Starting XI vs Cyprus - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting XI vs Cyprus

csinclair

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Did anyone actually think this was going to be a good tie or performance. I was fully expecting the nervous first half like we saw and a slow performance from the players 

I was asking for 3 points and we almost have it. We have adapted as we have gone on. 

Just now, romanticscot said:

I was asking for 3 points and we almost have it. We have adapted as we have gone on. 

3 points was all I wanted tonight. It's going to take time to see a team with confidence. I thought most would feel the same.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Clarke needs to do something about the defending and the lack of imagination from set pieces.

Corners need work too. Too many went straight into the keepers hands

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

3 points was all I wanted tonight. It's going to take time to see a team with confidence. I thought most would feel the same.

Totally agree with you. 

Some folk are just looking to moan about everything. 

Just now, macy37 said:

Fraser and Forrest very good again tonight. Thought McKenna wasn’t too shabby either. 

McGregor and Robertson were both very good. I cant think of anyone who deserves to be criticised tonight. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Thought we did okay. 

Yeah, happy with that. Seemed to be a much better structure then previous games.

Was never got to be anything other a bit of a slog imo.

Still issues, but less than after a normal Scotland game.

9 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I thought McGregor was so so. McGinn our best player on the night.

Really??

I thought McGinn was largely anonymous..... again.

I thought we done pretty decent. Good structure. Controled the game. Cyprus are a team id expect us to beat but are no walk overs and thats exactly how it went.

Still a few things to work on. Defending set pieces. And bit more decisive in the final third.  We created chances. Fraser and SOD probably should both have scored. It made a difference when we had the hieght and speed of Burke when he came on. 

Confidence is key, and wins build confidence. Negative idiots who just want to put the team down no matter what dont help. I think some of them want aston villa and Kilmarnock players to play like Barcelona or Man City. 

Solid structure and good organisation is so important in international football. Thats where teams like iceland and northern Ireland have playd above them selves and if thats the way we are going im happy with it. 

Great goal from Robbo and a good 3 points to build on 

Edited by HandofRhod

2 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

True, but he’ll keep getting better. 

Hope so, no mair moments Tuesday would be a start

That was huge tonight, a draw against that at the start of a new era would have been another disaster

Just now, Bino's said:

Hope so, no mair moments Tuesday would be a start

That was huge tonight, a draw against that at the start of a new era would have been another disaster

McGinn is exactly the type of player we need on Tuesday, someone that won’t allow us to be bullied. McTominay will start as well, I’d imagine.