Ticket sales picking up - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket sales picking up

hamilton wanderer

29 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Poorly worded but I expect the online sales stop at the point that they can't post them out in time for the match. 

You could still buy them online until midnight last night then pick them up at Hampden today. 

Not sure why the cut off was last night. Midday today would’ve made more sense. 

10 minutes ago, sjd1972 said:

What happened to Maxwell’s suggestion that people could order tickets online and then print them off at home as you can do for concerts?  

That will take time and money as they’ll need to have scanners at the turnstiles to make sure people aren’t trying to get in with photocopies. 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, ErsatzThistle said:

Is that wallpaper song guy still on the go ? He always seemed desperate to find a TV crew he could act the fud in front of. Not cool.

Wallpaper Ricky, Tartan Army legend and a real character. Almost certainly Scotlands number one fan since he has been travelling since the 1960s, far longer than most. He would never make the claim of course and he's not one of those who adds up the matches he has attended unlike some who think it's something to boast about.

Not everybodys cup of tea right enough. He was poorly in Mexico and spent two days in his hotel bed - he's in his mid 70s.

Heard he was poorly in a private ward a month or so ago so don't expect to see him in Brussels.

Wishing him a healthy recovery.

1 hour ago, Catchart Circle said:

He would never make the claim of course and he's not one of those who adds up the matches he has attended unlike some who think it's something to boast about.

A very unassuming character. As far as I was aware he was still working quite recently so he could follow Scotland abroad. Ricky will have forgotten more games he’s been too than he can remember 

An absolute gentleman 

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Poorly worded but I expect the online sales stop at the point that they can't post them out in time for the match. 

Agreed - and that may be the case - but there's no reason they couldn't keep selling them online for collection in person. OK unless the whole collection business has to be done with a planned set of tickets and they don't want more being added to the pile during the day. So I guess there must be operational reasons but they should never imply tickets not available for sale when they are.