Clake's first sqaud - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clake's first sqaud

jamboman

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

Pretty much as expected squad.... Lewis Morgan only one that raises a eyebrow

I’m a wee bit surprised that Palmer made it in after his performance in March but I guess Clarke is starting with a clean slate. 

Just now, wanderer said:

Pretty much as expected squad.... Lewis Morgan only one that raises a eyebrow

I wouldn't say that; Palmer raises both my eyebrows plus no Fletcher our most effective striker. And why 4 goalies though pleased to see Marshall back. Why McNulty when 24 goal McBurnie left out. Most disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I wouldn't say that; Palmer raises both my eyebrows plus no Fletcher our most effective striker. And why 4 goalies though pleased to see Marshall back. Why McNulty when 24 goal McBurnie left out. Most disappointed.

Actually did not click at first McBurnie was missing

Something funny about Fletcher not being picked. I wonder if he’s asked to be left out?

I also thought McBurnie would be in but I doubt he (or McNulty) would start so I’m not that concerned. 

I must say I was hoping for a little better as well but I’ll trust Clarke’s judgment. 

Good to see Cairney in the team. Hopefully he’ll add something. 

no fletcher or mcburnie suggests to me that oli burke could be leading the line. brophy and russell are pretty much like for like, suprised to see mcnulty still in the squad as hasnt been great for hibs for a while but he is a different option also surprised mcburnie isnt in there for his height but not disappointed as he has been poor for scotland 

Evolution rather than revolution seems to be the order of the day, lets hope he can get  the most out of them. Surprised by Fletcher's omission as he had done very well recently.  I didn't think Morgan was great in the League One play off, tried hard but lacking a bit of composure.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Something funny about Fletcher not being picked. I wonder if he’s asked to be left out?

I also thought McBurnie would be in but I doubt he (or McNulty) would start so I’m not that concerned. 

I must say I was hoping for a little better as well but I’ll trust Clarke’s judgment. 

Good to see Cairney in the team. Hopefully he’ll add something. 

Agree about Fletcher. Cairney has had an underwhelming season in the prem though.

Im working on the basis that Fletcher has chucked it. Clarke, when talking about available strikers, didn't say he was unavailable through injury.

When he was interviewed by Si Ferry on the Open Goal podcast, I didn't get the impression that he was desperate to be involved anyway.

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Agree about Fletcher. Cairney has had an underwhelming season in the prem though.

Aye it’s a bit odd that Cairney wasn’t selected when he was doing well and now he’s struggled a wee bit he’s in. Clarke obviously rates him though. Different manager, different opinions and all that. 

And also Jack could have covered right back. This seems like a McLeish squad Very disappointed but I trust Clarke.

I’d have had Jack in ahead of Palmer as cover for RB but Clarke knows better than me. 

Edited by Texas Pete