Women's World Cup Finals - Page 21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

Simply not good enough. 

At 3-1 it was obvious we needed fresh legs on. In fact before that the right back Smith should have been hooked. 

Then to finally throw the sub on with 5 minutes to go and for them to give away the penalty! It was definitely a penalty and I have no idea how the ref took so long to decide that. 

The shenanigans after that kind of proves the ref just wasn't up to it. 

Have to put a large part of the blame for this on Shelley Kerr's head. She should have changed the right back at half time but bottled it. No subs until it was 3-2 was another fuck up. 

If half of the posters on here could see these issues why couldn't Kerr? 

This takes me back about 20 years. A really cruel way to go out. 

The team was clearly starting to tire before Argentina scored their first so goodness knows why the coach didn't make any subs. Even so, I still couldn't see them going to pieces the way they did.

So little injury time though - something stinks there.

On a more positive note, what a great wee footballer Erin Cuthbert is. I wish she had a twin brother!

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

This takes me back about 20 years. A really cruel way to go out. 

The team was clearly starting to tire before Argentina scored their first so goodness knows why the coach didn't make any subs. Even so, I still couldn't see them going to pieces the way they did.

So little injury time though - something stinks there.

On a more positive note, what a great wee footballer Erin Cuthbert is. I wish she had a twin brother!

She plays for Chelsea.  Maybe we could breed her with Billy Gilmour?

5 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Simply not good enough. 

At 3-1 it was obvious we needed fresh legs on. In fact before that the right back Smith should have been hooked. 

Then to finally throw the sub on with 5 minutes to go and for them to give away the penalty! It was definitely a penalty and I have no idea how the ref took so long to decide that. 

The shenanigans after that kind of proves the ref just wasn't up to it. 

Have to put a large part of the blame for this on Shelley Kerr's head. She should have changed the right back at half time but bottled it. No subs until it was 3-2 was another fuck up. 

If half of the posters on here could see these issues why couldn't Kerr? 

Exactly.  We were suddenly looking in trouble so the game should've been broken up with subs.  Once it got to 3-2 it was only going one way and how the fuck the ref even needed VAR to give the penalty was beyond me.  Howard was as near the ball as I was sitting here on my couch.

10 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nationalists like to gloat on Scotland's failure, sort of vindicates they were right and the majority of Scotland was wrong.

Unionists have an acceptance of being second best, and have no real desire or belief that we’ll ever be anything more.

How pathetic is that!?

7 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

She was warned sternley before the penalty was taken not to move of her line and she completely ignored the referees instructions 

7 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

She was warned sternley before the penalty was taken not to move of her line and she completely ignored the referees instructions 

Yes the referee clearly warned her about that. Not only did she dive, but she was off here line before the kick was taken.

As she was yellow carded she would have missed the next match if cautioned again although like the first, the second penalty was poor.

Just heard Rachel Corsie say Scotland were `magnificent' and blaming the decisions therefore totally deflecting from the fact we let a three goal lead slip..

Expect they'll come home to a heroes welcome now.

One point from three games - if this was the mens team they'd be getting slaughtered.

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

8 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

I think this is an area VAR should not be used and it really is stacked against the keeper. The problem with using VAR here is that it means applying the letter of the law rather than the spirit of it. The rule is there to stop keepers running out towards the ball, not to stop the keeper moving half a foot off the line while moving to dive.

I hope the two examples of this we've seen in this tournament are enough for FIFA to see this is a wrong application of VAR. It wasn't used this way in LaLiga all last season so not sure why it's being used like that here

That being said, at 3-0 up with 15 to play it's shouldn't be coming down to a last minute penalty...

Edited by SlamDuncan

27 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Lee Alexander -  "We showed the grit, determination, and bravery that Scottish people have."

No you didn't and no we don't. You showed exactly what we have; a nationwide losing mentality. We have a real problem.

Agree 100%

5 minutes ago, UpTheSlope said:

I honestly don't know what the keeper can do. The rule is to stop keepers being yards off their line rather than what just happened 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Nationalists like to gloat on Scotland's failure, sort of vindicates they were right and the majority of Scotland was wrong.

http://www.andersonataberdeen.com/blog/the-strange-case-of-the-self-loathing-scot