Women's World Cup Finals - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

My ideal solution would be female pundits / commentators for women's football and male ones for men's football. It is not that hard really.

But nooooo, we get them inflicted on us because some tit in the BBC is a tit.  So by fuck they are not getting away scot free when its the other way around. 

You should try talking to a women one day btw, particularly in a social setting, it might change your life.

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Thread was doing fine until you turned up with a skinfull throwing personal abuse around.

No wonder, imagine sitting there greeting about women pundits ffs and equality. Get a fucking grip, you're a miserable old sod. Womens football is inferior to mens football, but who the fuck cares? It's football, it's a world cup and it's summer just enjoy for what it is, you're constantly looking for things that aren't there, you need to relax, it's no good for your health in the long run.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

No wonder, imagine sitting there greeting about women pundits ffs and equality. Get a fucking grip, you're a miserable old sod. Womens football is inferior to mens football, but who the fuck cares? It's football, it's a world cup and it's summer just enjoy for what it is, you're constantly looking for things that aren't there, you need to relax, it's no good for your health in the long run.

And you are a toxic thick cunt who I would not trust to sit the right way around on a toilet. Grow a brain you obnoxious wank.

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Tend to agree with thplinth on this one. The rewards in the women's game should be dictated by market forces.

In the USA (which is where the dissatisfaction seems to be highest) the games are getting crowds roughly equivalent to middle order Scottish Premiership sides. So that would seem to be a rough yardstick on what the top players there should be earning (not factoring in any TV revenue mind you, and let's face it they are unlikely to have a worse negotiator than Neil Doncaster).

So Burnley should be forced to pay less than Rangers or Celtic because of their shite crowds? 

Utterly stupid comparison. 

Burnley leech off of the big teams in the EPL, so why should they be treated equally? 

We currently live in an era of positive discrimination because quite a lot of men think women are somehow inferior and need forced to engage anything other than their cock for thinking. 

If you don't understand this you're an idiot. If you want it abolished you're a sexist. If you don't like that, stop being so stupid. 

On 6/9/2019 at 7:13 PM, vanderark14 said:

Do people not understand that Macy would moan regardless of what he was watching. That guy could win the lottery then receive a blow job from Julia Robert's and he would still fucking moan

A little moaning could be an appropriate response in the circumstances.

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So Burnley should be forced to pay less than Rangers or Celtic because of their shite crowds? 

Utterly stupid comparison. 

Burnley leech off of the big teams in the EPL, so why should they be treated equally? 

We currently live in an era of positive discrimination because quite a lot of men think women are somehow inferior and need forced to engage anything other than their cock for thinking. 

If you don't understand this you're an idiot. If you want it abolished you're a sexist. If you don't like that, stop being so stupid. 

Did you mean to quote me? That's certainly not what I was inferring.

We can't really expect the quality to be great/anywhere near men for a number of reasons. I don't understand slagging them, it's literally the best they can be at the moment. And it's Scotland, and if you're on here so you're clearly a football fan so I don't see why you can't support them. 

• Men have a physical disadvantage over women, they won't be as strong or fast etc. But we need to realise this whilst watching. I don't care that a boys U15 could beat a women's team. They're completely different physically. 
  • There are barely any professional players worldwide. Not sure on the actual number but as far as I am aware there are 12 professional clubs in England and maybe around 20 more in Europe. Assume there are around 12 in North America too. Also read that 83% of WSL players are on less than £18k even as professionals. We also need to realise this, this is the very beginnings of the women's professional game. Its not a career unless you are one of the very very best on the world.
  • Earlier in the 20th Century we virtually banned women's football. The players playing now have no-one to look up to. 

There has been obvious improvement in the women's game and with that comes larger crowds, the media might have to force it a little but they deserve it after after the way the game has been treated over the last 100 years. There are clear glimpses or brilliant play from Scottish players recently - you can tell the potential is there. I think when we see the best teams play against each other we'll see the real quality of top level international women's football and that'll give us an idea of what most team's level could be at in 10-15 years time.  

I feel the sport will grow and I think international football will be at the forefront - that's where the media attention will be and where they'll get the big crowds. I think as international football fans this will be exciting for us. 

Honestly, who gives a flying rat's arse what level of male side would beat the women's team?  You're not comparing like with like and never will be.  I'd back myself to score 5 penalties out of 5 against any women goalie and I'd likely need a fkin oxygen tank to get me through the run-up.

Check out the move 3 minutes in.  The initial pass is absolutely outstanding no matter who makes it - inch perfect and beautifully weighted.  Not bad at all from the 3 others in the move as well.

4 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Honestly, who gives a flying rat's arse what level of male side would beat the women's team?  You're not comparing like with like and never will be.  I'd back myself to score 5 penalties out of 5 against any women goalie and I'd likely need a fkin oxygen tank to get me through the run-up.

Check out the move 3 minutes in.  The initial pass is absolutely outstanding no matter who makes it - inch perfect and beautifully weighted.  Not bad at all from the 3 others in the move as well.

I think it’s mainly highlighted when people say the women team should be paid closer to what the men are. 

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I see exactly what you're saying, but the classic problem is the difference between equality and true equality.

Imagine a fence that's too high for people to see over. If you're being equal, you give everyone the same stool to stand on. However, the short areses (like myself) still won't be able to see over. To create true equality you give everyone a stool that will raise them all to the same height and let them all see over. 

I know this is a bullshit example, but please try and see the analogy. Women will never be as good as men at football at the very top level, so if we want to create true equality we have to start helping them out a bit more. Maybe let them be a pundit on TV or earn as much as a man without having a fucking cry wank about it. That would be a good start. I mean Jesus Christ, Scots women are only just turning professional now in an era where men are getting paid more in a week than I get in a whole year and you're already panicking that they will earn the same as men? Try and focus on some real problems. 

