Moscow - Russia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moscow

Mazziessc

Anyone actually took the plunge and booked?

TBH I got fed up waiting and with other commitments had to make sure I got sorted. Myself and a few others sorted we booked Glasgow 8th October 6am - Moscow via Amsterdam with KLM arrive 2pm. Leave Fri 11th at 5pm same route back in Glasgow for 10pm Paid bout 240. There's a few internal cheap flights to other Russian cities available to suit if needed.

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

Anyone actually took the plunge and booked?

TBH I got fed up waiting and with other commitments had to make sure I got sorted. Myself and a few others sorted we booked Glasgow 8th October 6am - Moscow via Amsterdam with KLM arrive 2pm. Leave Fri 11th at 5pm same route back in Glasgow for 10pm Paid bout 240. There's a few internal cheap flights to other Russian cities available to suit if needed.

Not yet , can't believe they've not announced it yet . Might book mon to sat if its some place outside Moscow . Don't fancy booking Moscow then finding out it's in St Petersburg . Interesting wikipedia has Belgium down as playing in Moscow but no venue for us yet 

2 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

Not yet , can't believe they've not announced it yet . Might book mon to sat if its some place outside Moscow . Don't fancy booking Moscow then finding out it's in St Petersburg . Interesting wikipedia has Belgium down as playing in Moscow but no venue for us yet 

One hour flight between them, plenty suitable flights available too at around £60 return. I can't see it being anywhere bar Moscow or St Petersburg with them having to go to Cyprus 3 days later.

9 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

One hour flight between them, plenty suitable flights available too at around £60 return. I can't see it being anywhere bar Moscow or St Petersburg with them having to go to Cyprus 3 days later.

They've dragged Kazakhstan halfway across Europe to Kaliningrad and San Marino / Cyprus to far flung places too , they seem to be wanting to use those WC grounds , but SP/Moscow you'd think would make sense given the large travelling support we'll take . Hopefully announce it before we go to Belgium 

On 5/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, tattiescone69 said:

They've dragged Kazakhstan halfway across Europe to Kaliningrad and San Marino / Cyprus to far flung places too , they seem to be wanting to use those WC grounds , but SP/Moscow you'd think would make sense given the large travelling support we'll take . Hopefully announce it before we go to Belgium 

500-600 max

It won't be much more than what went to Kazakhstan.  Factor in the day trip to Edinburgh to get your £100 travel visa and the flight availability/cost to Russia then it's difficult to see anything above 1000.  Mind you, if we win every match between then and now.................................

6 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

It won't be much more than what went to Kazakhstan.  Factor in the day trip to Edinburgh to get your £100 travel visa and the flight availability/cost to Russia then it's difficult to see anything above 1000.  Mind you, if we win every match between then and now.................................

And prices starting to climb as the Russkis faff about deciding where the game is 😡

It's a complete nonsense. They clearly know where it's going to be but wait until the 120 days before to announce it. Why can't they just announce it, surely doesn't take 6 months to decide and confirm a venue. 

be aware that the 120 day "rule" is more of a gentleman's agreement and not an enforceable or punishable competition rule as such.  this means it could drag on far longer.  i'd half expect them to take us to an artificial surface stadium as that'll mean a few of our players will cry off.

27 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

be aware that the 120 day "rule" is more of a gentleman's agreement and not an enforceable or punishable competition rule as such.  this means it could drag on far longer.  i'd half expect them to take us to an artificial surface stadium as that'll mean a few of our players will cry off.

The Kazakhstan game was announced with a week to go to the 120 day rule ,hopefully ours will be the same . It's in the UEFA regulations so it's as much a rule as any other one .  Whether they'd get any kind of punishment if they didn't adhere to it , who knows 

Edited by tattiescone69

Booked months ago, taking a gamble flying to Moscow, although if the venue is announced as elsewhere, it's easier transferring in Moscow I would have thought.

Tues 8/10

Edinburgh - Gatwick

Gatwick - Riga

Riga - Moscow

Returning the same route 12/10, not too shabby for £167 return!!

4 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

The Kazakhstan game was announced with a week to go to the 120 day rule ,hopefully ours will be the same . It's in the UEFA regulations so it's as much a rule as any other one .  Whether they'd get any kind of punishment if they didn't adhere to it , who knows 

There is unlikely to be any punishment if they go past 120 days. It's looked at as more of a gentleman's agreement but most countries have met the requirement. Hopefully Russia do too, as they have done for previous fixtures to date in this campaign.

2 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

There is unlikely to be any punishment if they go past 120 days. It's looked at as more of a gentleman's agreement but most countries have met the requirement. Hopefully Russia do too, as they have done for previous fixtures to date in this campaign.

It's in the rules of the tournament. Go to Article 26

I know. I have a copy of them. I'm just saying that if you speak to any of the administrators they're likely to say that any punishment for failing to adhere to 120 days is unlikely.

Also, remember it's 120 days to notify UEFA, not necessarily the opponents.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2019 at 4:39 PM, Chicken Wing said:

Booked months ago, taking a gamble flying to Moscow, although if the venue is announced as elsewhere, it's easier transferring in Moscow I would have thought.

Tues 8/10

Edinburgh - Gatwick

Gatwick - Riga

Riga - Moscow

Returning the same route 12/10, not too shabby for £167 return!!

I'm heading over via the same route as you but Wed 9/10 to Fri 11/10 and l paid £250 for the privilege but l only booked it last week. Can't wait, l've been to Moscow before hence the shorter trip. Does your Riga flight get in to Moscow at 1am like mine?

6 hours ago, Will-i-am77 said:

I'm heading over via the same route as you but Wed 9/10 to Fri 11/10 and l paid £250 for the privilege but l only booked it last week. Can't wait, l've been to Moscow before hence the shorter trip. Does your Riga flight get in to Moscow at 1am like mine?

It's does mate. Arrive into Moscow about 1am on the early hours of Wednesday morning - flying from Riga with Aeroflot I believe. There's 5 of us booked on these flights

8 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

It's does mate. Arrive into Moscow about 1am on the early hours of Wednesday morning - flying from Riga with Aeroflot I believe. There's 5 of us booked on these flights

Cheers for the reply. It's a bit of nightmare that but it is what it is. What's your plan for getting into Moscow (assuming your staying there) from the airport? If you don't mind me asking of course.

I asked the hostel I'm staying at about airport transfer and they were wanting to charge me 3500 rubles (£48) for one way! According to the airport website you can get a taxi to the city centre for around 1000 rubles (£12) which is much more reasonable. I think there might be a night bus also so I may check that out first.

Edited by Will-i-am77

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 1:12 PM, Will-i-am77 said:

Cheers for the reply. It's a bit of nightmare that but it is what it is. What's your plan for getting into Moscow (assuming your staying there) from the airport? If you don't mind me asking of course.

I asked the hostel I'm staying at about airport transfer and they were wanting to charge me 3500 rubles (£48) for one way! According to the airport website you can get a taxi to the city centre for around 1000 rubles (£12) which is much more reasonable. I think there might be a night bus also so I may check that out first.

Aye, get a taxi, they are much more reasonable. I've seen some hideous prices for transfers, contacted my hotel and they said 1000 rubles in a taxi from the airport.