Next PM - Page 4 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next PM

Hertsscot

Javid eliminated from the leadership race ending the pretence that a muslim could be leader of the Conservative party

The Davidson curse strikes again

Likely now that Johnson will engineer a situation to get Cunt into the last two by lending some of his votes and thus bringing the Mundell curse into play

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Javid eliminated from the leadership race ending the pretence that a muslim could be leader of the Conservative party

The Davidson curse strikes again

Likely now that Johnson will engineer a situation to get Cunt into the last two by lending some of his votes and thus bringing the Mundell curse into play

I feel despair that its Johnson v Hunt but to be honest whoever got through I was going to feel the same way, Gove v Javid or McVey v Raab would have been no better.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:44 PM, Ally Bongo said:

He was excellent

He was but it’s fucking scary how quickly the Tories still backed their man Johnson.

”any conservative pm is better for Scotland than the SNP”. That was the reply. 

I did laugh at the Tory gump who had a dig at the speaker for allowing the term racist to be used.

I don't think I've ever hated the Tories more. What an utter shower of corrupt toffs. They would give corrupt African politicians a masterclass in how to rig an election or voting process. BoJo the clown's team have cherry picked Boring Remainer Cunt as his rival in the final two. 

I'm not Gove's biggest fan but he was clearly done over here. Five Javid backers publicly switched to BoJo yesterday and yet his count only went up by three. That doesn't include those who also switched to BoJo but didn't publicly declare it. 

Fingers crossed BoJo and co make a complete arse of Brexit and end up out on their ear after the next election. 

Edited by Saint4805

1 hour ago, Saint4805 said:

I don't think I've ever hated the Tories more. What an utter shower of corrupt toffs. They would give corrupt African politicians a masterclass in how to rig an election or voting process. BoJo the clown's team have cherry picked Boring Remainer Cunt as his rival in the final two. 

I'm not Gove's biggest fan but he was clearly done over here. Five Javid backers publicly switched to BoJo yesterday and yet his count only went up by three. That doesn't include those who also switched to BoJo but didn't publicly declare it. 

Fingers crossed BoJo and co make a complete arse of Brexit and end up out on their ear after the next election. 

Listening to the news this morning it’s scary that the distinct lack of ethics in fudging the result was not only tolerated, or even accepted, but almost venerated as mastery in the dark arts of politics (radio 4).  Who needs ethics to run a country aye?   

12 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Listening to the news this morning it’s scary that the distinct lack of ethics in fudging the result was not only tolerated, or even accepted, but almost venerated as mastery in the dark arts of politics (radio 4).  Who needs ethics to run a country aye?   

You couldn't make it up. The party that insists on upholding the 2016 referendum result for the sake of democracy is the same one that wanted to change the Tory party leadership rules to get rid of May six months early because they F'd up and played their joker/no confidence card too early and then rigged the resultant leadership vote. 

They might all be high fiving each other for getting rid of Gove but they stepped on a snake. He will bide his time before striking back and exacting revenge. 

Edited by Saint4805

On 6/21/2019 at 8:38 AM, Saint4805 said:

I'm not Gove's biggest fan but he was clearly done over here.

Don't forget it was Gove that stuck the knife into Johnson during the post-Cameron leadership race. He's just been repaid in kind. Fly with the crows...

52 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Don't forget it was Gove that stuck the knife into Johnson during the post-Cameron leadership race. He's just been repaid in kind. Fly with the crows...

Yeah I do recall that although personally I think the whole 'backstabbing' thing is a bit overhyped. Gove initially supported Boris' leadership bid and then changed his mind, withdrew his support and decided to stand himself because he thought he could do a better job. I can think of a lot worse things that have happened in politics that didn't get as much attention. 

Edited by Saint4805

The tragic thing is I don't think anyone could rely on Johnson to deliver any particular outcome. Didn't he actually vote for May's last deal? Also he talks fighting talk, but seems posted missing when the heat is on. In their own ways Trump and Farage have more substance and steeliness and self respect. 

3 hours ago, Saint4805 said:

Yeah I do recall that although personally I think the whole 'backstabbing' thing is a bit overhyped. Gove initially supported Boris' leadership bid and then changed his mind, withdrew his support and decided to stand himself because he thought he could do a better job. I can think of a lot worse things that have happened in politics that didn't get as much attention. 

