Anyone else buzzing for new era under Clarke? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone else buzzing for new era under Clarke?

Bonny79

I think we have a proper coach and in my view our best since Walter Smith, I think we are only going to have him for three years, I firmly believe we will be at the EURO's and we need a favorable group to have any hope of being at the World Cup in 2022.  Is there any word on when the World Cup draw will take place now?  It looks like there is only going to be 13 spots available for UEFA.  I hope the draw happens on the 17th of July as originally planned.  Right now we are ranked 26th in Europe which has us in pot 3.  

14 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I think we have a proper coach and in my view our best since Walter Smith, I think we are only going to have him for three years, I firmly believe we will be at the EURO's and we need a favorable group to have any hope of being at the World Cup in 2022.  Is there any word on when the World Cup draw will take place now?  It looks like there is only going to be 13 spots available for UEFA.  I hope the draw happens on the 17th of July as originally planned.  Right now we are ranked 26th in Europe which has us in pot 3.  

17th July?   Where did u see that

I saw it referenced from a FIFA site, but this was postponed until they decided if they were going to expand the World Cup.  Now we know it wont be expanded, I wonder if they will hold to the original schedule.  

13 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I saw it referenced from a FIFA site, but this was postponed until they decided if they were going to expand the World Cup.  Now we know it wont be expanded, I wonder if they will hold to the original schedule.  

We will draw England 

15 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Wednesday is odd day for it. 

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

It's a positive appointment but experience would tell you not to get your hopes up too much. If he can win us the play off and get us to the euros then I will be happy.

You ll be happy?   Imagine that making u happy lol

Just now, Bonny79 said:

I think I would lose my fuckin mind if we qualified for Euro 2020. Right now I'd take just not being an embarrassment anymore. No matter what happens, I hope Clarke gets the team to a point where at the end of the campaign we absolutely crush Kazakhstan at Hampden. It's time to remind the footballing world we are not a joke. I haven't felt that since 2007.

1 hour ago, Bonny79 said:

Happy in terms of the Scotland football team then yes. Have I been missing something here, I have only witnessed Scotland at two tournaments in my lifetime and those were when I was a kid. We haven't made a tournament in over 20 years and getting to the euros would be a massive boost to the team and would remove the curse of us not qualifying. Perhaps you can tell me what your expectations are bearing in mind the past 20 years of failure.

12 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Happy in terms of the Scotland football team then yes. Have I been missing something here, I have only witnessed Scotland at two tournaments in my lifetime and those were when I was a kid. We haven't made a tournament in over 20 years and getting to the euros would be a massive boost to the team and would remove the curse of us not qualifying. Perhaps you can tell me what your expectations are bearing in mind the past 20 years of failure.

You know this is the same guy as Bonny78 don’t you? 

5 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Post as soon as u hear. 

3 minutes ago, Bonny79 said:

Eh?  Didn't get 2nd account till needed it. No. Trolling.  

It was a joke because multiple accounts are against the rules. Can’t believe I’m having to explain this.

You’ve been trolling this place for years. You must have done something really bad to get banned?

Guest ElChris04

Haven’t been this buzzing for the Scotland national team in forever, honestly Believe the guy can lead us to where we have failed the last 20 odd year. Said it before, roll on Cyprus. 

Edited by ElChris04

5 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It was a joke because multiple accounts are against the rules. Can’t believe I’m having to explain this.

You’ve been trolling this place for years. You must have done something really bad to get banned?

I don't have multiple accounts cause am banned.