Women's World Cup Finals - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The way the other groups are shaping up 3 points against either Japan or Argentina should see us claim a best 3rd place at least.

Thanks for bringing us back in topic. Sorry getting caught up in political debate. 

I think the women can do it on Friday, and they will have my full support! 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Holy crap! Now I see why we couldn't agree. You're an alt-right supporter. That makes a lot of sense. 

BTW, how do you feel about climate change and the shape of the Earth? 😂

No we do not agree because you are an agitprop-left idiot. But mostly just an idiot.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

No we do not agree because you are an agitprop-left idiot. But mostly just an idiot.

Hahaha now that's harsh. I guess I did struggle through my PhD compared to others, and now I'm filled with imposter syndrome because I'm working at one of the worlds leading academic institutions. I have definitely done many things that would be classed as idiotic in my life, but defending women has never been one of them. 

Anyway, can't we all just get along in support of Scotland? Maybe one day I'll buy you a pint and we can have a big old debate about gender equality. 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

It is not really the thread to get into the details (unpopular opinions better perhaps) but the gender pay gap is pretty much a myth and has been academically known as such for a long time now. Anytime you see anyone deploy it you know they are either ignorant or deceptive.

That guys is an old man in that clip but I have seen him saying it as young man. That is how long this has been known.

You see it being trotted out on TV and by politicians all the time and many for sure know better. 

Drives people crazy so be warned.

12 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Holy crap! Now I see why we couldn't agree. You're an alt-right supporter. That makes a lot of sense. 

BTW, how do you feel about climate change and the shape of the Earth? 😂

More importantly what about transsexuals competing in the Women’s World Cup – Could this be the last tournament without it or is it allowed this time? 

Would you allow it, forbid it or look for a middle ground of a quota of 2 per team elsewise we could just end up with the North Korean men’s team getting tit jobs and tucking it in with spanx?

42 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Thanks for bringing us back in topic. Sorry getting caught up in political debate. 

I think the women can do it on Friday, and they will have my full support! 

All pissing about aside I’ve really enjoyed this tournament.  I started watching Scotland lasses about 4 years ago on Alba and, ashamedly, my main driver was I was bored and thought it would be a laugh.  However, I was soon hooked and have pretty much watched every game on tele since.  In the documentary how bleak looking was the location of their opening away game!!

It may change in the future but their main driver is they really want to play for Scotland and Emslie v England looked like she would run through a brick wall whilst arguably being up against the best fullback in the world.  Compare it to some of the men who’ll drop out at the faintest opportunity because they’ve got a middle of the table clash in the EPL / 3079th Old Firm derby around the corner. 

If, and it is a big if, Scotland can beat Japan the group is then blown wide open as Japan would need to beat England and Argentina couldn’t sit in.  A draw and beating Argentina could mean 2nd and a game v Canada who didn’t look great last night especially compared to France or Germany.  If we lose narrowly v Japan and Argentina don’t beat England a win in the last game would hopefully get us third.  It’s a bit mental but been thinking about this more than who will start v Belgium. 

On 6/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, TAMB2 said:

As requested

This is the original post. Not very specific is it? So how can anything be 'off topic' as long as it is connected to the women's world cup? 

Let see now... is the quality of football on display at the women's world cup relevant to the women's world cup.... hmmm tricky I can see for some but yes I think it might be.

What about the BBC commentary team for the women's world cup is that relevant to the women's world cup... another tricky but one but gosh I think it might be too.

Top level Sportswomen getting equal pay with their male counterparts... well this is the hardest but as it is a hot topic these days and women's football is technically a women's sports am I going to say yes it is relevant to the thread.

Self important cunts strutting around telling others what they can and cant post.

<peterson mode>

You soy-boy cucks might be enjoying your wimmin's fitba now, but you won't be laughing when we're all sent to The Cum Mines of Mars... you libtard idiots!

</peterson mode>

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

This is the original post. Not very specific is it? So how can anything be 'off topic' as long as it is connected to the women's world cup? 

Let see now... is the quality of football on display at the women's world cup relevant to the women's world cup.... hmmm tricky I can see for some but yes I think it might be.

What about the BBC commentary team for the women's world cup is that relevant to the women's world cup... another tricky but one but gosh I think it might be too.

Top level Sportswomen getting equal pay with their male counterparts... well this is the hardest but as it is a hot topic these days and women's football is technically a women's sports am I going to say yes it is relevant to the thread.

Self important cunts strutting around telling others what they can and cant post.

The bit above isn't relevant when you compare it to men's football, which you did,as did a couple of others. 

You really have a wee bee in your bonnet about the positive discrimination thing. 

Did a woman beat you to a job then? Is that the problem?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The bit above isn't relevant when you compare it to men's football, which you did,as did a couple of others. 

You really have a wee bee in your bonnet about the positive discrimination thing. 

Did a woman beat you to a job then? Is that the problem?

