Clake's first sqaud - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clake's first sqaud

jamboman

12 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Why should Ryan Jack be in the squad because he is one of the most consistent performers for the second placed team in the Scottish Premiership, a team that were miles of the league winners and made it to zero cup finals. Playing consistently well for Rangers means absolutely hee haw. We have far better options than Ryan Jack in Midfield. 

So only Celtic players from the Scottish Premiership should be selected?

Have a word with yourself. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣Ryan Jack

Hes as soft as shite, nowhere near the battling qualities for an international midfielder. Would Scott brown release him from his pocket for the week of the international game?

Did you even watch the last Old Firm game?

As I said, he wouldn’t make my starting 11 if everyone was fit but would be a decent squad player for us. 

Weren’t you touting him for a call up when he was at Aberdeen?

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣Ryan Jack

Hes as soft as shite, nowhere near the battling qualities for an international midfielder. Would Scott brown release him from his pocket for the week of the international game?

Aw meeow! Or should that be baaa?

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

So only Celtic players from the Scottish Premiership should be selected?

Have a word with yourself. 

Deary me definitely a proper Rangers man I'm dealing with here. When did I ever state only Celtic players from the Scottish Premiership should be selected. Can you quote me on that please mate, or are you just making up absolute nonsense to suit some pathetic old firm argument your having with yourself in your own head

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Deary me definitely a proper Rangers man I'm dealing with here. When did I ever state only Celtic players from the Scottish Premiership should be selected. Can you quote me on that please mate, or are you just making up absolute nonsense to suit some pathetic old firm argument your having with yourself in your own head

I think it may have been more about your statement that appeared to suggest Jack doesn't merit a call up because his team only finished 2nd? The only team better than that is Celtic. 

But I'll let Pete clear things up himself... 

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Jesus. It’s obviously an idiot I’m dealing with. 

You stated that being a consistent performer for the second best team in Scotland wasn’t enough for a call up. 

That would indicate that you feel that players from the third or fourth best team (or lower) in Scotland should also not be selected. You obviously didn’t mean that. You clearly only have a problem with Rangers. You’re also clearly not articulate enough to get your point across properly.  

This has nothing to do with Rangers or anyone else. Ryan Jack is one of the best Scottish midfielders currently playing in Scotland. Does that mean I think he’s a fantastic footballer? No it doesn’t. I do think he’d be a decent squad player for us though. He could even play at right back if we were stuck. 

You obviously don’t rate the guy. That’s fine but don’t come at me with this Rangers agenda pish when you clearly know nothing about me or which team I support. 

1 hour ago, mrniaboc said:

I think it may have been more about your statement that appeared to suggest Jack doesn't merit a call up because his team only finished 2nd? The only team better than that is Celtic. 

But I'll let Pete clear things up himself... 

That was exactly my point. 

If you think players shouldn’t be in the Scotland squad because their team finished a distant second to Celtic then surely you wouldn’t want players from teams that finished behind Rangers? What an odd attitude. 

Press saying up to 4 Killie players will be in the squad (Taylor, Findlay, Brophy and O’Donnell), recall for Cooper, that there will be clean slates with Snodgrass and Ritchie, and even some murmurs that Jack Harper could be in there.

53 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Press saying up to 4 Killie players will be in the squad (Taylor, Findlay, Brophy and O’Donnell), recall for Cooper, that there will be clean slates with Snodgrass and Ritchie, and even some murmurs that Jack Harper could be in there.

3 defenders are no surprise. 

Brophy a wee bit but we're struggling up front. His season was stop start with injury. 

On 5/25/2019 at 10:53 PM, hampdenroarpod said:

Just released the latest episode of the Hampden Roar podcast in which we debate who will be called up to Clarke's first squad.

Audioboom - https://audioboom.com/posts/7271230-steve-clarke-announced-and-squad-debate

iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/19-steve-clarke-announced-and-squad-debate/id1432582074?i=1000439296943

Spotify - 

First time listening. Could have warned me about how good that intro is. Got goosebumps! 

14 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Jesus. It’s obviously an idiot I’m dealing with. 

You stated that being a consistent performer for the second best team in Scotland wasn’t enough for a call up. 

That would indicate that you feel that players from the third or fourth best team (or lower) in Scotland should also not be selected. You obviously didn’t mean that. You clearly only have a problem with Rangers. You’re also clearly not articulate enough to get your point across properly.  

This has nothing to do with Rangers or anyone else. Ryan Jack is one of the best Scottish midfielders currently playing in Scotland. Does that mean I think he’s a fantastic footballer? No it doesn’t. I do think he’d be a decent squad player for us though. He could even play at right back if we were stuck. 

You obviously don’t rate the guy. That’s fine but don’t come at me with this Rangers agenda pish when you clearly know nothing about me or which team I support. 

Now now. I actually stated Ryan Jack being a consistent performer for the second best team in Scotland didn't warrant a call up.  We weren't speaking about anyone else. Again maybe read exactly what I write before coming to your light blue tinted conclusions and making idiotic comments. It is Ryan Jack we are talking about here is it not? I think it is very fair to say my statement is correct, that Ryan Jack being a consistent performer for Rangers isn't enough to warrant a call up, which I then elaborated on by stating there are better players in the same position, in better form, playing for better sides. What do you not get. 

Expecting something like this?

Bain, McLaughlin, Kelly
O'Donnell, Palmer
Robertson, Taylor
Bates, McKenna, Souttar, Findlay
Armstrong, McGinn, McGregor, McTominay, Turnbull, Christie
Forrest, Fraser, Hastie, Johnston
McBurnie, Fletcher

16 minutes ago, andyD said:

Expecting something like this?

Bain, McLaughlin, Kelly
O'Donnell, Palmer
Robertson, Taylor
Bates, McKenna, Souttar, Findlay
Armstrong, McGinn, McGregor, McTominay, Turnbull, Christie
Forrest, Fraser, Hastie, Johnston
McBurnie, Fletcher

Christie is injured is he not? Think Tom Cairney might make it, as Clarke will have seen a lot of him over the years before he took the Killie job.

52 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Now now. I actually stated Ryan Jack being a consistent performer for the second best team in Scotland didn't warrant a call up.  We weren't speaking about anyone else. Again maybe read exactly what I write before coming to your light blue tinted conclusions and making idiotic comments. It is Ryan Jack we are talking about here is it not? I think it is very fair to say my statement is correct, that Ryan Jack being a consistent performer for Rangers isn't enough to warrant a call up, which I then elaborated on by stating there are better players in the same position, in better form, playing for better sides. What do you not get. 

Being a consistent performer in the country’s second best team, including good performances in Europe, doesn’t merit a call up? 

Possibly, depending on other players, but it does warrant consideration. 

We’ll see what Clarke thinks shortly. It’s really only his opinion that matters I suppose. 

19 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Christie is injured is he not? Think Tom Cairney might make it, as Clarke will have seen a lot of him over the years before he took the Killie job.

Oh aye. Saw it was a facial injury and assumed he'd be back fairly quick, but turns out he's fractures a few bones.

Cairney or Snodgrass seem likely shouts.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

3 defenders are no surprise. 

Brophy a wee bit but we're struggling up front. His season was stop start with injury. 

I rate Findlay highly and Taylor has potential so wouldn’t be unhappy at his inclusion. O’Donnell is depressingly bad though and hope another right back surfaces soon. 

3 hours ago, bigfingers said:

Reports are saying no Snoddy, Fletcher, Ritchie or Mccarthur in the squad. David Turnbull will surely be included now.

No surprises there except maybe Fletcher. As far as I know he isn’t injured and hasn’t asked to be left out.