced as me after ten pints.

Also a bit weird to suspend such a well balanced rule half way through a tournament...

Shat it big time because they know we would have seen a good 3 or 4 red cards for every penalty shoot out. Gutted they weren't as nieve as you. Would have been funny as fuck. 

The rule should be that the keeper may not unreasonably encroach on the kicker in advance of the ball being struck. The reasonableness of any forward movement to be judged by the referee. Simple.

I missed the Scotland Argentina game but when went to see the score, saw it was a draw and Scotland out, but first thought, oh well 3-3 they must have given a good game of it. Then saw the timing of the last goal, then the fact they were 3-0 up, then the penalty and save and retake and VAR and can only imagine the agony. I mean is that not worse than any Scotland (men's) agonising exit?

So I guess if you thought following the women was going to be a escape from the normal underachievement and agony, then nope; while if you are a new fan of the Scotland national team(s), a first ever tournament, then I guess it's welcome to Scotland tournament experience...

I suppose we are not in the habit of having a 3-0 lead to squander in the first place. I think the only time we flirted with that particular kind of disaster was against New Zealand in 82, were were 3-0 up at half time (Dalglish + 2 x John Wark) but then let them back in to 3-2 before putting it to bed with John Robertson then Steve Archibald.   From the archive I see Strachan credited with 3 assists. Souness and Hansen also played, McGrain was captain.  

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

You are wrong. May as well have the keeper standing on his head, such is the difficulty of compliance. The rule is as well balanced as me after ten pints.

Also a bit weird to suspend such a well balanced rule half way through a tournament...

Shat it big time because they know we would have seen a good 3 or 4 red cards for every penalty shoot out. Gutted they weren't as nieve as you. Would have been funny as fuck. 

The rule should be that the keeper may not unreasonably encroach on the kicker in advance of the ball being struck. The reasonableness of any forward movement to be judged by the referee. Simple.

Have they changed the law? I thought they had just decided not to book the goalie if they committed the offence? Could be wrong though. Are the keepers allowed to come off the line now? I don't mind what the law is, just as long as everybody is clear about what has changed.

19 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Have they changed the law? I thought they had just decided not to book the goalie if they committed the offence? Could be wrong though. Are the keepers allowed to come off the line now? I don't mind what the law is, just as long as everybody is clear about what has changed.

They have suspended the part of the law that requires a goalkeeper be booked for committing the offence. As they have realised it is impossible for the goalkeeper to comply with the current rules. And therefore applying the rule would result in multiple red cards per penalty shoot out. Such is the ridiculousness of the rule. 

35 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

A Cameroon player spat on the arm of an England player and yet nothing was done about it.

England scoring was poetic justice.

What's the point of VAR if it's not going to be used? The Cameroonian should've been sent off.

She didn't deliberately spit on her ffs. and it wasn't a backpass either

Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

The England arm was right in front of her face. Either the Cameroonian is blind or she thinks the England player is non-corporeal. 

It was a backpass. The defender knocked it back to the keeper.

she cleared her throat, there was nothing sinister.

It was not a pass back, she tried to control it, mis controlled it and the goalie picked it up, quite rightly, it was a shocking decision.

22 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

The England arm was right in front of her face. Either the Cameroonian is blind or she thinks the England player is non-corporeal. 

It was a backpass. The defender knocked it back to the keeper.

Non-corporeal! Isn't it great to have chripper back? 😂👍

1 hour ago, todd said:

Non-corporeal! Isn't it great to have chripper back? 😂👍

Hes been rather tame but I'm sure his real character will return.

On a side note it shows very poor moderating of the board when people can just re-register as another username when banned. Theres a few on here who do it.

Edited by vanderark14

29 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Can’t believe people are enjoying watching this pish.

15 minutes ago, todd said:

Couldn't agree more but to say so is akin to racism and suggesting that global warming is not being caused by mankind 

Theres a lot of men wo dont seem to be able to handle people watching this. I watched the Scotland games but I couldn't care less about the rest. I wont be watching but I wont be giving a shit if others do.