Clake's first sqaud - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clake's first sqaud

jamboman

33 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Reports are clarkes trying to get Liam Cooper in. Wouldn't be against this. I would take Cairney as a squad player and I think Fletcher should be starting up top. 

Also imagine he will be having a word with Snoddy to come back. 

Cooper worries me. I’m sure he must be a decent player but I don’t think I have ever seen him have a good game. 

He always seems to throw a clanger in which costs his team a goal. 

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Cooper worries me. I’m sure he must be a decent player but I don’t think I have ever seen him have a good game. 

He always seems to throw a clanger in which costs his team a goal. 

He's the Leeds captain so could maybe do with those leadership qualities at the back. 

3 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

He's the Leeds captain so could maybe do with those leadership qualities at the back. 

That’s why I assume he must be a decent player. I still haven’t seen much evidence of it though. Not that I watch a lot of Leeds matches right enough. 

I’ll reserve proper judgement until I see him play for Scotland if he’s selected. 

36 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

I was keen for Cooper then watched the play off semi where he single handedly was the reason they didn’t make it. 

If it was just that match I wouldn’t be too concerned. Everyone has a bad game now and again. 

He does have a bit of a reputation of being a bombscare though. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Blasphemy as well? Want to go for a treble and start slagging women’s fitba or something?😂

Not sure if it's even possible to say anything without somone being offended on behalf of the supposedly offended party

2 minutes ago, todd said:

Not sure if it's even possible to say anything without somone being offended on behalf of the supposedly offended party

It’s actually pretty easy. 

What makes you think I’m not Chinese?

1 minute ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I would like to see a few young players sprinkled through the squad even if there is no intention of playing them, give them a taste of things and encourage other youngsters to push on

You shouldn’t be in the squad unless you’re ready to play. 

I don’t have a problem with young players being picked but they need to be ready to play. What if we get a lot of injuries in the Cyprus game and have to field a few rookies against Belgium? We’ll get torn a new arse. 

Liam Coopers stats for the 4-2 defeat against Derby

Aerials won- 10 - four more than next best on pitch. Breakdown,   11 defensive aerials and he won 10 of them.

Interceptions-9- 6 more than next best on pitch

Possession 8.2% - 0.3% more than next best on pitch

Tackles-4- equal best on pitch

Touches of ball -82 highest  on pitch

Shots on goal 2 fifth most on pitch (hit the woodwork)

Mistakes- one major,

Perhaps he would be more appealing if he went hiding like every other Scotland defender in the last 20 years.

Edited by ceudmilefailte

4 minutes ago, todd said:

Because a Chinese person wouldn't be offended by it.  Ffs I really hope you don't watch the Simpsons 

You speak for over a billion people now? 

I wasn’t really being serious in all honesty but I do like taking the piss out of casual racists. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

You speak for over a billion people now? 

I wasn’t really being serious in all honesty but I do like taking the piss out of casual racists. 

Get a grip man, how the fuck is that racism, casual or otherwise? So if you're Scottish and I was to say 'Och I the noo' is that racism?

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Get a grip man, how the fuck is that racism, casual or otherwise? So if you're Scottish and I was to say 'Och I the noo' is that racism?

It’s to do with the fact that Asian people were considered inferior to westerners so mocking the way they speak is offensive. 

Its similar to why blackface is wrong but a black person wearing white makeup isn’t. 

This isn’t really the forum for this discussion though. Feel free to do some research if you want to find out more. 

16 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Aerials won- 10 - four more than next best on pitch. Breakdown,   11 defensive aerials and he won 10 of them.

Mistakes- one major,

Perhaps he would be more appealing if he went hiding like every other Scotland defender in the last 20 years.

Summary: did his job other than the major mistake(s) that cost his team the game. Not good enough.

16 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Mistakes- one major,

It’s the catastrophic mistakes that get remembered and he’s prone to a few. Those stats look pretty good though.

I won’t have a problem if he’s selected but I’m not sure if he’s the answer to our defensive problems.  We are not exactly bursting at the seams with quality central defenders though so let’s see what he can do.