Women's World Cup Finals - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

22 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

The level of moron in this thread is astronomical. 

Cunts patting themselves on the back after arriving at the conclusion that a Male amateur team would beat the woman's. Some of the woman in the Scotland squad are amateurs themselves, you fucking idiots. 

Equal pay...the Scottish girls have already come out to say they are overjoyed with the support from the SFA...whoch probably amounts to 30k over 6mths to let them train full time. Couldnt be further from equal pay and all the girls care about is the opportunity to play for their country. So what is your fucking point caller?

And fuck me women on the telly...they should be back in the kitchen. 

Just focus on the fact that the woman are in the world cup and stop trying to measure your dicks up against them, you bunch of cretins. 

People within the women’s game have asked for pay rises way beyond the revenue their game generates. 

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Doctors, teachers, nurses Asda staff, deserve equal pay between the sexes. Sports, like movie stars, actors, writers etc etc are based on sales, revenue generated, advertising etc They deserve a pro rata split of what the generate, nothing more.

It is not really the thread to get into the details (unpopular opinions better perhaps) but the gender pay gap is pretty much a myth and has been academically known as such for a long time now. Anytime you see anyone deploy it you know they are either ignorant or deceptive.

That guys is an old man in that clip but I have seen him saying it as young man. That is how long this has been known.

You see it being trotted out on TV and by politicians all the time and many for sure know better. 

Drives people crazy so be warned.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Aye and so what? This need for men to constantly undermine and question the legitimacy of women's football is weird 

Especially disappointing is Scotland supporters on a Scotland supporters site who could be supporting Scotland, but slagging off their own side who just made it to their first world cup.

We can have other threads elsewhere for issues of women's pay and women's commentators and diversity generally. Anything goes maybe.   

Women did us proud on Sunday especially second half.

I'll be watching the next game and certainly the pub I was in was well into it.  I think you're I the minority if you're not just enjoying it.

Why folk have to get their backs up and moan when the thing is so positive is really for them.  More energy moaning than enjoying things.  It's great for the countries girls to see this.  And not just for the girls!

There's a Jordan Peterson video on what should be a positive thread now.  This forum's jumped the shark.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

I've watched a few matches so far and I haven't seen the cheating, the diving and the play-acting that you see in the "men's game". No rolling around 15 times like they've been squashed by a tank, etc.

When England got the penalty, I didn't see one Scotland ladies player bark at the referee or the lineswoman. If this was a men's match the ref would've been surrounded by abusive players.

Plus a wee tip for the people not enjoying this tournament: Enjoy it, as we probably won't see a Men's team at a World Cup again in our lifetime.

10 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Sure the focus will turn back to the football when the next game is on. 

Don’t see why multiple topics within the women’s game can’t be in the one thread. 

Macy is entitled to share his opinion no? 

Macy is entitled to his opinion just as people are entitled to question his negativity and his opinions. All he seems to add is "the standard is dreadful". That adds fuck all to the discussion. Although I guess it's an improvement on his usual "the seethe is great" or "these tears taste great"

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Macy is entitled to his opinion just as people are entitled to question his negativity and his opinions. All he seems to add is "the standard is dreadful". That adds fuck all to the discussion. Although I guess it's an improvement on his usual "the seethe is great" or "these tears taste great"

He’s gotten several replies, some quite angry so he’s added something haha.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

Equality and true equality. lol. Let me guess you are the one who knows 'true' equality'.

Equality of Opportunity is what most people will agree with when they think about it... that we will all have an equal chance in life and after that it is up to us.

Equality of Outcome is what you are clearly talking about above... that somehow we must in the end all end up 'equal'. And if we are not you intend to make us so.

oh god somebody has wrote learned jordan peterson.  always cringe when this is passed off as black and white like this.  for people that spend too much time on youtube and not enough time talking to real people (especially women).

16 hours ago, thplinth said:

Those Hope Solo pics are a little more hardcore than I was expecting. More evidence of female privilege. There is no way John Inverdale could get away with doing that and then get invited back as a pundit, no way.

I think these images came from that ‘hack’ of celebrity phones a few years back where quite a few ‘celebs’ got stung.  However, there didn’t seem to be many male targets as far as I am aware which would presume was more down to supply/demand rather than males having their virus protection up to date. 

If there were pictures of John Inverdale with a camera phone within an inch of his @rse hacked then it would be interesting to see the reaction on ‘Points of View’ as a comparison. 

