Women's World Cup Finals - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Women's World Cup Finals

TAMB2

7 minutes ago, Bino's said:

They got humped by England at the euros

They did indeed, although that was a weaker Scotland team without the injured Little and Beattie.  I'd say we are better organised tactically under Shelley Kerr now as well.

Of couse it could go pear shaped again on Sunday but I do think it will be a closer game than 2017.

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

They did indeed, although that was a weaker Scotland team without the injured Little and Beattie.  I'd say we are better organised tactically under Shelley Kerr now as well.

Of couse it could go pear shaped again on Sunday but I do think it will be a closer game than 2017.

Yeah 3 out of the 11 that started the 6-0 game are likely to start on Sunday. 

50 minutes ago, Catchart Circle said:

I fear this is being overhyped by our own media.

Actually reminds me of the days of Ally Army and there is a danger results could go the same way.

21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not just the media...

9951405.jpg

If you think this is hype wait until the men qualify for something. 

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I think there's probably a big difference between the sides

11 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

I fear this is being overhyped by our own media.

Actually reminds me of the days of Ally Army and there is a danger results could go the same way.

I was listening to an English radio station the other night and they were saying that whilst they thought England would probably win the Scotland game, they were genuinely worried about dropping at least two points, mainly because Scotland have goals in them. 

I had no idea what the quality of the Scotland team was, but they were saying that we were probably in the top eight teams. No real chance of winning the tournament, but certainly one of the better teams. 

55 minutes ago, Stapes said:

I had no idea what the quality of the Scotland team was, but they were saying that we were probably in the top eight teams. No real chance of winning the tournament, but certainly one of the better teams. 

Flattering comment but I'd doubt we're in the top 10. Current FIFA ranking is 20.

We do have a lot of threat going forward but I'm more worried defensively. 

Will be delighted to be proved wrong though :)

58 minutes ago, Stapes said:

I was listening to an English radio station the other night and they were saying that whilst they thought England would probably win the Scotland game, they were genuinely worried about dropping at least two points, mainly because Scotland have goals in them. 

I watched the game, 1st half, a couple of years ago

The English birds were bigger, physically stronger and just overwhelmed Scotland giving them a humping

Unless the new players are all a lot bigger, can't see a draw anyway

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

Flattering comment but I'd doubt we're in the top 10. Current FIFA ranking is 20.

We do have a lot of threat going forward but I'm more worried defensively. 

Will be delighted to be proved wrong though :)

Pretty much my thoughts on the game too. Not sure our keeper is at the level required. 

Still be watching and supporting them with that typical Scottish fans hope. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Sat down to watch the match. It's an all female panel, I'm complaining to the BBC.😉

Unfortunately the commentator will be male.

Looks like we're going with wee Erin up front herself.