Ticket sales picking up - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket sales picking up

hamilton wanderer

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

7.45pm, but your point still stands

Its pretty desperate

Yeah I knew it was 7.45pm as i'm going :lol: - i was meaning if the kick-off was at 3.00pm it would generate a bigger crowd, 7.45pm on a Saturday night is a pish KO time (I probably could have worded it slightly better though)

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What's that got to do with a match between Scotland and Cyprus ?

Anything to boost the feelgood factor fae where it was tae where it can be is a good thing I think. 

If 10, 100, 1000 or more decide to buy a ticket on the back of any feelgood factor whether a new manager or just a bit pished and were reminded how they feel about seeing the auld enemy pumpted & reminds them of how they used to feel about Scotland it's fine as I see it.

I'm taking my wee lad to his 1st Scotland game(he'll  struggle tae even see the pitch standing up in the 1st row)& wee lassie tae her 3rd. I'm mair desperate for a result and support than normal after following us all around for decades without much back for ma bairns' experience and feelings.

Kids are young but they ken that yer Club is yer Club and yer Country is yer Country.

5 minutes ago, Haggis Pakora for currency said:

Anything to boost the feelgood factor fae where it was tae where it can be is a good thing I think. 

If 10, 100, 1000 or more decide to buy a ticket on the back of any feelgood factor whether a new manager or just a bit pished and were reminded how they feel about seeing the auld enemy pumpted & reminds them of how they used to feel about Scotland it's fine as I see it.

You go to a Scotland game to support Scotland and that's it. Not to gloat about another nation whom we are not even playing.

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You go to a Scotland game to support Scotland and that's it. Not to gloat about another nation whom we are not even playing.

Aye. That's how we will do it on Saturday. 

Don't think you get my point. I'm hopeful we have a better feeling for any reason regardless of what it is, a bigger crowd boosted for whatever reason and a better experience all round that help us move forward in more possitive way after being so fkn low. On top of that I've the bairns' feelings to consider. Do you get any of that bud?

2 minutes ago, Haggis Pakora for currency said:

Aye. That's how we will do it on Saturday. 

Don't think you get my point. I'm hopeful we have a better feeling for any reason regardless of what it is, a bigger crowd boosted for whatever reason and a better experience all round that help us move forward in more possitive way after being so fkn low. On top of that I've the bairns' feelings to consider. Do you get any of that bud?

Not really no.

7 hours ago, Haggis Pakora for currency said:

Self policing isn't as hard for us and that's to be respected,appreciated and continued.

We don't self police very well, given the folk that go to every away game and act like utter fannies flashing their knobs to all and sundry.

You know the people I mean.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We don't self police very well, given the folk that go to every away game and act like utter fannies flashing their knobs to all and sundry.

Is that wallpaper song guy still on the go ? He always seemed desperate to find a TV crew he could act the fud in front of. Not cool.

There is no wonder we struggle to attract attendances these days...the fans have taken an absolute kicking for the past 20 years. 20 years of utter failure, after failure added to the whimsical way that our players have pulled out of squads and the ambivalence of the SFA towards it, its no wonder the general support for the team is at a low ebb.

A few decent results/performances, alongside a robust team selection and squad management, should see some bridges being built, but I can't blame anyone who has fallen away from attending matches.

19 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

Yeah I knew it was 7.45pm as i'm going :lol: - i was meaning if the kick-off was at 3.00pm it would generate a bigger crowd, 7.45pm on a Saturday night is a pish KO time (I probably could have worded it slightly better though)

Disagree. I think it's a fucking ace time.
It seems some folk will moan about any time that isn't Saturday at 3pm.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

100% correct. England's arseholes fight. Ours expose themselves and try and become the centre of attention.

22 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Is that wallpaper song guy still on the go ? He always seemed desperate to find a TV crew he could act the fud in front of. Not cool.

Last away game I did was Albania and I never saw him but we generally avoid the kind of places he'd frequent!

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

100% correct. England's arseholes fight. Ours expose themselves and try and become the centre of attention.

England's arseholes fight.  Ours fight to expose their arseholes!

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

The 7:45pm kick-off doesn't bother me too much but it's not ideal for a Saturday.  I think it will negatively impact the attendance as it's just more difficult to get home after the match.  

I think we will do well to get 20,000.  We've been rubbish for years, especially since Strachan left.  This campaign is already looking doomed.  We are playing Cyprus.  Clarke is a good appointment football-wise but he's not a big name that will get bums on seats (not that I think we should be making appointments on that basis).

There seems to be a lot taking their kids for the first time which is great.  I'm taking 2 of mine for the first time.  

21 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The 7:45pm kick-off doesn't bother me too much but it's not ideal for a Saturday. 

Surely it's the very best day for a 7:45pm kick off?

No work that day = plenty time to get there
No school the next day = No need to worry about late night for kids
No work next day for most people = No need to worry about late night

I dunno what planet some folk live on.

Edited by Parklife

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Surely it's the very best day for a 7:45pm kick off?

No work that day = plenty time to get there
No school the next day = No need to worry about late night for kids
No work next day for most people = No need to worry about late night

I dunno what planet some folk live on.

Was going to text you and ask if you were going mate?

35 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The 7:45pm kick-off doesn't bother me too much but it's not ideal for a Saturday.  I think it will negatively impact the attendance as it's just more difficult to get home after the match.  

I think we will do well to get 20,000.  We've been rubbish for years, especially since Strachan left.  This campaign is already looking doomed.  We are playing Cyprus.  Clarke is a good appointment football-wise but he's not a big name that will get bums on seats (not that I think we should be making appointments on that basis).

There seems to be a lot taking their kids for the first time which is great.  I'm taking 2 of mine for the first time.  

Surely a Saturday is ideal for 745 rather than a midweek or Sunday?

I havent seen this guy in action thankfully.

And this isnt directed specifically at your comment Tartan_McCole either.

But I agree with Squirrelhumper, in general we arent great at policing ourselves and the attitude"...he's harmless and having fun" is usually why.

We may not go around kicking off and throwing bottles etc. as seen in Portugal this week, but many still get away with things they wouldnt anywhere else in public under the guise

of just having fun in a kilt.

13 hours ago, Haggis Pakora for currency said:

Just to add what else I meant is I'm proud of how we support compared to how engand fans support and react.

Self policing isn't as hard for us and that's to be respected,appreciated and continued.

Our support is pretty grim now, there is probably more atmosphere on the moon than there is at Scotland home and away games the last couple of years. England, by contrast, actually make a pretty good racket in the stadium. How some of their young arseholes behave outside it is a different matter.