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

oh god somebody has wrote learned jordan peterson.  always cringe when this is passed off as black and white like this.  for people that spend too much time on youtube and not enough time talking to real people (especially women).

He’s arguably got a point though

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I agree – I had a client who had a team of 4 blokes in an ops function that was recruiting for a boss.  They had a couple of internal applicants where a lass was streets ahead.  The week before she was appointed a big HR announcement of basically positive discrimination came out so when she was appointed her credentials were immediately in question from the four beneath her and others in the communication chain; some of who applied for the role.  She left within a year as she felt completely undermined.    

28 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

So that is a couple of ad hominems in a row and one on me as well now. Yeah you are so smart... it shows. I leave it now the arseholes have turned up. Off topic anyway.

18 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

most people do believe in equality of opportunity and that's the point.  but these people concentrate on the minority that don't (usually with daft green hair or something) and blow it up as if all women or minority groups are ravaging for extra.  then start to call into question any discrimination at all.  that the market will sort it all out.  mental.

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So that is a couple of ad hominems in a row and one on me as well now. Yeah you are so smart... it shows. I leave it now the arseholes have turned up. Off topic anyway.

You're absolutely right.  I shouldn't have bitten.  

Positive good thing for our country and there's some drunk at the bar moaning about women getting a bit of a podium for a change.

8 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

most people do believe in equality of opportunity and that's the point.  but these people concentrate on the minority that don't (usually with daft green hair or something) and blow it up as if all women or minority groups are ravaging for extra.  then start to call into question any discrimination at all.  that the market will sort it all out.  mental.

If that’s your interpretation of his post but I don’t think anyone on here hasn’t said that 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

12 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I agree – I had a client who had a team of 4 blokes in an ops function that was recruiting for a boss.  They had a couple of internal applicants where a lass was streets ahead.  The week before she was appointed a big HR announcement of basically positive discrimination came out so when she was appointed her credentials were immediately in question from the four beneath her and others in the communication chain; some of who applied for the role.  She left within a year as she felt completely undermined.    

Okay

If there are empty seats at the women's world cup they could fill them with all the straw men posted on this thread. :wtf:  Astonishing. It actually reminds of the Peterson interview on Channel 4 (with Cathy whatstherface). "So what you are saying is... (states complete opposite of what he is saying)", repeat a million times.  

Something about him it seems that pushes people's buttons big time.

Edited by thplinth

Anyone see the Argentina v Japan game?  Not sure if it is good, bad or indifferent for us.  On the one hand Japan may have got ‘Costa Rica’d’ in that there wasn’t much to scout of Argentina and, unless Argentina manage to do something mental v England, Argenina will need to come out v us to get a win for potential qualification.  On the other Japan will need to beat us or they’ll be left likely needing to beat England to qualify.  Japan looked fairly slow and ponderous from what I saw which was surprising but knowing our luck this’ll have given them a rocket up the arse and will kick them on to the quarters / semis. 

Just now, ThistleWhistle said:

Anyone see the Argentina v Japan game?  Not sure if it is good, bad or indifferent for us.  On the one hand Japan may have got ‘Costa Rica’d’ in that there wasn’t much to scout of Argentina and, unless Argentina manage to do something mental v England, Argenina will need to come out v us to get a win for potential qualification.  On the other Japan will need to beat us or they’ll be left likely needing to beat England to qualify.  Japan looked fairly slow and ponderous from what I saw which was surprising but knowing our luck this’ll have given them a rocket up the arse and will kick them on to the quarters / semis. 

Yeah I saw some of the second half, neither team looked great.

On the basis of that game I don't think Scotland should be fearing either team. Hopefully we can get a decent result on Friday.

As you say though, knowing our luck Japan will come out all guns blazing.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

It is not really the thread to get into the details (unpopular opinions better perhaps) but the gender pay gap is pretty much a myth and has been academically known as such for a long time now. Anytime you see anyone deploy it you know they are either ignorant or deceptive.

That guys is an old man in that clip but I have seen him saying it as young man. That is how long this has been known.

You see it being trotted out on TV and by politicians all the time and many for sure know better. 

Drives people crazy so be warned.

Holy crap! Now I see why we couldn't agree. You're an alt-right supporter. That makes a lot of sense. 

BTW, how do you feel about climate change and the shape of the Earth? 😂