Clake's first sqaud - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clake's first sqaud

jamboman

I don't think if the team struggles against SC that he will get stick, or if he does it will be from a vocal minority, I believe most will give him time similar to how OGS has the backing of most Man Utd fan's. 

59 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Hopefully Ryan Fraser can stay fit now, have a run of games and start playing as well for his nation as he does for his club. He's going to be a key player in the final third when you look at the decisive period in March 2020.

And if Bournemouth are on the phone saying Fraser can't play because he's scratched his finger or he had a bad dream, Clarke should tell Bournemouth to go and fuck themselves ! 

9 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Weak up front but that's nothing new.

The reality is it will be a damaged limitation 5 across the midfield away to Belgium so whoever is upfront won't be seeing much of the ball. Hopefully home advantage will be enough to see off Cyprus otherwise SC will start getting stick from his first game.

Hopefully Ryan Fraser can stay fit now, have a run of games and start playing as well for his nation as he does for his club. He's going to be a key player in the final third when you look at the decisive period in March 2020.

Reckon it'll be Burke up top v Belgium with Forrest, McGregor or Armstrong and Fraser in behind - assuming all fit.

11 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Reckon it'll be Burke up top v Belgium with Forrest, McGregor or Armstrong and Fraser in behind - assuming all fit.

Burke up front *shudder*

I’d go with Russell. Starts every week and just off a hat-trick at the weekend. 

Edited by McTeeko

According to the Hearld today, Steven Fletcher is being "rested" for this game.....

"James McArthur, Matt Ritchie and Robert Snodgrass will not be involved in the Group I double header. Elsewhere, David Bates, Ryan Christie, Liam Cooper, Barry Douglas, and Ryan Jack are injured. Steven Fletcher is being allowed to rest while John Fleck is getting married. Elsewhere, Barry Bannan has not been selected on this occasion."

13 minutes ago, wanderer said:

According to the Hearld today, Steven Fletcher is being "rested" for this game.....

"James McArthur, Matt Ritchie and Robert Snodgrass will not be involved in the Group I double header. Elsewhere, David Bates, Ryan Christie, Liam Cooper, Barry Douglas, and Ryan Jack are injured. Steven Fletcher is being allowed to rest while John Fleck is getting married. Elsewhere, Barry Bannan has not been selected on this occasion."

No mention of Tierney?

15 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Nobody said he should be.

What was said was that hopefully him or another right back develops so we aren’t left with O’Donnell & Palmer, both of which are complete dung.

That would indeed be tremendous. The development of a top class striker and centre half would also be damn pleasing.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

According to Clarke, three are getting married

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Add the fact that he has sat on the bench for Blackburns last five games and you could be right.

He's disintegrated quickly if he's gone from scoring 10 goals from centerback to being benched for not being good enough inside the same season! :D

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well I've slated you a 100 times for bringing Rhodes up, but 6 goals in 1017 minutes of Championship football this season is streets ahead of the players selected..

bit sad, but.. yeah

I wish we had someone really staking a claim, but we've go what we've got.

17 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

As far as I can see it was reported that Clarke and Cooper had positive talks and that Cooper would be playing for Scotland under Clarke. 

I can only assume that Cooper is one of the three getting married or has a holiday booked or something and will be included in September’s squad. 

Ah cool I see Snodgrass and Fleck are the other two getting married, a Steven Fletcher isn't fit enough apparently and needs a rest, the only definite no appears to be from McArthur. 

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That would indeed be tremendous. The development of a top class striker and centre half would also be damn pleasing.

Top class lol.

A right back which is atleast decent championship level would be fine, both of which O’Donnell & Palmer aren’t.

By far our weakest position and Ryan Jack is probably our best option there. 

54 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Ah cool I see Snodgrass and Fleck are the other two getting married, a Steven Fletcher isn't fit enough apparently and needs a rest, the only definite no appears to be from McArthur. 

Think people are looking at the "90% positive" comment like Clarke has spoken to 100's of players, when he has probably only spoken with a dozen or so (so chance McArthur is only one who has said he is stay retired from international duty). 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Top class lol.

A right back which is atleast decent championship level would be fine, both of which O’Donnell & Palmer aren’t.

By far our weakest position and Ryan Jack is probably our best option there. 

I was laughed at for suggesting it, but unfortunately bar playing Tierney on the right, Jack is probably our best option at right back.

6 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Am I the only one on here who thinks SOD is alright? Not amazing by any stretch but he's put in a decent shift in every game he's played bar Israel away where the entire defence was bad.

SOD is a steady eddy at best......but his lack of any pace is a real worry, especially coming up against a player like Hazard!

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

I’m sure someone posted elsewhere today that Cooper is injured. Not sure if it’s true or not. 

6 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

SOD is a steady eddy at best......but his lack of any pace is a real worry, especially coming up against a player like Hazard!

SOD is fine vs most opposition we will ever face (including everybody in our qualifying group excepting belgium).  Obviously Hazard can rip him apart, but that is probably true of 99% of right backs in the world. 

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

SOD is fine vs most opposition we will ever face (including everybody in our qualifying group excepting belgium).  Obviously Hazard can rip him apart, but that is probably true of 99% of right backs in the world. 

Yeah that is true.....my point being that any decent left winger with pace will expose him badly.... he’s a carthorse when he runs!

40 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Am I the only one on here who thinks SOD is alright? Not amazing by any stretch but he's put in a decent shift in every game he's played bar Israel away where the entire defence was bad.

I agree with you. And he is certainly a better option at RB, the position he plays week in week out, than some average central midfield player.

Anyone suggesting Ryan Jack plays RB ahead of him is firmly in the Bertie Vogts camp of sticking players in positions they are not used to playing.

We have, in the main, an average set of players. Lets not lessen their potential to perform and ability further by playing them in positions they are not used to playing.