Mikey Johnstone Call Up? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mikey Johnstone Call Up?

Guest ElChris04

Would you Call Up Mikey Johnstone For Cyprus/Belgium?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One:

• Aye, Call Him Up
    • Naw, Too Early

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/30/2019 at 10:27 AM

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

What have you got against the English? Or the Irish for that matter?

It’s guys like you that give us a reputation for hating English people which is a load of shite. It’s a minority of doughballs that dislike people because of the country they come from. 

I’ll start of by saying I don’t understand the hate with Ireland nor do I agree with what most of his comment says about Ireland at all. As a guy with Irish family and roots there very sound folk and found his comment a lot of shite.

however it’s the English who hate on us and we just dish it back out. I can understand any scotsman’s Hatred for England, just go on social media and see what the average English person thinks of Scotland. We’re a laughing stock to them and on top of that they laugh at our accents, culture, league, Traditions, even broadcasters like sky insult us, whether it’s treating the Scottish league like garbage or cutting Steve Clarke’s press conference early, or Kay Burley ( sky news anchor ) recently goading Scottish supporters over the Kazakhstan loss. 

Point is, a Scottish football fan or Scotsman hating England’s national team  is a very common thing and definitely not a minority thing with the way they treat us. Having a go at Scotsman for it is mental.

15 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I’ll start of by saying I don’t understand the hate with Ireland nor do I agree with what most of his comment says about Ireland at all. As a guy with Irish family and roots there very sound folk and found his comment a lot of shite.

however it’s the English who hate on us and we just dish it back out. I can understand any scotsman’s Hatred for England, just go on social media and see what the average English person thinks of Scotland. We’re a laughing stock to them and on top of that they laugh at our accents, culture, league, Traditions, even broadcasters like sky insult us, whether it’s treating the Scottish league like garbage or cutting Steve Clarke’s press conference early, or Kay Burley ( sky news anchor ) recently goading Scottish supporters over the Kazakhstan loss. 

Point is, a Scottish football fan or Scotsman hating England’s national team  is a very common thing and definitely not a minority thing with the way they treat us. Having a go at Scotsman for it is mental.

Away and give yourself peace you petty little man. 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Take your own advice, recently it looks like you want to take over from chripper. There some valid points in what elchris said. 

9 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

Detestable individual who has previous for this, namely last summer when she went all triumphalistic live on camera about Germany being eliminated by South Korea.

In doing so, she blissfully forgot that Sky News is broadcast in international markets (including Germany) as Sky News International.

The head honchos at Sky News might want to take her aside and remind her of her responsibilities as an anchor for an international news organisation.

Guest ElChris04
50 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Detestable individual who has previous for this, namely last summer when she went all triumphalistic live on camera about Germany being eliminated by South Korea.

In doing so, she blissfully forgot that Sky News is broadcast in international markets (including Germany) as Sky News International.

The head honchos at Sky News might want to take her aside and remind her of her responsibilities as an anchor for an international news organisation.

How she’s still employed by Sky is beyond me, in the space of a week she went from  having a go at Ian Blackford on live tv for “mansplaining” after he put her in her place, then after the Kazakhstan loss she felt the need to goad Scotland fans on twitter. Horrible women.

Guest ElChris04
9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

If being a “petty little man” in today’s age is for not wanting your bitter national team rivals to do well, then I honestly don’t know what else to say. Sorry that the average English supporter or tv broadcaster who mock daily mock us, our league, culture, accent doesn’t really sit well with me. 

12 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

can understand any scotsman’s Hatred for England, just go on social media and see what the average English person thinks of Scotland. We’re a laughing stock to them and on top of that they laugh at our accents, culture, league, Traditions, even broadcasters like sky insult us, whether it’s treating the Scottish league like garbage or cutting Steve Clarke’s press conference early, or Kay Burley ( sky news anchor ) recently goading Scottish supporters over the Kazakhstan loss. 

Irish quite adept at poo-pooing Scottish fitba too (or at least my family in law are! :lol:)

I had the audacity to force my father and brother in-law to watch some of the cup final on Saturday when i arrived at their gaff for a family dinner. Usual comments about how shite Scottish football is compared to their beloved English premier league.

I did eventually bite when it was claimed the standard is no better than the League of Ireland :wacko:

Edited by Dave78

On 5/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, Texas Pete said:

So if we only had three good wingers you’d be happy with Clarke calling up some Clyde winger just because we needed a fourth? We should only be picking international class players. Not that I’m saying Johnston isn’t good enough, he just hasn’t proven it yet. 

If the Clyde winger is the 4th best winger we have, then yes. Seems a bit unlikely that our 4th best winger would be in league two, but the principle stands.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:59 PM, Texas Pete said:

Who says we’ll play with two wingers anyway? Clarke could play with wing backs or two up front for all any of us know. 

No one's saying for sure, but given that Scotland have used that for many years now, and Killie used 2 wide men, it seems very likely.