Yeah that's it you nailed it.

First off lighten up FFS.

Second of course it is relevant you berk. It was an obvious way to judge what level women's football is currently at. You are tripping over yourself acting the white knight but actually you are just now talking out your arse. So shut your boring hole and let the thread get back to what you thread nazis deem is allowed.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Second of course it is relevant you berk. It was an obvious way to judge what level women's football is currently at. You are tripping over yourself acting the white knight but actually you are just now talking out your arse. So shut your boring hole and let the thread get back to what you thread nazis deem is allowed.

The World cup literally is the highest level womens football is at.  Why are you comparing to men's?  Do you think it's clever? 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

@PapofGlencoe beat me to it. You're talking nonsense and seem to be really wound up about it.

I think it's you that needs to lighten up a wee bit. 

I'm no White Knight, I'm a Blue Hun remember? Not sure if it's you or Phart that uses the line "false equivalency" but comparing mens football to womens is a good example. 

They aren't the same, and has been mentioned by someone else further up the thread, the lack of cynicism in the women's game is both refreshing and enjoyable. 

Maybe you need to have a step back and consider why you have such an emotional reaction to folk disagreeing with you. 

13 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

My girlfriend went to school with Alex Morgan, so I'm a USA women's fan now. EFTER! 

Sadly I got Thailand in the sweep at work, so didn't enjoy the game. 😢

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

@PapofGlencoe beat me to it. You're talking nonsense and seem to be really wound up about it.

I think it's you that needs to lighten up a wee bit. 

I'm no White Knight, I'm a Blue Hun remember? Not sure if it's you or Phart that uses the line "false equivalency" but comparing mens football to womens is a good example. 

They aren't the same, and has been mentioned by someone else further up the thread, the lack of cynicism in the women's game is both refreshing and enjoyable. 

Maybe you need to have a step back and consider why you have such an emotional reaction to folk disagreeing with you. 

Ha ha you were so angry when you posted your first spittley rant you quoted the wrong person. You have been clearly raging from the get go. 

I suggested you 'lighten up' and you come back 'no you need to lighten up'. You are like that thick kid that would answer every slagging with 'but no... you are'.

I am having a good time here (or was until dumb and dumber showed up), not trying to shut anyone up, freedom of speech to all, just shooting the breeze.

Have a nice day.

ps Just curious but what else kind of football can you compare women's' football to then, to gauge its standard other than men's football? As far as I am aware it is the only other football in town. Do any other animals play football other than men? Goat football maybe? Think I saw some elephants once but they had riders. Alien's football? If you say you cant compare women's football to men's football then you are really saying it cannot be compared to anything. Your argument is mince it seems to me. 

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Ha ha you were so angry when you posted your first spittley rant you quoted the wrong person. You have been clearly raging from the get go. 

I suggested you 'lighten up' and you come back 'no you need to lighten up'. You are like that thick kid that would answer every slagging with 'but no... you are'.

I am having a good time here (or was until dumb and dumber showed up), not trying to shut anyone up, freedom of speech to all, just shooting the breeze.

Have a nice day.

ps Just curious but what else kind of football can you compare women's' football to then, to gauge its standard other than men's football? As far as I am aware it is the only other football in town. Do any other animals play football other than men? Goat football maybe? Think I saw some elephants once but they had riders. Alien's football? If you say you cant compare women's football to men's football then you are really saying it cannot be compared to anything. Your argument is mince it seems to me. 

you could compare it to Goats football if you want.  free country.  everyone else can also think it's stupid but you carry on.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

Women play on the same sized pitches with the same sized goals and the same balls (if you know what I mean). They play with the same equipment. They play for the same duration and to the exact same set of rules as men. The refereeing is exactly the same in the men's game as it is the women's. The tactics are the exact same and they are coached the exact same. The physical attributes that are important in the men's game are exactly the same as the women's game. The skills required in the men's game are the exact same as the women's game. In fact just about everything you can think of in the men's game is just as applicable to the women's game. Men and women are also perhaps unsurprisingly physically near the same, two arms, two legs, two eyes etc... About the only key difference is overall strength. So to say you cannot compare womens' football to men's is blatantly ridiculous. The very fact the women's teams can play men's teams and have done so should alone be enough to make you realize you are wrong, as there is no more direct comparison than that.

Men's football is just the yardstick. It does not say women's football is good, bad or whatever. It just measures one thing against the other.

In 20 years you can do the same again and you will no doubt see that women's football relative to men's has risen up the yardstick.

You are too busy being triggered and talking pink hair pish to see that of course.

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Have a nice day.

Oh dear. You really are off on one. 

Would you compare amputee or blind football to international men's football? 

What about walking football? Only a few rule changes so its very similar. 

What about u14 boys? They follow exactly the same rules? 

I know you don't accept making mistakes, being wrong or even alternative views but your argument seems mince to me?