Where is the line in the sand though?

Can I get a 50m head start in the 100m Olympics final. Do thick deserve a doctors salary just to even things up. Do Kenyans have to run with a weighted backpack in marathons to give others a chance.

I watch fitba, Scotland rugby, Grand Slam Tennis, Ryder Cup and the occasional Golf Major. But I have no interest in women sport, of any kind, Id say the last women sport I paid any attention to was the Curling about a decade ago.

Doctors, teachers, nurses Asda staff, deserve equal pay between the sexes. Sports, like movie stars, actors, writers etc etc are based on sales, revenue generated, advertising etc They deserve a pro rata split of what the generate, nothing more.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Can I get a 50m head start in the 100m Olympics final. Do thick deserve a doctors salary just to even things up. Do Kenyans have to run with a weighted backpack in marathons to give others a chance.

I watch fitba, Scotland rugby, Grand Slam Tennis, Ryder Cup and the occasional Golf Major. But I have no interest in women sport, of any kind, Id say the last women sport I paid any attention to was the Curling about a decade ago.

Doctors, teachers, nurses Asda staff, deserve equal pay between the sexes. Sports, like movie stars, actors, writers etc etc are based on sales, revenue generated, advertising etc They deserve a pro rata split of what the generate, nothing more.

And the equal pay shite is largely a myth and used by folk for political reasons. 

The coverage for women’s football is unnecessarily patronising I find. You can’t guilt or force more folk into enjoying it. It will naturally find its audience. 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Did you mean to quote me? That's certainly not what I was inferring.

Nope, think it was Thplinth that was the target but didn't watch what I was doing. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Equality and true equality. lol. Let me guess you are the one who knows 'true' equality'.

Equality of Opportunity is what most people will agree with when they think about it... that we will all have an equal chance in life and after that it is up to us.

Equality of Outcome is what you are clearly talking about above... that somehow we must in the end all end up 'equal'. And if we are not you intend to make us so.

I definitely have no idea about true equality haha. I'm a middle-class white guy from the western world who works at one of the most snooty organisations on Earth! What I referred to as true equality is more commonly referred to as equity. 

I don't belive we all have equal opportunities, and I certainly don't believe we will end all end up equal. However, I do believe we can all do our little bit to show support for people who do not have the same opportunities as us, so that we can help bring society towards equity. 

It's OK if we disagree on this. I'm not saying my opinion is the correct one. There are many schools to thought that suggest we just let the strongest members of society thrive and everyone else can just try and deal with it.

I understand your point that women at the top level of sport cannot compete physically with men. That's hard to argue against. What I don't get is that you can't seem to understand that a woman could match a man mentally when it comes to analysis of the game. 

Anyone can have valid opinions about the game, but a professional woman footballer showing hers on MOTD can help inspire a generation of young women and change some outdated opinions among men, whereas just another bloke who used to play cannot make that change.

43 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Dude, male sports stars and actors generate more of the revenue because the system is inherently biased towards men. That's the issue! Don't you see its a catch-22 for the women in this scenario. 

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Dude, male sports stars and actors generate more of the revenue because the system is inherently biased towards men. That's the issue! Don't you see its a catch-22 for the women in this scenario. 

Or more people prefer to watch male dominated sports. 

This year the ladies French tennis open was way more entertaining than the male equivalent, which included two teenager in the semi-finals and a first time am winner.

Everyone knew that Nadal was going to win the men's. 

Plus, with ladies football, the more that Hope Solo is on screen the better.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nope, think it was Thplinth that was the target but didn't watch what I was doing. Sorry. 

No worries, cheers for clearing that up.  Years of marriage have hardened me to unprovoked and extraneous verbal assaults, but that one threw me.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Have you seen the plight of some of the goals? It’s a dreadful standard.

Aye and so what? This need for men to constantly undermine and question the legitimacy of women's football is weird 

6.1m people tuned in to watch the Scotland v England match. 

Too many on here are making the mistake of comparing this to mens professional football. The minute you do that you fail. Then we the others who tune in with a closed mind, slag off the standard yet continue to watch it. Why bother? 

Here's a question, when people go to watch amateur games or even junior games do you expect a high standard? So why expect it from the womens game which is very much in its infancy. 

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

Aye and so what? This need for men to constantly undermine and question the legitimacy of women's football is weird 

Spot on

As someone else alluded to he apparently supports berwick where I assume the standard is pretty fucking shite. 

The truth is he doesn't like it and doesn't want to enjoy it because its women and not men. 

The level of moron in this thread is astronomical. 

Cunts patting themselves on the back after arriving at the conclusion that a Male amateur team would beat the woman's. Some of the woman in the Scotland squad are amateurs themselves, you fucking idiots. 

Equal pay...the Scottish girls have already come out to say they are overjoyed with the support from the SFA...whoch probably amounts to 30k over 6mths to let them train full time. Couldnt be further from equal pay and all the girls care about is the opportunity to play for their country. So what is your fucking point caller?

And fuck me women on the telly...they should be back in the kitchen. 

Just focus on the fact that the woman are in the world cup and stop trying to measure your dicks up against them, you bunch of cretins. 

39 minutes ago, Mox said:

Bacause they are below average males deserately trying to convince themselves that a woman couldnt possibly play professional football, while they can barely tie their own shoes without getting out of breath. 

So long as they can hold onto the lie that they could probably beat the woman's team, if they really wanted to, they cling onto the illusion of adequacy. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo