Women's World Cup Finals - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Do people not understand that Macy would moan regardless of what he was watching. That guy could win the lottery then receive a blow job from Julia Robert's and he would still fucking moan

“I had to pay so much more in tax and she’s aged since Pretty Women”

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Do people not understand that Macy would moan regardless of what he was watching. That guy could win the lottery then receive a blow job from Julia Robert's and he would still fucking moan

Have you seen the clip of her? Ffs, what a terrible example to pull out the hat. 

Lets be totally honest here, do any of you really enjoy split arses football? If you do you either have extremely poor self esteem, are a liar or batting for the other team and cling to the sport for equality reasons. 

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Have you seen the clip of her? Ffs, what a terrible example to pull out the hat. 

Lets be totally honest here, do any of you really enjoy split arses football? If you do you either have extremely poor self esteem, are a liar or batting for the other team and cling to the sport for equality 

You're not being honest  you're being ignorant and quite stupid too.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Anyone here who has the cheek to pour scorn on women's football should really have a look at themselves.

We're supporting the least technically gifted Male football team that's ever been. I don't think we have any right to mock anyone in any forms of football. 

New name, same old pish. 

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

New name, same old pish. 

So, you're another piece of the misogynist mob?

Good to know.

We're witnessing the worst ever Male Scotland side in history (that is not hyperbole ) and yet people have the brass neck to diss women's version of the game.

Ah well, if they think misdirection works then fair enough.

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

So, you're another piece of the misogynist mob?

Good to know.

We're witnessing the worst ever Male Scotland side in history (that is not hyperbole ) and yet people have the brass neck to diss women's version of the game.

Ah well, if they think misdirection works then fair enough.

I certainly am not, Chripper.

I have no problem with women's football.

It’s your sanctimonious pish I can’t be annoyed with. You know, all the shit that got you banned from here?

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

Really annoying at the end with the lack of urgency. 2-1 down and passing amongst the defenders in injury time.

I think we've got a chance in the other two matches but Japan are meant to be a good team. 

England are meant to be fantastic (if you listen to the English media anyway!) so I think we have a good chance against Japan.

I think we always had to beat Japan to stand a chance of getting out the group so not much has changed. 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

I’m commenting on football and it was eye watering bad. Horrendous to witness. And people pay money to see it too. Clowns. 

What utter shite you spout. You're one miserable negative arsehole. 

If you think amateur football is at that level you must be pished. I've seen enough and played it enough. 

The women's game is different to the men's due to the different attributes but the skill level on show tonight was far superior. 

Now fuck off and whine about Neil Lennons appointment and the shite transfer targets he's after. I'm assuming this is your attitude as it seems to fit your profile. 👍

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

If they get to have an all female commentary team while we are subjected to their boring must have at least three burds rambling on MoTD / Sportscene then fuck your women's world cup your arse. Sexist as fuck. And shit football.

Burds? Intelligently argued your point there, didn't you. 

I watched the Scotland Jamaica game, and thought the standard was dismal, didn't see todays game.

I don't really see the point of being overly critical of it though, they are the best that they can be, and seem to be improving all the time. Comparisons to the mens game will always be made, but its pretty pointless, Id guess that most junior teams would win at a canter.

Hopefully we can do the business in the next two games, would be brilliant to qualify for the knock out games, something that the men have never done.

I do believe that the issue of sexual equality in the sport is ridiculous however. The BBC had a game as the main story, at the same time Wales were playing against Croatia, thats just absolute nonsense. I read that an ex player believes in same wages, again, thats just ridiculous, wages come from sponsorship, attendances etc, when women games can see out stadiums at full prices, have similar income streams as the mens game, then they would of course deserve equal pay.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

England are meant to be fantastic (if you listen to the English media anyway!)

The BBC do my head in with their MIGHTY LIONESSES!!!! worship.

I thought Scotland were the better team until the VAR disruption and the dodgy penalty it threw up. The rest of the first half England were dominant but not 'brilliant' or 'superb' as the BBC pundits were calling. Scotland definitely the better team after the break. Really impressed with Claire Emslie who looks like she'd run through a brick wall for Scotland. OK, she's not as fast as male players but that's the kind of attitude I want in a Scotland player.

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I do believe that the issue of sexual equality in the sport is ridiculous however. The BBC had a game as the main story, at the same time Wales were playing against Croatia, thats just absolute nonsense. I read that an ex player believes in same wages, again, thats just ridiculous, wages come from sponsorship, attendances etc, when women games can see out stadiums at full prices, have similar income streams as the mens game, then they would of course deserve equal pay.

I think Toni Duggan talks a lot of sense on the issue here...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/toni-duggan-equality-footballl-england-barcelona-womens-world-cup

I've watched the last  few women's games and have quite enjoyed them. 

The standard may obviously be below the men's game, but that isn't the point. 

We don't say that Laura Muir is rubbish, because she isn't as fast as Mo Farah or refuse to support Hannah Miley because she isn't David Wilkie......

Lets just get behind them for what that are...extremely proud Scots that are trying to put their country on the map on the world stage. 

3 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

I've watched the last  few women's games and have quite enjoyed them. 

The standard may obviously be below the men's game, but that isn't the point. 

We don't say that Laura Muir is rubbish, because she isn't as fast as Mo Farah or refuse to support Hannah Miley because she isn't David Wilkie......

Lets just get behind them for what that are...extremely proud Scots that are trying to put their country on the map on the world stage. 

Well said.