2 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

If being a “petty little man” in today’s age is for not wanting your bitter national team rivals to do well, then I honestly don’t know what else to say. Sorry that the average English supporter or tv broadcaster who mock daily mock us, our league, culture, accent doesn’t really sit well with me. 

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting England to lose. I normally support whoever they’re playing. 

It’s quite petty, and a little xenophobic, to dislike people because of the country they come from. 

The guy you were defending is obviously a xenophobe who hates the Irish and the English. I used to live in England and was welcomed and treated with respect by the vast majority of people there so to suggest that the English hate us and we just retaliate is laughable in my eyes. 

If you have received abuse then fair enough but why would you dislike a whole country because of an idiotic minority? Again, absolutely nothing wrong with disliking their media or sports teams in my opinion.

Agreed...ElChris obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Broadcasters are inherently biased, especially in football. Count the number of Old Firm ex pros that get media jobs in Scotland compared to Non OF.

Or the insane number of ex Liverpool players that are wheeled out by the BBC and Sky even when there is no LFC connection.

And to say the English hate us is a massive stretch......unfortunately in a footballing sense we dont even register most of the time, until we do have our semi-regular embarrassing result.

Guest ElChris04
1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting England to lose. I normally support whoever they’re playing. 

It’s quite petty, and a little xenophobic, to dislike people because of the country they come from. 

The guy you were defending is obviously a xenophobe who hates the Irish and the English. I used to live in England and was welcomed and treated with respect by the vast majority of people there so to suggest that the English hate us and we just retaliate is laughable in my eyes. 

If you have received abuse then fair enough but why would you dislike a whole country because of an idiotic minority? Again, absolutely nothing wrong with disliking their media or sports teams in my opinion.

Wasn’t defending him, was correcting you in I think it’s mental if you feel the need to have a go at a Scotsman for having a Hatred the English National team. No idea where I put I hate people for there country.... think I actually said we dish it back out what they give out to us, And all the other crap I see daily as mentioned which is xenophobic. But okay. 

6 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

Wasn’t defending him, was correcting you in I think it’s mental if you feel the need to have a go at a Scotsman for having a Hatred the English National team. No idea where I put I hate people for there country.... think I actually said we dish it back out what they give out to us, And all the other crap I see daily as mentioned which is xenophobic. But okay. 

He doesn’t appear to have a hatred of the English National Team. He appears to dislike Irish and English people. There’s a big difference.

I’m past caring though. The guy is a fud and I was only pointing that out until you got involved. 

39 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

I should also say that my original post wasn’t only in response to that one post. The guy has been posting pish like that for a while. 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, Texas Pete said:

What have you got against the English? Or the Irish for that matter?

It’s guys like you that give us a reputation for hating English people which is a load of shite. It’s a minority of doughballs that dislike people because of the country they come from. 

I don't have anything against either nation...their fitba supporters, their FAs and the fannies amongst us in Scotland who support either despite being bona fide Scots...I've hunners against they cunts.

In fact, thats incorrect, I hold Englands politics against them as a nation...beat me with a stick on that yin if you like

Edited by ONeils4oyarder

21 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

He doesn’t appear to have a hatred of the English National Team. He appears to dislike Irish and English people. There’s a big difference.

I’m past caring though. The guy is a fud and I was only pointing that out until you got involved. 

Give me a wee quote on where I said I hate either nation?

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Give me a wee quote on where I said I hate either nation?

Your frequent use of the term ‘rabid tim’ suggests you have a wee problem with either the Irish or Catholics. Or both. 

Your insistence that no Englishmen be involved in our back room team is anti-English. 

I could trawl through your posts for more but I can’t be arsed. 

You’re really quite offensive. I’m not easily offended though and I don’t really care what your opinions are but if you come away with the pish you do you should expect people to comment on it or challenge it. 

2 hours ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

I don't have anything against either nation...their fitba supporters, their FAs and the fannies amongst us in Scotland who support either despite being bona fide Scots...I've hunners against they cunts.

In fact, thats incorrect, I hold Englands politics against them as a nation...beat me with a stick on that yin if you like

You hate all England and Ireland supporters? That’s a bit of a generalisation is it not?

You come across as a bit of a bigot the way you put things. If you’re happy with that then carry on. 

20 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Your frequent use of the term ‘rabid tim’ suggests you have a wee problem with either the Irish or Catholics. Or both. 

Your insistence that no Englishmen be involved in our back room team is anti-English. 

I could trawl through your posts for more but I can’t be arsed. 

You’re really quite offensive. I’m not easily offended though and I don’t really care what your opinions are but if you come away with the pish you do you should expect people to comment on it or challenge it. 

I know plenty of 'tims' who are neither Catholic or Irish...you're not very good at this. 

I'd prefer not to have Englishmen on our coaching staff...the sight of Terry Butcher in a Scotland trackie put me off that concept for life.

Trawl away for all I care...