Lennon new Celtic manager - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lennon new Celtic manager

Dunno. Some perspective needed here maybe?

What did you expect the board to do immediately after achieving the 3x3??

I expect this is choreography by them and in reality they'll be looking at other options.

Lennon's pure Celtic so he'll play along with it, but he'll know that they are looking at a Rafa or Ranieri behind the scenes.

14 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Cheap option made on emotion.

We've been rank since he came in and some of the stories off we've heard about what it was like last time he was in charge are worrying. 

Big summer and we've just made our first mistake. 

He left on very bad terms with a number of "behind the scenes" people at Celtic didn't he ? 

His work on the training ground is supposed to be dreadful - lazy and simplistic. 

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He left on very bad terms with a number of "behind the scenes" people at Celtic didn't he ? 

His work on the training ground is supposed to be dreadful - lazy and simplistic. 

That's what I've read.

Some of the stuff RD came out with about the fitness levels was very telling. 

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Apart from appointing walking disaster Moyes, this decision was the one Rangers would hope for.

There was not a lot of demand from the Celtic fans for Lennon to return permanently either.

Cheap and cheerful from Celtic.

Rangers?? They should start worrying about paying their debt before worrying about who is the next manager of Celtic..

Dreadful mistake. Rangers will be boosted by this news.

Celtic have been very poor since February with only one or maybe two really great performances. The rest have been between mediocre and just about acceptable with some rotten chucked in for luck.

We've limped across the line in the league and were very unconvincing today. Hearts could’ve taken the cup back along the M8 but for a couple of mistakes. We created next to nothing all afternoon.

I was actually thinking it was the ideal situation today at full time, treble treble in the bag but with such an unconvincing performance at least the board would see one final clear solid reason not to offer Lennon the job.

Massive error, the cheap option, which has just given Rangers the shot in the arm they needed before a penny is spent.

I fully expect us to penny pinch again in the summer and for Lennon not to challenge this.

Rangers will really fancy their chances now. If they get off to a strong start next season and Celtic a slow one.... the difference in 'hunger' will be massive. The huns have so much bottled up GIRFUY in them it is coming out their ears. If Celtic give them a chance I suspect they will take it.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Not a good appointment however we’ll still win the league . That’s how far ahead of the rest we are. The chasing clubs will remain in our shadow despite this appointment.

Wishful thinking kid.  Gerrard and Lennon can't even be compared.  That will be the deciding factor next season.  Gerrard is a a few classes above and the Celtic supporters like yourself know that.  Hence the wailing.  I thought you were all Neil Lennon.  Only when it suits it seems.  Poor guy will be affected by the negativity from the support which is even better for the Gers.  Happy Sunday.  We are all Neil Lennon!

57 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Wishful thinking kid.  Gerrard and Lennon can't even be compared.  That will be the deciding factor next season.  Gerrard is a a few classes above and the Celtic supporters like yourself know that.  Hence the wailing.  I thought you were all Neil Lennon.  Only when it suits it seems.  Poor guy will be affected by the negativity from the support which is even better for the Gers.  Happy Sunday.  We are all Neil Lennon!

Stay off the drugs. 

30 minutes ago, Mox said:

Never underestimate the boards ability to fuck up 10 in a row, this is the first decision that jeopardises it.

It will certainly make the summer interesting. 

Will Celtic spend big? If not, will their current stars get unsettled? 

Can Lennon attract the players they'll need to rebuild? Who is going to be their new head of recruitment? 

And can Rangers improve, because they missed an open goal this season. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It will certainly make the summer interesting. 

Will Celtic spend big? If not, will their current stars get unsettled? 

Can Lennon attract the players they'll need to rebuild? Who is going to be their new head of recruitment? 

And can Rangers improve, because they missed an open goal this season. 

Nice to see Griffiths smiling after the final. As a Scotland fan I would like to see him back and I'm sure Celtic would as well. However it's not a great Celtic team and they must hope to rebuild without losing assets like Forrest or McGregor.