Gove was Johnson's campaign manager!

Who IIRC launched his own campaign just before Johnson's was about to start,  completely undermining and wrongfooting him at the crucial moment. 

1 hour ago, exile said:

The tragic thing is I don't think anyone could rely on Johnson to deliver any particular outcome. Didn't he actually vote for May's last deal? Also he talks fighting talk, but seems posted missing when the heat is on. In their own ways Trump and Farage have more substance and steeliness and self respect. 

And Johnson found out in his sole appearance on a live debate. When Rory Stewart pressed him to explain how he'd get around the Irish hard border issue getting goods across the border Boris was floundering. He claimed in event of No Deal and amidst on-going discussions they'd go with an agreement in place at moment to allow freedom of movement of goods across the Irish border. The thick tosser doesn't realise that No Deal would end all agreements with the EU. He truly thinks he can cherry pick what EU laws he can flout after a No Deal. Clueless clown.

22 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Jeremy Hunt justifying that MP's should get a free TV licence. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/jeremy-hunt-free-tv-license-mps/

BBC going to make pensioners pay next year, that's just wrong.

It beggars belief. It really does. And it is even more staggering listening to affluent toffs honestly believing they should not pay for a TV license.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And Johnson found out in his sole appearance on a live debate. When Rory Stewart pressed him to explain how he'd get around the Irish hard border issue getting goods across the border Boris was floundering. He claimed in event of No Deal and amidst on-going discussions they'd go with an agreement in place at moment to allow freedom of movement of goods across the Irish border. The thick tosser doesn't realise that No Deal would end all agreements with the EU. He truly thinks he can cherry pick what EU laws he can flout after a No Deal. Clueless clown.

Didnt see it , but sounds reminiscent of the  Salmon/Darling 2 parter debate in Glasgow

no firm strategy for entry into EU, floundering badly on the currency issue; then when challenged on oil income , used the food & beverage industry as a viable option if $barrel fell

was supposed to be okay to vote for that clown though

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Jeremy Hunt justifying that MP's should get a free TV licence. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/jeremy-hunt-free-tv-license-mps/

BBC going to make pensioners pay next year, that's just wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong but it was that Tory bastard George Osborne who passed the buck onto the bbc fuck all to do with the bbc it was even in the Tory 2015 manifesto that they would safeguard the license fee for over 75s and it was a labour government who introduced it so it’s all political 

58 minutes ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Didnt see it , but sounds reminiscent of the  Salmon/Darling 2 parter debate in Glasgow

no firm strategy for entry into EU, floundering badly on the currency issue; then when challenged on oil income , used the food & beverage industry as a viable option if $barrel fell

You are hilarious. Bitter Together used EU membership as a reason to vote No and for it Scotland are being dragged out of the EU against it's will. Currency issue well Salmond said they'd keep the pound in the interim but Darling claimed that could not happen. Guess what? The Governor of the Bank of England said Scotland keeping the pound was perfectly feasible. More Bitter Together BS then. Oil income - well that brought about more Bitter Together BS. Remember they claimed oil was all but gone from the North Sea? So much so that since then they have moved borders so that more oilfields are now in English waters AND surprise surprise two new oilfields off the coast of Scotland have been discovered.

The only clowns are people who prefer to stay shackled to a decrepit, decaying union with Coco the Clown set to be their next PM.

1 hour ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

You are the clown. 

You seen fit to sign up to a football message board  exclusively to portray your politics. What a shit life you must have yet you want it to continue in the same vein.

Edited by Farcity

11 minutes ago, Farcity said:

You are the clown. 

You seen fit to sign up to a football message board  exclusively to portray your politics. What a shit life you must have yet you want it to continue in the same vein.

He’s not the only one to do that. Is it only worth mentioning when your politics differ from the majority?

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He’s not the only one to do that. Is it only worth mentioning when your politics differ from the majority?

I mind years ago i was accused of it. Then other board members had to point out they were at away games with me. I had a sunshine appeal badge from Copenhagen etc.

If i had done it, it would be a bit sad, especially since it's not to debate it to antagonise.