Next PM - Page 2 - Politics - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next PM

Hertsscot

3 hours ago, exile said:

Does anyone remember MG used to be a cultural pundit on newsnight review or am I dreaming đŸ˜”

Sunday herald reminded us Bojo actually on record attacking Barnett

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, the first i saw of him was as a journalist for one of the broadsheets on a 'press review' type show on BBC news 24. Must be going back 15 years. He has a face/manner you tend not to forget (even though you wish you could!).

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, the first i saw of him was as a journalist for one of the broadsheets on a 'press review' type show on BBC news 24. Must be going back 15 years. He has a face/manner you tend not to forget (even though you wish you could!).

Talking about faces,  someone at the BBC must have an agenda.  We can all have our off moments but on the photoline up they had up the other day, both Stewart and Gove can only be described as looking 'simple.'

Continuing the Gove theme, here is what he said in his leadership bid in 2016

"I am someone for whom the Union is not a constitutional abstraction but who I am. 

...the vote to leave the European Union gives us the chance to renew and reboot the Union. 

I think we need to explore how we can develop a fairly-funded, flexible and robust Union for our new circumstances - and I will work across political divides, with respect, to build that new Union

30 minutes ago, exile said:

Oh dear Matt Hancock just been precision-savaged by Emma Barnett on newsnight. Bring on the next one!

Indeed

You'll notice however that in none of these interviews is the elephant in the room addressed when they go on about bringing the "country" together particularly in light of the EU elections never mind the EU referendum result

Surely somebody somewhere at some point will ask "And what about Scotland"

Edit - Emma has nice chebs

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

... although I'm really not sure that a lot of voters in England care.

Indeed.

... and that's what makes me laugh about the Unionist's of Northern Ireland...

They don't seem to realise the vast majority of people on 'the mainland' (and in England especially) couldn't care less about them.  

5 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Indeed.

They don't seem to realise the vast majority of people on 'the mainland' (and in England especially) couldn't care less about them.  

Absolutely, many of them would be somewhere between embarrassed and petrified. True Tory country down here but never seen the Orange Order out for a March. Most English lump both sides of N.Ireland together as 'Irish' and wouldn't be fussed if they left the UK.

22 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Indeed.

Nah, they're very much aware. That's their worst fear - 'betrayal' by their motherland.

It explains their visceral hatred for the left wing of the Labour party.

D8Aqu6HXYAAoWvO.jpg:large

I thought this was fake, but its real.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea, its stupidity beyond belief to reference Culloden, he thinks he can unite the UK. His advisors must be retards.

Moron, absolute utter moron.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:01 AM, euan2020 said:

see Gove had an interest in football .................

đŸ˜± I didn't think it was possible but  young Michael Gove looks even creepier than the old one. 

Chebby Mordaunt should be announcing herself as a candidate this week

I'm on at 20/1 - dont say i never told you

An interesting comment form Matt Hancock.

"One of the proudest things I've done as a minister was when I was culture secretary, making sure we got Union jacks on the Edinburgh festival."

Fiona Hyslop's responded on twitter saying Hancock is talking pish.

Hancock is like that wee guy you knew in primary school who claimed his da works for NASA and his brother's a commando.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

An interesting comment form Matt Hancockï»ż.

"One of the proudest things I've done as a minister was when I was culture secretary, making sure we got Union jacks on the Edinburgh festival."

Fiona Hyslop's responded on twitter saying Hancock is talking pish.

Hancock is like that wee guy you knew in primary school who claimed his da works for NASA and his brother's a commando.

Hancock is funded by big tobacco and he is health secretary. So i guess it's only trivial things he can find any pride in.

That face should be on every anti-drugs poster going...look kids, this is what you turn into if you do drugs. Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt confesses to drinking some cannabis-based concoction no f*cker has ever heard of whilst trekking the Himalayas in between boarding school & Oxford. Good to know he'd be in touch with the modern drugs scene.

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

That face should be on every anti-drugs poster going...look kids, this is what you turn into if you do drugs. Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt confesses to drinking some cannabis-based concoction no f*cker has ever heard of whilst trekking the Himalayas in between boarding school & Oxford. Good to know he'd be in touch with the modern drugs scene.

You could add Rory Stewart taking opium to your anti-drugs campaign as well.

It's a terrible field of candidates. Gove is probably the brainiest and best qualified of them all but the final two will probably be BoJo the clown v Mike Hunt (sorry I meant Jeremy) who is as dull as dishwater, has flip flopped more than any other candidate and as others have stated is basically 'Theresa in trousers'. An utter farce of a contest seeing as most MPs will probably back BoJo as they think he is their best chance of keeping their seat after the next General Election. None of them give a flying F about national interest. They're all out for themselves. Not only that, the Tory membership who get the final say are all old nationalist codgers who still believe in the bulldog spirit. 

I still don't see the next PM breaking the deadlock without having another referendum or a General Election. It's becoming increasingly clear that they won't get away with Parliament prorogation as a way of forcing No deal which Parliament will block.  The next PM could end up being forced out within a year. 

Edited by Saint4805

2 hours ago, Saint4805 said:

It's a terrible field of candidates. Gove is probably the brainiest and best qualified of them all but the final two will probably be BoJo the clown v Mike Hunt (sorry I meant Jeremy) who is as dull as dishwater, has flip flopped more than any other candidate and as others have stated is basically 'Theresa in trousers'. An utter farce of a contest seeing as most MPs will probably back BoJo as they think he is their best chance of keeping their seat after the next General Election. None of them give a flying F about national interest. They're all out for themselves. Not only that, the Tory membership who get the final say are all old nationalist codgers who still believe in the bulldog spirit. 

I still don't see the next PM breaking the deadlock without having another referendum or a General Election. It's becoming increasingly clear that they won't get away with Parliament prorogation as a way of forcing No deal which Parliament will block.  The next PM could end up being forced out within a year. 

I would also add that it is a complete farce that this debacle is going to be televised by the BBC.  Why bother showing debates about who is going to be the next leader of the Tory party/PM when only 0.16% of the UK population get a chance to decide?

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

I would also add that it is a complete farce that this debacle is going to be televised by the BBC.  Why bother showing debates about who is going to be the next leader of the Tory party/PM when only 0.16% of the UK population get a chance to decide?

I'm not even certain that the actual format is a head to head debate as we are used to seeing at previous General Elections. May obviously bottled it last time and refused to take part. I have a feeling the format will be easier for the candidates which is very poor considering the winner will become PM. There should be a proper grilling by the hosts and both candidates should be pitted against each other so that the whole country  can see who fairs better.